Deliveries: Bengaluru

Agree…
It better to get late delivery than a field recall.
Lesser inconvenience now than a greater inconvenience and potential dissatisfaction later.

1 Like

Received this disheartening mail today.

What’s stopping us from opening
your full payment window?

Hey Padmaraj,

We know that you must be wondering ‘why isn’t Ather opening up my payment window?’. That’s the reason we are writing to you.

Give us about 10 days
Our end-of-line quality folks have detected some issue, so to assess and solve it we have halted the deliveries for a brief time, but, we should be able to resume deliveries in the next 7-10 days.

The delivery picture
We’ll have to reschedule some of our deliveries and it seems that your delivery timelines might shift to Oct-Nov 2019. We apologise for this delay, we will keep you in the loop and send you an update once the production resumes. And of course, once the deliveries are back on track, we will try to ramp it up to make up for the lost time.

We hope to sort it out real fast, so we will get back to you soon.

1 Like

Seems like Chennai folks will get delivery before bangalore folks.

Looks like all new scooters will be delivered with the Dot. They might be migrating from Point to Dot. That’s why there is a delay.

How do you say that? It’s a production issue and it is not specific to one city. There is no separate production for Bengaluru and Chennai. Chennai folks will also be affected by this delay as much as Bengaluru people will be.
However, this delay may a blessing in disguise for Chennai folks as the TN government is expected to release the EV policy by this month end. If road tax is removed similar to Karnataka, people can get a small price advantage

1 Like

Read another post in Chennai delivery thread that Chennai guys will get delivery in September. Mine is pushed to October. Production issue yes, but the company is now deciding whether to deliver more vehicles in Bangalore or start delivering in Chennai.

It is not a good news if they are slowing down deliveries in Bengaluru to fulfill deliveries in Chennai ! I hope that’s not the case. I think irrespective of slowdown, they will deliver according to order number. As most chennai orders are made in June, it makes sense that theirs might be delivered before ours

Where did anyone from Ather say something like this?

Let’s put a full stop to speculation pls. @Shreyas, sales team really need to ramp up on the communication front.

3 Likes

@raghav.srinivasan, I am sorry if I had not made myself clear. I am not pulling up any speculations. I am just replying to previous messages. And yes, in another thread it’s mentioned that Chennai orders might be delivered in September. And I have tried to give a reason why that might be the case.

1 Like

@Shreyas @Ather.Team I was expecting a reply but looks like you are least bothered.

Guess so mine is 15752 shows Jan-Feb-2020 alomst 6 months if I get in Feb that’s too long a wait I think

:astonished:

@Ather.Team Please give us some good news on delivery front!
Lots of anxiety prevailing…

Hmm that’s way too long. when did you order your vehicle…?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Royally ignored i see :slight_smile:

To clear the air between Chennai and Bengaluru deliveries:

The delivery sequence remains as it was. The pause in production and deliveries affects both cities in the same way. For instance, if someone was supposed to get delivery in early September, and now gets delivery by end of September and, if someone was supposed to get the delivery in end of September might get it in mid-October now.

Chennai Pre-orders started in July first week, and the delivery schedule is independent of Bengaluru. It always has been.

2 Likes

Hey Sachin,

I understand that the customer support team has been in touch with you. The forum is not the right channel for addressing individual concerns. However, if you still feel there is something I can do, please feel free to DM me and I will try to help the best I can.

3 Likes

Hi Shreyas,
I dint find any place where i can get update on the delivery of bikes on hold, so posted my query into the forum, assuming queries regarding the delivery could be answered. Still waiting for response from the support team on the delivery of the bike.

As I not interested vehicle without onboard Ac-Dc converter I would like to cancel my preorder if anyone interested can swap
My order is 13925

1 Like

Sorry to note this. I am really interested in the new version than old for technical reasons. I have 7 months old 450 and I wish I can swap :slight_smile: