Charging at Ather Grid

@kumar.uppaluri2

Yes. 450x has that feature out of the factory so he should be able to pull out charger at 6pm as it would have reached 100% approx

Yes it did not @kumar.uppaluri2 @HarshaVardhan

May be it was in trickle charge mode even though it showed 100%. Usually in home charger it’ll take 20 minutes more for charger to turn off even if dashboard shows 100%. May be Ather team can comfirm about this.

1 Like

I will do one thing . I will bring an electrician to fix the issue. No point of reporting any issue here and through the customer care service. Reported couple of times with customer care support. I can charge in the other grid but I have reported this in common. @abhishek.balaji

Hey ather team, … any list of which chargers have been upgraded to the new superfast charging that is supported by the 450X … so far I have tried 3 and none of them have it … all grids charge my scooter at the rate of approx 10.5 km per 10 mins

Increase number of charging stations especially in north Bangalore Vidyaranyapura and ms Palya area and Jayanagar area

Hi @team.ather @atherspace.bglr @abhishek.balaji so now we are in mid January and the free charging at ather grid is till March 2021. So any updates coming on this regard any soon. We don’t want to wait until last moment to hear any surprise charges. Want to be prepared.

2 Likes

No update we can share right now, but yes we’ll keep you folks informed well in advance of any changes.

These Grid points have been upgraded to support faster charging at Ather Grid locations:

1. Infinitea
  2. Patel’s Inn
  3. Cross Roads Inn
  4. Khelo Badminton
  5. Fab Cafe
  6. Go Native
  7. 1522
  8. Sangeetha Mobiles
  9. Agon Sports
  10. Smarttron Automations
  11. BeAnimal Hostel

Also, the charging rate depends on your current charge level as well. The rate at which batteries can safely charge up depends on the current charge level, ambient temperature, and a few other factors. You’re more likely to see higher charging rates at lower charge levels than higher ones. This is also why your home/portable charger charges up the scooter quicker from 0-80%, compared to 80% to 100%.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather in Kochi

Is this koramangala BeAnimal!!

Any one used this Ather grid point at BeAnimal Koramangala. Where is this exactly I failed to find the exact location. Can someone help me out with correct location.

Update: finally found it but it is inside gate which is closed & the charger also going red and then green and red again and again. Unfortunately I didn’t carry my phone to take a picture.

1 Like

Looks like the grid point at 10. Smarttron Automations in HSR Layout has been switched off for some time. @abhishek.balaji kindly look into this.

Please raise it as a ticket via the app. Faster resolution that way. Just posting what Abhishek is likely to post as well🙂

4 Likes

Hey guys, Can the charger be removed from the charging point after 100% with out the key. I ask this because I had kept my ather 450plus for charge at the Indiranagar ather grid next to the store and walked back home. When I went back to pick it up someone had removed my charger and placed it back on the holder. Does it unlock after 100% , I am a little worried if it doesn’t unlock and people force pull out the charger it would damage the vehicle. I am assuming someone check the charge saw it was 100% and pulled it out and places it back on the ather grid holder.

New update is here to unlock at 100% to prevent hogging of the charger. Once 100%, charger unlocks. Works on X and + as of now.

5 Likes

Haha, charge thirsty good samaritans on the grid sharing thread are worried about grid supercharger points getting hogged and pushing their scooty home, and here we have someone whose home is a walk’s distance away, and is more worried about his scooty port getting damaged even after letting it sit there after reaching 100% charge. I really wonder what sort of emergency you had there man.

4 Likes

Please don’t take over the point, just cus it’s free doesn’t mean you have to abuse it.

3 Likes

Ah, how can we conclude so fast that it’s abuse? Maybe the poor dude was in a hurry to go someplace important and forgot to charge his scooty at home?

Ya I needed to charge it quick, how is it abuse ? It was not used and it’s close to home(that’s an advantage I have). And it’s a genuine worry of damage guys I dont mind people pulling out the charge as long as it doesn’t damage the vehicle.

Btw I let it sit there just 15 minutes out. Not hours together. Jeez didn’t think people would get toxic here, if it doesn’t damage the port o am fine with it.

5 Likes

Let’s take it easy folks. Not everyone is aware of queuing problems at Ather Grid points.

@konerirajb please take care when using fast charging grids and ensure you’re around when the session is on. This is to ensure that owners who have a more critical need can charge up.

7 Likes