Dashboard

Anyone else facing issues with the 3g network? Mine has no range today and won’t sync with my phone app even when charging. Tried restarting, no luck though.

Same here!

Same here. Not working from 8 PM.
I reached home and put vehicle for charge when Ather app was not getting sync. Turned on vehicle and checked there was no network bar displayed on dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks guys, so it’s not just me. Have raised a ticket. Suggest you guys do the same if it’s persisting.

may be server down

or

incognito bug

The 3G network issues are troubling. Makes me doubt myself if I should go ahead with buying the scooter now with only 3G or wait until 4G is added.

It’s working now… Looks like it got sorted out overnight.

2 Likes

Honestly, don’t think it’s about 3g vs 4g, rather it’s the universally crappy coverage and capacity overloading that Telco have.

3 Likes

We need to blame the population for that. :rofl:
Telcos can’t really do much. When I was an alpha/beta user of jio, the speeds were incredible. After everyone started using, it’s extremely bad. This is the peak of telco infra. They really can’t do anything much.

3 Likes

I am just wondering what if Vodafone also phases out 3G network completely like Airtel. Will Ather scooters still be supported? Say 5-7 years from now if some one is still driving the same 450 without the network support it will just be a dumb scooter.

2 Likes

Of course it will in 2 years.

I guess Ather can recall our scooters and put in the 4G modem.

1 Like

Something like that should be possible. Because all over the world 3G is going to stop… it’s only a matter of time. But not sure how pluggable it will be

1 Like

I hope that’s the case too, but Ather hasn’t made any announcements on their plans when 3G is inevitably phased out.

They are probably testing it. And waiting for some official announcements from Voda/Idea. They wouldn’t want to upgrade all the scooters if 3G is meant to stay.

2 Likes

@Ather.Team

If I accept a location while crossing an area where the network drops, the dashboard says ‘no network’ and the directions and destination location is lost.

Then I have to stop and type in the location again or take out my phone and send the location to the vehicle again. This is very very very inconvenient.

If there is no network, the screen should just return to the directions screen, so when there is network, I can accept the route and continue my ride.

Or maybe it should just automatically accept directions to the location as soon as there is network.

Can you guys please resolve this in an upcoming OTA update? Thanks!

6 Likes

When is the Eco Mode gonna roll out in Bangalore ? The Chennai Test Drive Bikes already seem to have it. and for gods sake! please fix the network issue!!!
@Ather.Team

2 Likes

25th August during 3rd owners meet… same had happened last time :smiley:

They can only change the service provider. But that it will not fix the issue, but definitely improve the service. All service providers have network issues.

1 Like

I observed the following consistently (at least thrice so far) when the signal is poor. In my case I had only one bar network in my parking.

When I push a map location from App, after I turn on Vehicle, I get the notification (with delay). If I accept notification, system tries to download (the map and route) and if the signal is poor , I get a message something like ‘Internet unavailable’.

After that, the app thinks that location is already sent and accepted and it is in transit… Because the banner shows the accepted location. It does not allow to search for the same location again.

At this point, the only way is to search thru the dashboard all over. Problem searching thru dashboard is it is really laggy when typing. You have to literally wait for 4-5 seconds after each key. If you miss, the cursor moves to first or some random position.

@Ather.Team Please consider this for future updates.

1. Dashboard should give option to refresh or retry the download map if first attempt fails.
  2. App should have option to push the last location again.
  3. At least, dashboard should add this location to ‘Recents’ so that typing is not required.

Until fixed, our alternatives:
After pushing the location from App, Add this to ‘Favourites’. So, we can scroll and select the location from dashboard if download fails.

4 Likes

Today, the same thing happened. Tried twice and the same results. Searching thru the dashboard was not responding.

So, I did a restart after moving to a place where the network was better… Surprise, the notification came for Location got pushed again. Accepted and start navigating fine…

Learning: Move to a better network spot and restart.