Deliveries: Chennai

How about the rest of the order ids of first batch

Balaji, Couldn’t it be opened the id upto 11725, i just missed it by 20 nos

Dear,
What about the immediate next set of serial numbers… Any likely date available plz.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey folks,

My order ID is #11709 and the payment window opened by 2.30 PM today. People with following order numbers do check your inbox for the mail from Ather.

1 Like

Glad to note your msg!

Mine is 11719 and it got opened too

1 Like

I too gone for Loan, Lease you need to have same down payment as Loan amount too, so no way it’s like, wow i can use the bike for 6 months and then i don’t need to pay the remaining amount and dispose the bike !! No.

So Loan feels like owning the bike after paying a considerable minimum down payment (~30k).

1 Like

Finally the long wait is over !
Order Id : 11,618 :grimacing:

2 Likes

What are the Doc for loan needed

1. Aadhaar (Address proof as well as identity)
  2. PAN (for availing FAME Subsidy - allowed only once for a person)
  3. Last 3 months payslip (or bank statement) if you are salaried
  4. Jpeg Photo of self

It was 8.5% flat for any duration for load up to 5 years.
So i took 3 years (with 30k min downpayment), which came around 3.5k / month for emi.

Process seems fairly simple, one thing Ather can improve is,
Save Address & Phone number like Amazon and don’t ask every time to type.

Reduce as much steps as possible for end user.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @rajeshkav @Ather.Team thank you for opening the payment window, just have few doubts,
1 - I need a specific number for the vehicle. So can that be done after payment is made?
2 - since no footrest is available in Ather 450 for now so after I get my vehicle can I have it installed manually? Will that impact my warranty of vehicle?

Note : I am buying the vehicle at one shot… So please clarify soon so I can make payment.

1. For specific number: I would like to register my 450 with special number of my choice. Is that possible?

2. On footrest: Any non-approved modifications to the vehicle or addition of non approved parts/accessories to your vehicle voids warranty.

1 Like

I believe you are talking about side foot rest for one sided sitting. Many of the users (I mean to say their spouses), including my wife in Bengaluru are fine with the current small foot rest.

These days if ladies are not in saree, they are ready to sit normally too (legs on both sides). It helps the rider in balancing and safety too.

3 Likes

@rajeshkav that is the case for two side seaters… But for one side people it is an issue…:astonished:

Any of the new owners, could you confirm if you have availed the lease option and have received your vehicle.

Any member who was in the first batch and completed the Lease formalities and is still awaiting delivery. Just wanted to check if the issues related to RTO registration and lease is solved or still being worked on.

Rest assured, the side foot rest is not much of an issue even for saree wearing older ladies! I travel with my mother every day for more than 50kms and have had no issues.

2 Likes

My mother is 60 with knee problem… She can’t sit on Ather by stepping on footrest. (I inquired attaching one, but sidestep not possible without structural damage, don’t do it…Ather is right on this one). Anyways i usually take her with the following hacks:

1. Tilting the vehicle so that she can sit easily (works on people 5.4" and above)
  2. She sits first and slides back from drivers seat (Side stand is sturdy enough)
  3. Mounting from a step which is near my gate or a stool

For everyone else, the footrest is more than enough (i do not carry people who want to sit sideways, its a fall risk)

Once again, i usually park near a hundred scooters in my office and i would never want to be lost in the crowd of old water buffalo design scooters. Ather may have shortchanged in service and delivery…but i do appreciate the design and product. Being bold has its sacrifices

9 Likes

My mother struggles… and says No to come by Ather straightaway… So, the portable stool is my hack… She comes in my scooter 4-5 times a month… Carrying that stool is not a big deal…

But, definitely Ather 2.0 should have this. Because, In India, scooters are scooters regardless of how you design it or how you assumed it to be used. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Shreyas @abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

Why does the payment page says that insurance is to be bought seperately?? The breakup does consists of insurance amount then what other insurance is to be bought?

1 Like

Guess Prem has gone for lease. Don’t think there are any issues.