Charging at Ather Grid

Fast charging issue on every grid need to reboot or unplug charger. Need see for few minutes before leaving the scooter in charging weather fast charging is enabled.

1 Like

Yes facing now frequently in almost all grids, first itā€™s start charging in normal & we need to turn ON the key then Turn it OFF. Then only it start shows FAST.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji kindly check this issue and update asap i hope this is global issueā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Has any other Grid 2.0 charger ever been spotted, Itā€™s been more that 1 year and no additional chargers are have been installed in Chennai. So only 1 charger got installed in Bengaluru?

3 Likes

Now charge your EV using existing electricity connection, centre issues new guidelines (msn.com)

charging grids at non commercial spaces been approved by the government, maybe now we can have a fast charger installed at our homes?

3 Likes

Actually even earlier nothing prevented you from having a fast charger at your home. If your sanctioned power load was high enough and if you were ready to spend on the fast charger, you could buy it. Fast charging every day is not recommended and the Ather Grid charger costed a bomb! The Ather Grid 2.0 is significantly cheaper so you could install it. But still it is not good for battery longevity if used for everyday charging

9 Likes

Has anyone used the fast charger by Ather in CP? It wasnā€™t working for me. Is there a list of fast chargers in Delhi?

1 Like

Should be listed on the Ather app, in Find a Charger tab.

2 Likes

I too face this same problem . I thought am not connect the handle properly so I remove and replug the charger twise to get ā€œFASTā€ indication.

5 Likes

Today was the 1st time i am charging in Ather Gridā€¦ Really Happy. There is no issue in itā€¦ i had a hassle free Charging :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Best that Ather offers. Its one my favorite thing about Ather. a longer range model with more stable software experience & the growing Grid, they will have something mind blowingā€¦! :heart:

4 Likes

Is erode do able from there by maintaining 60kmph on the highway ?

2 Likes

i travelled 2 times from coimbatore to erode bro 1st time i travelled alone - i could get around 128KM ( Travelled between the speed of 37 to 44 km/hr) 2nd time i travelled with 1+1 - i could get around 89KM ( Travelled between the speed of 40 to 44km/hr)

5 Likes

Hi everyone so I donā€™t know if this has already been discussed

Today I connected my vehicle to a public charger and I was away for 5 minutes and someone else has removed the charger and connected it to their vehicle. this is because the Ather Grid Charger Is broken and does not lock into the Vehicle. when I asked the Other owner he said I already have more charge than him so he just removed it. This is a Major concern for me because of the following reason

1. This is bad for the vehicle as it was discussed in one of the Owners meetings that Pulling the Plug from the vehicle from charging will cause issues to the vehicle, and as I saw my vehicle was still on standby and indicated as charging even after the plug was unethically removed by another Ather owner.

2. What if the public charging is a paid feature? in the future, I would have paid for the Charging of my vehicle and in just 5 min someone just pulled the plug what happens?. I would have manually selected 20 minutes charging from the Ather Grid App and someone just comes and unplugs and connects to their vehicle? I will end up paying for them then, isnā€™t it.

Can anyone comment on this please @abhishek.balaji @arvind_nair @tarun

9 Likes

Hey Ismail, not sure how the charger could be unplugged without the key, unless :

• The scooter had not started charging, and was still initializing?
  • You did not insert the charging plug all the way in, and the solenoid lock never got locked (has happened with me, and someone did take my charging plug out in my bldg)

Ideally the charger can only come off, if your scooter was fully charged.

About this, canā€™t be certain till they decide to start charging for Grid use. But, I presume, if you havenā€™t utilized the charging period, you could raise a ticket and claim a refund, and the team can check on the charging session being cut off earlier than your selected period. Just my guess.

1 Like

Hello sir @TheHairMonster Appreciate your reply The charging was fine up and running the reason the charger was pulled out was because of only one reason. The front portion of the charger is broken in many places through the Ather charging grid locations which makes it easy to be pulled out and when they do pull out out the vehicle all remains turned on and shows on the screen as chargingā€¦!!! Instead of not charging This is exactly what was worrying :worried: me. That it will spoil the vehicle Please view the image attached

@TheHairMonster

2 Likes

Ah! The connector is damaged, and doesnā€™t lock in! Makes sense now. Have you raised a ticket regarding this? Can you please do so, if you havenā€™t, then the team can get it looked at! Thanks!

2 Likes

Worst experience ā€” As Mysuru got Ather Grid only in 2 location and worst part is Ather Grid is not working in Ather Space experience centre. #Athergrid #Ather450x #Mysuru #AtherSpace

3 Likes

Nowa days people have started using the public fast chargers as their daily charging stationsā€¦ These public chargers are for people who who just need 10 or 20kms for them to reach home but few people who are charging with these fast chargers like till 100% daily or often, for their next day of useā€¦ This should be changed. only reason if they couldnā€™t installl a charger in their house they use these chargers for their daily needsā€¦ Then what will the really needy ppl will do? @tarun @Abishek They are not even considering to let others just to charge for 15 mins and then continue with their Atherā€¦ Ather team should definitely look into this and have some control over these kind of issuesā€¦ May be just bcz its free they might be taking it for grant

4 Likes

Hi Why donā€™t we get Ather grid for personally for home . I never heard on this but I saw one of the grid installed in home near hoskerahalli and i asked him is it pubilc or private they told its only for their use and not for public.

I am also ready to pay the amount for grid why not fast charge for all . You can fix the same in my house also so i am also ready to pay when its going to fast charge my bike .

@abhishek.balaji @rajkumar.mishra2010

3 Likes