Charging at Ather Grid

Except Mumbai, all other places where there is a fast charging grid. Is there any parking fees associated? Or it is mostly free? PS. talking only about the Parking fees and not the charging subscription. Some Places in Mumbai where there are grids, there is a minimum parking fees of rs 10 and max 30(till I am aware of). I went yesterday to a grid(WAS THE FIRST ONE TO EXPLORE THAT GRID). They charged 30rs which seemed fair to me now, I wonder what happens when Ather charge too, Parking + ather charges. Just wanted to know in other states it is mostly parking free or you all pay for parking charges.

Yes, few places in bnagalore. Where the grid is inside a mall. CafĂ©s don’t charge. Malls can charge upto 70-80 rupees sometimes :person_facepalming::person_facepalming: I wish when Ather starts making us pay to charge the reimburse us for the parking :sweat_smile: don’t think they will but well :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Is their any way to identify location of latest version grid installed. Looks like latest one charges 1.5km per minute for 450x but app doesn’t show if i am charging at older or newer one.

Hi friends while charging in ather grid in dashboard it’s shows intializing but not charging this happening ???

Yes. It works I recently went to a point and the vehicle there was 100% charged. I pulled the plug out and put it in my vehicle.

1 Like

Little strange. For better clarity what are those grid station names? Hope you have reported this issue to Customer Service.

sneak peek into the future :star_struck:

9 Likes

Nice! Location
?

forum Shantiniketan

1 Like

From 2 years ago!. Same place, same bike, better car :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can anyone please update the superfast charging station supported for 450x because I tried some 5-6 charging stations in that go native grid charged my ather at a speed of 15km in 10min but the other grids charged only at 10km in 10min

Chennai is freezing in April

1 Like

Highly unreliable. Recently took off to office without realising it wasn’t charged for the day’s ride. I need min 40km range for a to and fro. However after 6km realised I had only 28km in economy. Dragged myself to office in eco, hoping to charge on the way back at Orion mall. But alas, with only 4km left and the charger though working and connected to supply was not charging the vehicle. Connected - initialising - something went wrong, and finally not detecting the vehicle at all. Especially there are 2 chargers at Orion mall, and the other had an another ather being charged, and though it was 100% charged, could not remove the connection from it. Plus had to pay parking fee of 30 rs. Customer care does not work beyond 8pm. Don’t understand why to build over-intelligence in a petty charger. Things need to be simple.

1 Like

Ah, nexon is actually much better isn’t it ? With the range and charging standard. Unlike e2o

From a larger perspective, in terms of the driving experience and interiors, the Nexon is hands down a better car. Mahindra really dropped the ball in their EV business.

1 Like

I guess 2 scooters can’t be charged from a single grid location even if there are 2 points (as per CC, only 1 vehicle can be charged as the vehicles dont have onboard charger like on the Gen 1 450)

Single grid charger? No but from 2 grid points at one location, you can. Ather space has like 3 or 4 and all of them work independently.

the chargers at Ather space work like that but i have tried at the grid at electronic City with another Ather being charged, mine wouldn’t charge.

later, I have visited the same grid point with my friend who has 1st gen 450 with onboard charger, mine was charging fast but his was charging slow(but charging)

Hi

Need suggestion from long riders and grid users.

I need to go to Hosur for next 6 months (once a week). My home is near Marathahalli Bridge. I have portable charger with me.

Below route takes approximately 115 kms + buffer of 5 km means 120 kms for a round-trip.

Marathahalli Bridge -> Electronic City Grid -> Hosur -> Travel in Hosur ~15 kms -> Electronic City Charging Grid -> Marathahalli Bridge

Can you suggest route & charging place? I don’t want to charge more than 80% because it will take lot of time.

Any public places like petrol pump or restaurant who allow charging? Does Ather Hosur plant have a fast charger which can be used? How reliable is Electronic City charging grid?

Note: I want to use Portable charger only as a backup as that is slow and not reliable in unknown places (Tried in 2 of my friends home in Varthur and Panathur
 did not charge)

1 Like

Apparently not for public use. And it’s quite far away from Hosur city as such (19Km from Hosur).
You’re better off taking a trip to Hosur (with100%) and search for a charging point with your Ather and your charger and maybe a grounding kit or borrow a version 2.0 portable charger which will work almost anywhere unlike our old chargers at the cost of slower charging.
If you charge to 100% at electronic city. You can do the whole trip in one go. If you ride at 35-40kmph. If you want to do it from 85% then you’d have to ride at 30kmph I think. @Abhishek can help you with this. He did a round trip from the electronic city charger to the Ather plant
Ideal would be to find a place to charge in Hosur

1 Like