1 Like

The wear indicators on our Ather scooter tyres are here

5 Likes

In exchange of my one week old stock tyre i had to pay 1700 extra

Near my home Basaweshwaranagar … Yes he had arranged for change

2 Likes

I paid 1400 to for Michelin city pro 90/90

1 Like

For both the tyres after exchange of old tyres ?

1 Like

No for 1. I didn’t give stock tyre.

1 Like

Insane!!! Its a New vehicle, just a month old, the first puncher and it ruined my tyre. I had to change my rear wheel tyre which had driven less than 1000 kms, all because of a nail. yes, that’s right. I picked up a puncher on a sunday evening and I only noticed it the next morning on the way to office. I got the nail removed with lot of difficulty and the hole plugged. To my surprise and it will surprise you too by just looking at the thing that pierced the rear tyre.

I was disgusted to see my tyre flat again in the parking lot when I was about to leave office in the evening. I rushed to the same tyre shop where I got it fixed in the morning. After 30 minutes of struggle, lifting and tilting Ather on its side and carefully checking all around the tyre we found another hole which was caused by the same nail :frowning: . After finding out the cause I certainly knew it could not be fixed and the puncher guy also said its impossible to fix this. The nail had traveled all the way and pierced the side wall of the tyre just next to the rim.

Called up customer care, reported the incident, sent them pictures, but they arranged for pick up the next day to analyze it :grimacing: . I filled up air and reached home as quickly as possible before it flattened out. Vehicle was towed the next day and customer care calls up in the evening to tell me they cant fix the puncher as its in the side wall and the tyre needs to be replaced.

Billed around Rs. 2200 for a single tyre. WOW!!! its pricey. All they could do is to replace the tyre. why not Ather just convert the tubeless tyre to a tube tyre? just by adding a tube would have been a quick fix and economical. I agree that Ather does not recommend it. But they should have it has a quick fix option for atleast brand new tyres :grimacing: . Checked with insurace and they did not cover the tyres, as it was under a special rider that I did not opt for. Now have brand new rear tyre and I have kept the old tyre for future use :innocent:

That’s a sad experience. But a pucture and tyre change has no relation to age of the vehicle. It’s just a case of bad luck! It can happen on the first day itself!

If only the 450 had a centre stand! I have lost count of how many times I’ve told this till now.

Really sad. A sidewall puncture is the worst thing that can happen to a tubeless tyre.

Nice to know that even in this situation, your vehicle was picked up and serviced.

₹2200 is too much for a tyre that costs around half of that in the market. Hope the billing was not done for 2 tyres by mistake. If all tyre shops were open, it would’ve been better for you to get it there instead of sending it to Ather. But now since no shops are open, I don’t think you had any option.

Hope you were not serious here. It’s sad to hear that you had to change the tyre so early but a tubeless tyre is far more advantageous than a tube type tyre when it comes to performance, safety and maintenance. It’s not without a reason that almost all vehicles now come with tubeless tyres

Tyres generally are classified as a wear and tear part and don’t get insurance coverage. But like you told the special rider (it’s called collision cover or something like that I guess) will cover the cost. But even sith that cover, with the compulsory deductible and the NCB that will be lost, a claim for just a tyre replacement (even with the ₹2200 price tag) doesn’t make financial sense.

3 Likes

Its like Deja Vu :grimacing: I experienced a similar situation when I got my wife a new Activa and in the very first week a nail ruined my tyre and thankfully, I converted the tubless tyre to a Tube tyre. But I totally agree with you that, the handling and ride comfort of a tubless tyre is better than a tube tyre. You cant just discard a brand new tyre is it?

But my bad luck ! and the story of my Brand new tyre getting damaged goes on. Now it was the turn of my car’s tyre. I had changed all of my car’s tyre to Bridgestone. A week later I noticed that the front left tyre was flat and on close inspection someone had damaged the tyre on the sidewall when he passed very close to my parked car (may be his bike/scooter footrest had a collision with my tyre also damaging my mirror). Finally I got it fixed and hole patched in JC road tyre repair shop.

whether its bad luck or coincidence or just an accident it still burns hole in your pocket!!! :sweat:

I had the same experience last April, when my scooter was a month old. It was somewhere on Old Airport road that there was a nail piece or rebar sticking out of the road, causing a puncture! In my case, there was no foreign object embedded at first, so I went the route of suspecting a faulty tyre, before the service team pointed out the giant puncture in the rear tire.

1 Like

I got my tyres switched to the Michelin ones at around 5K kms. Have the perfect condition stock tyres available at home for anyone who wants them. Please WhatsApp me at 9845034001 if you need the stock tyres.

Billed around Rs. 2200 for a single tyre. WOW!!! its pricey.

Sounds like a billing error, as the MRP for the tyre should be lesser than that. The Michelin City Pro was 1290 on Amazon when I bought it, the stock tyre was probably around 900 or 1000.

1 Like

Nope, it’s for single tyre. See the bill attached.

1 Like

HI, EVEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT THE SAME, THE SAID THE SAME THING, THAT IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY , so better stay away from it.

1 Like

Does everyone take old tires back at that price approximately?

I have my service scheduling to be done next month for 10k kms(Ather 450)

I was thinking of getting the tyres changed to timsum.

1. What is the take on it? 2.If I get the tyres myself,will it be changed by the service team who take it for service because I don’t want to get it fixed outside…?
1 Like

Moved it to the right thread, you can find some recommendations from posts above.

You can get the tyres changed at the service center if you provide the tyres.

2 Likes

I’ve read on the forums and noticed that many people switched to new tyres as they were unhappy with the stock MRF tyres.

Somewhere I also read that with Ather 450x we will be having an option to choose between stock tyres which will focus on range and performance tyres focusing on performance and hence less range.

I wasn’t able to get details about the brand and other info about the performance tyres.

If someone can summarise it here, it would be helpful :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Those details are not yet out. Should be revealed closer to the delivery dates (now don’t look up for the meaning of “Closer” in the dictionary :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

one of the 7 month old youtube review showed TVS remora tires, front 100/80-12" and rear 110/80-12".

We’ll have to wait till ather confirms

1 Like