Charging at Ather Grid

@Shreyas any plans to put a grid in BTM layout
Not sure if it’s already available

3 Likes

Quick update to the others on this thread, @Ather.Team got the “home charger” installed at our work place within a day or two of giving them the hard copy of the approval from our company. Amazing speed of execution and they have stood true to the promise made during the owners meetup. Kudos to @Ather.Team for this great initiative.

Now there’s even lesser range anxiety, as I can top up the bike at office where it’s parked all day!

15 Likes

I would like to request AtherGrid point at

Imperial Restaurant
35/11, Varthur Rd, Vaikuntam Layout, Lakshminarayana Pura, AECS Layout, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037
080 2847 5809
https://goo.gl/maps/xKK2ry1qc5YQ5xeb8

2 Likes

chennai be ready

just waiting for date ( hoping it is on weekend)

take a guess where is Experience Center

anyone from Chennai

6 Likes

As per the tweet from Ather, there are supposed to be 5 charging points in Chennai but only 4 are displayed on the app. Also, do you know where the experience center would be located? :open_mouth:

Somewhere in the news article i saw its coming near Wallace garden… But i see no charging points there…

Also in Ather grid app, Chennai charging points aren’t displayed when searched for Chennai

1 Like

Updated ather grid app and now i can see points in chennai

Update:
Checked all four mentioned points… Experience center is not in any of the displayed points… Think it’s in Wallace garden

#Audit #Bangalore #ParkSquareMall

AtherGrid Point : Park Square Mall, ITPL, Whitefield
Located at Upper Basement of the parking garage

Pro’s:

• 2 Fast Charger points.
  • Located adjacent to the UB lift lobby - almost like VIP parking!
  • Area is clearly marked and cordoned off so other non-ev vehicles do not encroach the space
  • Parking & Security staff aware of its locations and very happy to guide me to the spot

Cons:

• Charged a parking fee (Rs 20 for 2hours) - not a big deal, but i shouldn’t have to pay an access fee when i am already paying for a Ather One subscription (next year onwards)
  • Accessible only during mall working hours.

13 Likes

This begs another question. Leave alone charging points how many malls in Bangalore are providing free parking to EV?

2 Likes

#Audit #Bangalore #ForumShantiniketan

AtherGrid point : Car parking ramp at Lower Ground car parking entry

Pros:

• Clearly marked and cordoned off area to accommodate 2 EV’s.
  • Adjacent to LG lift lobby - VIP parking!.
  • well-maintained. No trash or junk lying around at the spot.
  • Staff awareness is good and will guide you to the spot.
  • NO PARKING FEES!. I was not charged 1 paisa for parking there to charge the bike.

Cons:

• Signage needs to improve. Maybe update the exact location (LG Car Parking) in the app. I made a mistake of assuming it would be at the bike parking area only to be told it’s near the car parking entry. Had to do a round trip darshan of the mall to enter the car parking again.

19 Likes

Very fancy looking! Makes for good Instagram pictures😂

3 Likes

Forgot! Let me put this up on insta :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I had to use the AtherGrid point today, but when I went there, saw another bike already being charged with no sign of the owner.

I had no way to contact the owner of that bike, nor did I want to keep waiting, so I went and got these slips printed and left it on the bike being charged.

Thankfully it did not fly away and the owner kindly put my bike on charge when his was done (I can see my bike charging via the Ather app). Thanks to the person!

21 Likes

even otherwise he must have put your flight on charge

may be…

@Ather.Team please have some way to notify on the app about another flight waiting for charge

till then let’s (owners) have a code then

if someone see another flight when you are done with charge let’s plug it in before we leave

forum would have been ideal but not everyone is on the forum
so, need to find a way

8 Likes

Proposed solution:

When owner puts the bike on charge, the screen displays the following when someone touches the screen.

A. Owners phone number (subject to owner agreeing to have it display)

"Charging (status indication)

Owner can be reached at: [mobile number]"

B:
"Charging (status indication)

Scan this QR code on my Ather App if you’d like to notify the owner that you are waiting to charge your bike next"

6 Likes

good one

also may be an option to send notification to owner (on Dashboard) - contact number will be ideal - but not sure how many will opt for it

2 Likes

That was me…:grinning:
Sharing is happiness :blush:

15 Likes

Good wishes to you sir!!:smile::smile::smile:

Thanks George - we now have 4 individual Ather owners in IBC Knowledge park (besides the company (Ather) itself and their employees!). Small world indeed - but hopefully soon to be much bigger.

PS: I got your note back - and have saved your # now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How many charging stations are there in Bengaluru at this moment?