Charging at Ather Grid

Plz install Ather grid in vijayanagar Bangalore as it is very hectic when there is no grid available in my area.

First of all I want to mention plz don’t mind me being harsh in this post.

Today I saw this Mind less and sense less abuser of Athers property which is intended to be used by public.

I am at Go native Public charging station today and I plugged in my vehicle. At the same time two users came at almost same time one after other and since I am charging they waited. I need a charge till 55 to 60% and I am at 13% charge when I plugged in. So as it reached I came and removed my vehicle charging and handed it over to the guy who reached first.

Now this guy is this mindless fellow. He intentionally damaged the lock of the charger handle so that it won’t lock. The other guy who is also waiting had a little argue with him stating why are you damaging already lot of chargers are getting damaged because of this behaviour. It is a security feature.

This mind less fellow argued that if it locks we cannot remove the charger if I have urgency then how and every one are leaving their vehicles to charge and going here and there.

The other guy left eventually because of all this nonsense and understood even if he remove and charge after some time it will be again removed.

This fool after doing the damage he started charging and contrary to his arguments he went away by keeping his vehicle on charge.

I request every one please behav and have some sense.

By seeing his argument with fellow owner I did not want any argument with him so I left any ways but took a picture of his vehicle and wanted to post it here.

I wish this type of guys must be charged for damaging someone’s property.(I know not possible to find these guys but a wish). First of all we don’t have any right on this property it is being provided for free and they are incurring lot of damages because of this type of guys. Who gave you the right for this.

17 Likes

Ather should lodge a complaint against this guy or make him pay for the losses or maybe better ban him / blacklist his vehicle form the charging network.

3 Likes

That won’t be possible but the former can be done actually, but this post is not intended to target him. Rather to highlight the senseless behaviour of some people.

As I highlighted they can take some action against him. but how many owners can Ather control not doing this or act little harsh on them. That is not a practcal approch.

1 Like

@stevekoshydaniel2 this was the reason property damage. But think it in this way

We are in a real need of charge and we plugged it in but some one comes to charge and since it is not locked he will remove and plug into his vehicle. The entire thought of security is gone now, there is no way to secure it. And the main thing is are we ok if some one damage our own property…!!!

2 Likes

@tarun @abhishek.balaji . Is it possible to BAN such owners from grid points indefinitely? The charging points anyway authenticate the vehicle, can’t Ather block access to such owners?

8 Likes

Sigh. No, won’t want to do that, yet. A few changes will come through which should reduce some of this angst - cutting charging automatically for example. Also more chargers.

Blocking would be the absolute last resort.

15 Likes

I agree. Maybe just charge them for damages.

Blocking only if they are unruly to other owners, host or do this repeatedly.

1 Like

Yes damage should be charged. Blocking is not a immidiate answer IMO. But the real.proboem Ather facing is who is going to report these incidents or who did this. It is not a matter of 1 charger.

In my knowledge JP Nagar charger is damaged atleast 6 times in past 2-3 months. Every time they had to change the entire cable.

3 Likes

More chargers with more than 1 point will help …! And with longer range 450X Gen 3, charging stops will be less frequent.

1 Like

Ather should block his vehicle from all grids… they can do it based on the number and WIN number

If one person gets blocked another person will replace and so on. To reduce this complety Ather needs to start charging some amount for these charging

Every Grid here in Chennai has the same problem, People who ride throughout the day and when they go for the charger, if it’s occupied, they forcibly remove the handle damaging not only the handle but the port as well. They should redesign the handle. They should update the protocols to " If the charger is on and scooter key is not turned on to remove the charger should not work in the other scooter, But given the condition that 100% is not in effect or the new Ather lab which say at what percentage the charging stops at the grid. "

This will make the damage to a minimum as people will understand even if they remove the connector the charger will not work on them but the downside is if the person left and has set it to charge to 100% nothing will matter till it charges to full.

install a camera so that their actions will be recorded this will restrict to some extent. also those who will fail to remove the charger after it is fully charged can also be identified .

2 Likes

had charged at Ather grid bescom kr circle few days back and there were two grid 2.0 together . was charging my scooter while another one was charging and the speed of charging was slower than how it was with grid 1.0 single one . is it because both are connected together that charging was slow or is that the normal speed. ex- normal Ather grid - 30-80% only 35 min grid 2.0 30-80% 50 min

2 Likes

Tried using an Ather Grid Point in Chennai today for my Ola S1 Pro. I was happy to wait at the point as it charges so that I can unplug it for any Ather owner that drops by but unfortunately, I just couldn’t get it to charge. This is the first time ever that I’m trying Ather’s Grid and I was just getting the below error message, pic attached.

Can anyone let me know what went wrong? I did have enough charge to just go home but wanted to top up for 30 mins and also get rest for a while as it was blazing hot today. Reached home at 5% remaining in Eco mode (approx 6 Km range indicated).

2 Likes

Bro try another grid that grid was having some issues I think as on our Ather grid also it happens in the early stage when grid was installed new

1 Like

Any idea why the only grid which is in Bangalore Koramangala area “NMR Enclave” vanished from the grid map suddenly from today afternoon . Now the closest grid is 5km away somewhere in HSR :frowning:

1 Like

Will check another one and update.

1 Like

Tried another in on the outskirts of chennai. This was the 2nd Gen Grid as well. Got the same error message again. Tried it with another device as well but no use. Can any one else shed some light on this?

1 Like