Charging without crowding

Ather is not charging for the time charging plug is connected to scooter but only for the time when fast charging is happening. So all these reasons are illogical. Also charging will stop and unlock automatically at 80% and charging will also stop when wallet balance is nill

2 Likes

Ye this is a recent change… but since scooter doesn’t indicate if it’s charging fast or slow, people will usually presume they’re paying for the time hence leave early.

Went to a Grid 2 weeks ago and a brand new 450x was charging past 85% with no cutoff…

Anyway, even if it did reliably unlock at 80% every single time, the charger would still be hogged up till 80% if not for the time based pricing🚀

3 Likes

If I charge till 80% I am hogging. If I charge I’ll 100% I was hogging.

Next year if Ather will make charge above 25% solw, then if I charge till 30% then I am also hogging.

There is nothing as such ideal usage of grid. Everyone is different their use case is different as well.

3 Likes

If you only need 10% more to reach home, then yes

There is man, you use it to top up just enough to reach home (or wherever you can use your charger to charge it), Grid is not a portable charger substitute!

1 Like

I feel that Ather might allow the grid location owners to set their own fee for charging points (within a certain ₹ range) once they get data/info that the grid points are not crowded at ₹1/min.

Horrible experience and too much high price based on the time and electricity we use

Recently I Changed my Ater 450X for 30mins 80% change has to be done but I have been charged 64rs and the app shows I have been charged 78mins How can it be possible?

This incident made me low and I have decided not to use Grid points as its too expensive.

Report it to cc

You can see the calculation says 78.05 x 1= ₹54.17. That is wrong. Report using the Help option in the same page go to Public CI and then select I was overcharged in the drop down menu. You’ll get the refund soon.

1 Like

In my experience with multiple grid points & a stopwatch 58% is where fast charger is no longer fast

strongly agreed

1 Like

It does slow down to 1%/ min post 60. However, after 66% it drastically drops further & the Estimated Time disappears as soon as the SOC crosses 66%.

4 Likes

Oh! I quit charging after 60% Were the charging speeds different before all of this pay per minute update? Never observed it closely since it was free then just a gut feeling that it was much faster a month ago.

Yea that charging speed was reduced with the 5.7 update. Earlier, it use to slow down from 76% i.e. 76-80% in 6-7 mins

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji As a new user who got my 450x few days back i am still wondering if i should charge at Grid decongesting the grid is a welcome move but pricing at 1rs/min + GST is an overkill.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun Ather Grid pricing should be reconsidered charged first time for 15 mins and got a bill of Rs 17.70 the overall battery topped up was just 11% so its not even charging at 1% per minute for quick top ups too.

1 Like

charging speed depends upon multiple factors like your soc, battery temp, outside temp, etc, so charging times won’t be the same evertime or anytime using fast chargers. Ather should charge on the basis of energy consumed rather than time spent on the dock. I assume what they are trying to do is discourage people using only fast chargers to charge up the vehicle all the time and leave the vehicle plugged in and go on a shopping spree.

Its fine to push away hoggers but this will also push genuine customers i dont think i will try charging again on grid untill its an emergency then how Ather plans to earn profit from charging infra if the usage goes drastically down. They need to come with a fair pricing or better based on enery used i can also think of charging based time but on SOC up to 30% at x rates 30-60% at y rate and further at z prices

1 Like

Charges should be based on % charge not as per the minute. Sometimes it will take much time even normal conditions like temperature/weather. And charger should be auto unlocked when 80% charged so that no one can leave their vehicle connected with charger.

You put prices as per minute. I understand that is you want more money from non-pro user because Ather with not a pro pack won’t support fast charging. So in this case you can do like this. With pro pack 1%=50paise Without pro pack 1%=1₹ @abhishek.balaji @tarun

It does unlock at 80%

1 Like

I don’t think this is true either