Deliveries: Bengaluru

@Shreyas Can you update on the delivery dates for the owners who already paid and RC and other details are already completed. since two weeks i am getting calls that delivery will be delayed. If i take this into consideration what i am loosing is 1) month of insurance 2) 1 month of interest which i would have earned if delayed the payment 3) 1 month of Warranty and etc. It looks to me that overall I am on the loosing side, this is not good customer satisfaction for me.

1 Like

How do you have a Ather owner tag if you do not have a 450 with you?

@Shreyas Since this is the third time i am waiting, it would be great if in future Ather adds a counter on forums or app for people who have ordered to know real delivery status. Its better to have a number than no info. Transparency is a corporate must have…not so highly regarded in our country tho

1 Like

Whaat, the dashboard now shows delivery in Oct - Nov. This is very disappointing. I was in dire need. 5 months would be huge waiting at this stage !

have

Whoa! Looks like, I will have to wait till Dec-Jan then. My order ID is in 15000s and currently shows Oct-Nov 2019 too!!

Deliveries will be delayed! Whatever is the quality issue, it is better for people that it is solved before the vehicles rolls out of the factory than possibly facing an issue on road.

6 Likes

Agree…
It better to get late delivery than a field recall.
Lesser inconvenience now than a greater inconvenience and potential dissatisfaction later.

1 Like

Received this disheartening mail today.

What’s stopping us from opening
your full payment window?

Hey Padmaraj,

We know that you must be wondering ‘why isn’t Ather opening up my payment window?’. That’s the reason we are writing to you.

Give us about 10 days
Our end-of-line quality folks have detected some issue, so to assess and solve it we have halted the deliveries for a brief time, but, we should be able to resume deliveries in the next 7-10 days.

The delivery picture
We’ll have to reschedule some of our deliveries and it seems that your delivery timelines might shift to Oct-Nov 2019. We apologise for this delay, we will keep you in the loop and send you an update once the production resumes. And of course, once the deliveries are back on track, we will try to ramp it up to make up for the lost time.

We hope to sort it out real fast, so we will get back to you soon.

1 Like

Seems like Chennai folks will get delivery before bangalore folks.

Looks like all new scooters will be delivered with the Dot. They might be migrating from Point to Dot. That’s why there is a delay.

How do you say that? It’s a production issue and it is not specific to one city. There is no separate production for Bengaluru and Chennai. Chennai folks will also be affected by this delay as much as Bengaluru people will be.
However, this delay may a blessing in disguise for Chennai folks as the TN government is expected to release the EV policy by this month end. If road tax is removed similar to Karnataka, people can get a small price advantage

1 Like

Read another post in Chennai delivery thread that Chennai guys will get delivery in September. Mine is pushed to October. Production issue yes, but the company is now deciding whether to deliver more vehicles in Bangalore or start delivering in Chennai.

It is not a good news if they are slowing down deliveries in Bengaluru to fulfill deliveries in Chennai ! I hope that’s not the case. I think irrespective of slowdown, they will deliver according to order number. As most chennai orders are made in June, it makes sense that theirs might be delivered before ours

Where did anyone from Ather say something like this?

Let’s put a full stop to speculation pls. @Shreyas, sales team really need to ramp up on the communication front.

3 Likes

@raghav.srinivasan, I am sorry if I had not made myself clear. I am not pulling up any speculations. I am just replying to previous messages. And yes, in another thread it’s mentioned that Chennai orders might be delivered in September. And I have tried to give a reason why that might be the case.

1 Like

@Shreyas @Ather.Team I was expecting a reply but looks like you are least bothered.

Guess so mine is 15752 shows Jan-Feb-2020 alomst 6 months if I get in Feb that’s too long a wait I think

:astonished:

@Ather.Team Please give us some good news on delivery front!
Lots of anxiety prevailing…

Hmm that’s way too long. when did you order your vehicle…?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather Dot, the new home charging pod