Cruise control

It’s is useful for long drives …most of them are using for long drive

4 Likes

It’s depends on users

1 Like

How useful is reverse gear??? but it’s still there cause it’s easy to implement through software and hardware and is a good feature to have… same goes for cc

6 Likes

Unless they want to hold the feature as a reason to upgrade to the latest model in a bit of planned obsolescence… I’m sure they can figure out some button mapping to enable it… I feel like Ola as a company spend more on developing new features and accepting challenges and Ather spends more on hiring people to put creative spins and funny bits on why their precious creation can’t add any features… an usb port for charging… no… hazards… nope… cruise control… nu-uhh… smooth issue free maps… are u crazy…

11 Likes

Pretty useful, and stats don’t lie.

8 Likes

This I agree, and would definitely help. They are working on it, but as the thread suggests they’ll have to work around to make it work without a dedicated switch, which clearly isn’t possible on a existing scooter. I wouldn’t expect it as top priority for existing owner, rather can expect on the new launch.

1 Like

Why not just have a combination for it?

4 Likes

I’m sure cruise control would have bigger numbers… we just don’t have the possible numbers

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/atherenergy/status/1684437727004196864?t=X0ydG19lkPAF4wfhPY9HNg&s=19

It’s on its way guys

5 Likes

For 450s mostly not 450x

5 Likes

But in tweet they’ve tagged 450X also

2 Likes

thats what so confusing if they are doing it for post reach on all social platforms or 450x also has the “new warp drive” as teased in new insta reel

2 Likes

I think it will applicable only to newer models if it happens as they have recently updated the motor performance from 6.2kW peak to 6.4 kW

2 Likes

I saw somewhere earlier athers motor spins at 6.5k rpm at 80kmph and can handle 10k rpm so adding 10-15kmph more seems doable with 1k rpm more and should be possible even on gen 2 too just it would be nightmare on old battery pack

4 Likes

That would be possible if Ather were a home appliance. But this will need a lot of changes with the RTO because when they file the model, it takes top speed and a lot of features, that cannot be changed since.

Or govt has to come to an understanding that it is now possible for scooters and cars to be updated just the way Windows XP on their PC used to do.

5 Likes

if Ather somehow proves RTO that performance improvement made on new scooters is without any hardware change compared to older ones then its possible just like Tesla Model S paid track pakage which unlocks speed beyond 200mph which was introduced in May 2023 but the car was always capable of doing it just software limited

2 Likes

Did y’all see the new video they uploaded on the YouTube channel??? apparently three new scooters not one… also something about more torque, more power, more range…

1 Like

Nexon EV got more range and features like Re-Gen, Autohold via updates. RTO did not interfere.

3 Likes

Regen, autohold etc can be added, but things that affect riding like top speed, etc cannot be changed because it has been marked in the approval.

Unfortunately, RTO sees it the way ICE scooters work. So a lot of features are locked out.

5 Likes

Why ola have cruise control