Charging at Ather Grid

Still waiting for 2 things Tarun. After 3 years. Bangalore- Nandi (doable on Gen2) and barely on old athers) And Bangalore-Mysore. I remember you saying that it’ll be done soon, years ago :joy:

1 Like

Hello im planning to go to nandi hills from hbr 4th block and wanted to know what is the best route to go by and how many times to charge and which grid will be open… if it is already posted can somebody direct me to the post.

What time are you leaving?

1 Like

It’s just 60kms right??..Is the hill too inclined? or else you can reach there by 1 charge if you ride in Ride mode…We go weekly rides to Attapadi from Saibaba Colony it ranges around 58kms and we reach there by 1 charge riding in Ride mode with avg efficiency below 32Wh/Km…Maybe if the hill is too inclined then you have to charge the vehicle to climb up…

2 Likes

Mostly by 5am to reach there by 630 am

Yes it is inclined and also pillion is there . And its a group ride so i wont be able to hypermill so needed a small guidance on what places are best to stop and charge at the grid …

1 Like

Ohh!!Fine then :+1::blush:

1 Like

Since your leaving at morning 5 AM both Acre Bengaluru and Decathlon charger will not be available. You can still charge at Sai menaka but that’s not gonna work. By the way which day are you going? Today? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Am planning to go by the middle of this month since it is a group ride i was deciding if it is possible to charge at grid and do full trip …

2 Likes

Yeah Sure :zap:

1 Like

You cannot do entire trip after charging at only 1 grid. You need to charge atleast 2 times. I also went with a pillion to nandi hills and since i went for the first time i didn’t wanted to let go of the joy so i rode the entire incline with full throttle’s in warp mode and the charge degraded veryyyy fast, i don’t remember exactly but it went from 50% to 25% just for 5-6kms but while coming back 99% i used regen and when only its necessary i used throttle but even after using that much regen it only gave back 4-5% of charge and while coming back i took it so so slow but still the range was dropping 3km for every 2km.

Now coming to your ride. According to me, leave your home at 4 AM reach Sai menaka charger in yelahanka around 4 30 and you need to charge for atleast 98% to 99% because by the time it reaches 100% the sun will rise :sweat_smile:. As per calculation’s it takes ~85km from sai menaka charger to nandi hills and from nandi hills to Decathlon Anubhava. So you need to be careful and take it slow and make sure that you are getting 1km range for every 1km or else you would end up making 0 before reaching the grid while coming back. Most importantly you are going with a pillion so don’t warp it out in the incline and make sure that you use regen almost all the time while coming down. When you come down the hill you should have atleast 40% charge to reach Decathlon Anubhava grid and at Decathlon you can charge as per you need ( A good practice is, if the destination is 40km’s you should charge 50km’s because you don’t know what would be ahead, there may be some construction going on by which you should take a detour )

This was my calculation but you can still decide to charge at any local shops if they agree by carrying your portable charger and you enjoy those inclines in warp mode. You can also use the bolt charger which is located in Devanahalli

It shows 4 points in that 4 atleast 1 will be available and you can top up just to reach Decathlon.

Since it is a group ride i know that some will say that “how many times will you charge and why are you coming too slow, ride fast or else it will get late” but you don’t worry much just keep smiling :smiley: and enjoy the whheeeeeeeeeeeeeee ride. Just think that to go to nandi hills and come back it just takes 30 Rupees, maximum 40. In a petrol vehicle it will take minimum 200 where you will save 150 Rupees in Ather and you can fill your stomach for afternoon lunch in that amount :yum:.

Your’s is 450x right? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wow thank you so much for such detailed guide. This will help me a lot thanks😁

Yes mine is 1year old 450x…

2 Likes

Ather owners Is there any etiquette in public charging points when there are multiple athers waiting for a point? I recently stopped at Phoenix marketcity chennai and someone was already charging their Ather, so I parked nearby and left. When I returned after few hours, their bike was fully charged and mine was plugged in. I removed and plugged into the next one as a courtesy. But is this how generally we are expected to do? Or is it done by the mall maintenance people?

6 Likes

The mall and the grid has no relationship…In fact there is no relation between the grid and shop/ something like a commercial…They have given a place for Ather to place their grid,they can’t control or operate the grid,only Ather does it…The person who left earlier would have plugged in the charger…

4 Likes

Hi @tarun @abhishek.balaji There is limited charging grid in Bangalore south especially in banakshari till RR nagar . The main issue is 3 of the most visited place chargers are not working

1. Jp nagar Ather eco space 2nd charger not working
  2. Go native Jayanagar charger not working
  3. Futura yediur charger not working

Hope you fix this ASAP as there is most people who visit there

2 Likes

Finally it’s done :partying_face:. Now Nandi hills ride will be very mich easier.

They have added a grid in Malvalli but using that grid and traveling to Mysore will be a very long journey. Atleast one grid at Bidadi, Ramanagara, Maddur or Mandya will get the job done from Bangalore to Mysore.

Also once Ather said it’s a scooter for city commute so the grids will be installed in the city limits but i think that’s no longer true.

Just see the amount of grids in the south region they have been spreaded all over the map. The grids are connecting two states, even Pune and Mumbai are connected with so many grids.

Even the installation of fast charger’s are increasing rapidly in the city, they have already added 2 more points recently.

I have never seen 2 grids this much closer.

Speaking about Karnataka after Bangalore and Mysore. Hassan, Hubli and Belagavi also have Ather Experience center’s now which means Charging grids expanding at all that cities.

5 Likes

Tell Them I am coming !!! @chethanchandrashekar

2 Likes

Looks like it’s not just 1. Damn. Impressed!!

5 Likes

Thanks @tarun there is stability in working conditions of these chargers as well nowdays. Mumbai chargers have started increasing now, even the service station credibility has also improved. Thank you. Looking forward to see you on 7 Jan 2023

5 Likes

Can I charge my Ather with Bolt 3.3kW charger using Ather portable charger kit every day? anybody using this…please suggest your pros and cons. Currently I am using this bolt 3.3kW charger for my Tata Nexon EV in my apartment complex and association charges 25Rs per hour. This bolt 3.3 kW delivers approx. 2.5kW to 3 kW per hour. So is it safe to charge with bolt charger to my Ather.

2 Likes