Cruise control

I am pretty sure it wont be available for vehicles below Gen 3 because they mentioned something about roasting many motor controllers to test and especially for Gen 3.

With that saddening thought, I shall still hope and wait as they never fail to give surprises.

Loved the seat one to be precise…hoping for more… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

2021, the year it was posted.

Though not yet put into practise, I hope the public learns about it quickly.

Due to the 20 kilometres I drive on the highway every day, I miss this feature.

3 Likes

Still no updates on thiy

3 Likes

year isnt over yet but hope its around september after 450s launch

8 Likes

Wait and see

3 Likes

Cruise control is the need of the hour. Because everyone may not be too much bothered about the speed the vehicle is cruising, and it might attract unnecessary traffic chellans, violation tickets, to home.

6 Likes

If we get cruise control I think will get better range also

Still not get cruise control

You won’t get it either. Refer to yesterday’s QnA

3 Likes

Which Q/A?

2 Likes
2 Likes

But last community day event confirmed the cruise control and crawl control

Yesterday’s qna created some questions regarding the cruise control feature. Ather team said that cruise control will not be backward compatible because of hardware requirements. So this means gen 2 and older will not be getting it. But what about latest gen3.1 models? Does 3.1 will get it or not?

4 Likes

In yesterday’s qna the Ather team did not clearly answered about the cruise control and advance regen which most of the Ather owners are waiting for. They should have clearly answered which model will get these features. And if none of the current model’s including gen3.1 are compatible for cruise control then just let us all Ather owners know about this.

3 Likes

I think they meant current gen and they are limited by homologation for adding more features half baked but TATA hacked it so I pray Ather does too

8 Likes

They can easily make the ignition button work as the cruise control button… Just press the ignition switch while riding and the scooter continues to maintain the current speed

1 Like

currently holding ignition button is set to pickup calls and change songs,If they delayed holding switch for few more secs for old combos and keep single tap ignition for cruise which would be great with mode switch acting as speed control when cruise is engaged.

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on how important cruise control is to you? Apart from attracting fine on speeding, which you anyways shouldn’t be doing. I for one, don’t see a huge need for cruise control on a scooter, cos in city limits you’re always gonna need to brake very frequently, thanks to road conditions and traffic. On a highway, I understand you can cruise for a certain distance but that may not be a use-case for too many owners. I maybe wrong too. But still don’t see this feature as top priority for me atleast.

5 Likes

Its very much needed. My palm starts paining after a certain time and if i had cruise control i could simple put my hand on accelerator.

7 Likes

Cruise control works best when you are going on highways… which there aren’t a lot of in tier 2 cities but tier 1 cities have quite a few within the city too… it ensures u maintain a fixed speed and allows u to maintain better efficiency and prevent hand pain on long rides.

4 Likes