Charging without crowding

This plan of yours is completely useless. Your bikes are expensive and you are charging so much for charging. In that amount we can charge 2 to 3 times at home. This will reduce your customers and the market for EVs will be even smaller

That’s the point. Where possible charge at home. It’s good for your vehicle battery. It also reduces crowding

8 Likes

Does the charging/billing not stop when the scooter reaches 80%? I tried public charging twice and the time shown (the time I was charged for) was the time between me plugging it in and plugging it out.

I’m assuming it’d only be logical to stop charging at 80% and unlock the charger?

1 Like

Paid charging is very good move by Ather. I welcome this. I don’t know about other cities,but I am from Bengaluru and I know the problem facing near Ather grids from last one year. Too many scooters were in queue and the person who is charging is not letting anyone to charge untill he complete 80%. I will ride 80km up and down in a day and I need just 20% extra charge eveyday. But for that I have to wait more than 2 hours. Now its become very easy to charge. Almost all Ather grids are free now. I am charging my vehicle with peace by paying small bucks. ₹20 to ₹40 is not huge amount to pay everyday compare to ICE scooters.

11 Likes

This price is only for 2023 owners only other all free so crowd no less . I put charging at JP nagar at Bangalore it is not complet 80 but other person removed my charger and moved my bike and he put his bike so u people (Ather) enraged him.

Now Ather will cost same as a petrol vehicle and now I regret I should have bought ola

1 Like

Please add option to remove charger from Ather grid after completing 80%. Both the grid charger was occupied and Ather completed 80% charging. But the both owner was not available. Had to wait for 30+ mins for owner to arrive and remove charger. I faced issue in Ather space marathahalli. @abhishek.balaji . No use of charging without crowding if the issue like this persist. @tarun

3 Likes

Brosee if you charger is locked. And take the key with you

1 Like

Nope. With new policy in charging will cost less around 50 to 40 rupees

2 Likes

Few observations With the charging fee I started to nit pick what I was paying for

1. Peak rate of charging after 2 sessions is about 1.47% per min.
  2. Rate of charging slows around 60%
  3. I doubt if the cost of charging is getting accounted in the savings tracker
  4. Less Crowding
  5. Hassle free payment experience

Expecting improvements soon

3 Likes

So the fuel saving is not decreasing when you fast charge?

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @swapnil.iitm @tarun

They are only reimbursing for electricity bill as per my knowledge. Correct me If I am wrong…

Why is there warp mode? Why is there an advertisement to go to Nandi Hills as a weekend get away? You expect us to not perform intercity travels. What is the point of buying the vehicle at that premium price?

Love the performance of scooter and they have achieved great. I am requesting more charger, at least two at a place. When there is a charger that connects intercity, add a back-up charger. Provide extra details about the charger availability. The free give away of charging they didn’t do it for free, it was to boost sales. Well, it is also to encourage people to switch eco-friendly way of transport.

Charger can disconnect automatically based on the trip plans and intelligent suggestions when someone requests for top-up… Can keep tabs on a user charging behaviours and provide charging let go credits. When there is no one around when you are travelling to different places. Upon request, can add 0-100 at grids when there is no crowd.

Ather is charging us it’s fine, I appreciate it and for sustainable business they need to charge us. But not an outrageous amount. Eco-friendly Move, I appreciate it. Ather didn’t publicly say it was cheaper to ride compared to ICE, but the marketing manager certainly sold the bike, stating these things. About Ather not stating it, I am not sure about that though.

So please respect other consumers … I request you to make constructive feedbacks in the form to your fellow consumers …

4 Likes

I tried, it is more 10 – 20 ₹ more than what you expect. Charger downtime is not accounted for properly. Since I am not charged as of carnival plan. I wonder what others are going through… Needs to be fixed before going live.

1 Like

Ather grid on nandi top has been removed

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. But that may be because of the placement of the charger. I don’t know, but off-topic.

@swapnil.iitm @tarun @abhishek.balaji

Run an ad campaign that encourages presently charging users to connect the charger either to their left or right side, parked Ather. Well, I usually do this when there is a vehicle next to me. Make it official what to do and what not to do with your chargers. If there is already one suggest me a video…

If someone doesn’t want me to charge their vehicle for ruining thier batteries life sligthly then don’t park you vehicle next to me…

1 Like

So now we have to pay for parking and charging as well…

If i want a quick top up of 20km which would take around 20 minutes so now would have pay approx 25 for charging + 40 rs for parking. As most of the chargers are at paid parking location. So 20 mins would cost approx 65Rs.

I charged last night at the Fast Charger near the showroom. It took me around 12 mins to charge from 60-70% after which I stopped using it since 70+ takes a lot of time. The other session charged from 27-68% in around 40 mins. Atleast they should have informed that the charging speeds would reduce after 65%

3 Likes