Charging at Ather Grid

Alright, Ather Thane pop up store is gone now. :pensive::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yes bro, the Pop up store at Thane is gone now, it was a good place actually, on enquiring they said that the grid might come up somewhere at Theen hath naka and they were closing it due to not having enough sales to sustain itseems, didn’t understand how when Ather is posting YOY Increased sales :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

True. I kinda didn’t care about the store. I still believe selling online is better option and have experience centres rather than dealers. The grid’s location was really good though.

2 Likes

Ather grid at havmor adyar isn’t working it is connected and locked but doesn’t indicate charging @abhishek.balaji kindly check on this

4 Likes

I am here to report the improper working of the Ather Grids in Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh

Regardless of how many times we complain the grids are either purposefully stopped from current supply or somehow get Damaged

3 Likes

Hey Ather you really need to improve your charging infrastructure, ever time when i go to Ather grid somebody else is using it or else it’s not in working condition, and the main problem is there are only one charging point available so I have to waste my time wandering around until the person who is using stops, at least add two or three charging points in a single place… And there is one more problem that they are only open at given timings , at least make it 24*7 available, at sometimes i come home really late from my work around 2 - 3 am and all Ather grids are closed at that time, what am I supposed to do if it gets discharged at night?? Please do something about it…

6 Likes

Charge at home using your Dot/Portable charger? Its the better, safer way of charging your scooter anyways. Grid points are mostly run via hosts, and if they have operational hours, so will the Grid.

5 Likes

Yes, i mostly use home charger, but sometimes when i have to go somewhere from my office i need to use Ather grid, but every time when i go to there, its either in not working condition or someone else is using it…

And someone is using it that’s not the problem, the problem is there is only one charging point available at least they should provide two-three charging points… And as per the vehicle demand they aren’t providing enough charging points…

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Ather should do come up with something different on public charger lock , almost every public charger locks are breaked so that it can easily be removed and plugged into their vehicle. I have faced this issue many times And got stuck due to low charge level. The main problem starts when Ather starts to charge for charging , we pay for the charge and some other person takes benefit of it by unplugging the charger from our vehicle and plugging to their

2 Likes

This shouldn’t really be happening. The scooter once plugged on Grid should engage the solenoid lock and the plug shouldn’t come off, unless key is inserted. Have you raised this issue from your app? That would help the team fix it, if its an issue.

Also, just to confirm, have you tried reinserting the plug firmly? Sometimes loosely connected charger doesn’t engage the solenoid lock, hence can be removed. Try it next time, and let us know.

3 Likes

There are broken tabs on the connector itself, look at this picture, the connector has broken tab from past 6 months, I have mailed to CC many times requesting them to replace the connector and they replied they don’t have stock and cannot replace it for atleast next 4 months, absurd!!! if someone leave the scooter for charging and someone disconnects it, scooter will left uncharged, cannot fight with fellow rider cannot fight with the host either.

Once if payment system engages i hope they lock it with vehicle id and even if someone disconnect they won’t be able to charge their scooter unless it can be stopped on the app. I hope they engage this protocol.

9 Likes

[Bengaluru] Hi @abhishek.balaji and other fellow members, I live in Sarjapur Road, nearby Carmelaram station. When I look at the available charging stations, I get 2 points as shown in the attached screenshot:

1. Chai Point in Bellandur
  2. Haralur Road

Both the points are closed for a long time. The only available next point is in HSR, which is 14 kms away from my place and also counterproductive in charging as it takes 28 kms of my charge. My Question: Is there any ETA when these charging points will get working again!? If no, can we have another charging point installed in this location!?

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Any plans to set up Ather grid in Thane? The one that was removed was extremely important for a lot of us travelling towards Thane or beyond.

Thane new store and charging coming up at Manpada

3 Likes

Even I travel along these routes i was excited when chai point Bellandur grid point opened but alas chai point nor Ather energy took permission from the owner of the comercial complex to install the charger so they turned it off. I would love to see a grid point in decathlon Sarjapur road or anywhere in between varthur-carmelaram road

6 Likes

Sarjapur Decathlon sounds good place to have one… i agree

3 Likes

Hi Team,

Is there a possibility to charge my Ather at 3rd party charging stations like Tata power charging station ? If yes then how ? else any reason for not allowing it to charge at 3rd party charging stations ?

1 Like

See excerpt from the FAQ

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji please develop a feature where the Ather grid charger gets unlocked after the vehicle is fully charged at the Ather grid because most of the time owners put their vehicle for charging at Ather grid and goes somewhere else and doesn’t come back on time. This creates a bit of frustration for the others who are waiting for their turn. If the charger gets unlocked after full charge others can atleast charge their vehicle without waiting for the owner to come.

2 Likes

This feature is already available in the grid.

Did you try removing the charger after 100%?

3 Likes