Deliveries: Bengaluru

Super exited to see the green light, Charing point installation finally done. Thanks to Sadiq and Mani for doing a fentabulous job.

6 Likes

ā€˜Surpriseā€™ gift that youve been waiting for since 4 monthsā€¦? Lol! Also what surprise giftā€¦? :thinking:

1 Like

Whenever someone take delivery. I have seen photos with some boxā€¦ when I enquired what it is in forumā€¦ ather owners said when you take your vehicle delivery you get till that time it suspense like thatā€¦ so I didnā€™t get today

1 Like

How does it currently work for fancy number or a specific number? Does Ather team take care of it or the owner has to get it done on their own after the delivery with a temporary number?

You mean this? :wink:

2 Likes

Oh snapā€¦!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats @gt_ravi

Yes :smirk:

Thank you

@gt_ravi

IS that a Sari guard in the rear? IS it a standard fitment? Did not observe in any Athers yet

Yes standard fitment it comes. May be govt made mandatory but I heard so e people removedā€¦

Yep. Mandatory accessory during delivery. Itā€™s included in the total cost.

I removed mine after an overzealous biker rammed into my back in traffic. It was slightly bent and I just removed it.

Finally I got a call from Ather last night and asked for the RTO preference - told them, whatever gets me the scooter faster. They are going to EC RTO, 51. They are to submit the registration form today, but he wasnā€™t sure if RTO is open today. I guess the next couple of things are the charger installation and delivery.

@Prabhu what I got from the person who called was that, we will have to work with an RTO agent to get the fancy number. They would just give temp. registration number.

I can see my dashboard updated with ā€œCongrats. Next Stop, Deliveryā€ message. Waiting for delivery.

The thing is annoyingly loud! As loud as the one in my car.

Indicator will cut-off in 30secs I believe. It will also turn off once it senses the vehicle has completed a turn. This sensor works well while taking a u-turn or a sharp turn, but needs manual intervention to switch off while changing lanes and stuff.

1 Like

Thanks explaining how the indicator works :+1: with regard to sound of the horn it definitely isnā€™t loud for me and infact I would want it to be slightly louderā€¦

i rarely use horn

most of the time to annoy people who are on call while driving holding their mobile - i must say it is effective - it is pretty loud

regarding indicator, i would like to add to Raghav point

it uses accelerometer to determine the turn
so if u r doing decent speed, may be 25+ auto turn off will work even for lane change (working for me), low speeds it didnā€™t respond as the way it is suppose to

6 Likes

Even I hate use hornā€¦ rarely I use and indicator sound also. But in ather Iā€™m liking indicator sound so keep onā€¦

1 Like

Thanks @raghav.srinivasan and @Abhishek for your replies. Thanks for explaining the pretty cool finer bits of smartness the bike has to offer :smile: I will recheck into my horn and get back

1 Like

How many days would the temporary number be valid for any idea? @FeelTheForce

I donā€™t know.

1 Like