Changing Stock Tyres

Frankly speaking, 7000kms is too early for a tyre change.
However if you still want to change, Timsuns are good tyres. You can go for it. You can check in Motostore in Ulsoor. AFAIK they are authorized dealers of this brand and they are Ather Grid partners too.

Other good options are Michelin city pro, Maxxis and MRF Nylogrip(Stock)

3 Likes

I have changed to michelin city pro 90/90. Its has better grip and deeper grooves. Costs 1400 at madhus Richmond rd.

3 Likes

Which tyres in 450x?..read it’s wider tyres…

1 Like

Optional upgrade.
But it is suggested not to go for it if you want a good range.
The riding experience at the cost of range.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji Are the wider section tires compatible with the Ather 450?

Hey just wanted to check how are the Michelin tyres performing after few months? Wanted to check as i went through the posts and found out that they are comfortable than the stock MRF’s. I have barely clocked 5k, and have to commute 50+ Kms on Ather on bumpy/uneven/speed breaker roads, so a comfortable ride is definitely which i am looking for. And i also i have had minor skids on hard breaking on the stock MRF. So wanted to check, if you are still happy with the tryes after so many months, any issues which you have noticed, which might not have arised on the stock ones. Also since these are softer tyres, are they more prone to punctures and quicker wear and tear?

1 Like

Tyres are good. No slipping no damage. Since i did not spend much time with the mrf, i wouldnt know usage-life comparison bw both but these are still soft after about 6000 km

2 Likes

Not much of a difference in terms of grip but ride quality is good and when it skids its I straight line, means back tyres wont go in different direction

2 Likes

Ordered the Michelin City Pro on Amazon today. Bike is anyway due for 5K service, will ask for the tyres to be changed at the same time. Too much of skidding (and a little sidewards sliding too) when I brake with the current tyres.

1 Like

How much extra to be paid if i opt for michelin tyres instead of stock tyres during delivery of scooter.Hope Ather has the option for the same.

My friend sometimes on empty roads, not always, uses the slide caused by brake lock to make turns. Not very safe if you ask me, but it serves a purpose if you can control it.

1 Like

There is no option for a different tyre for the 450. So there is no additional cost or anything that you have to pay. If you wnat, you’ve to change the tyres by yourself outside. The deal will then differ from one shop to another.

For the 450X however, Ather has told that they’ll provide an option to the customer to go for a performance tyre (Brand and size unknown yet) instead of the MRF Nylogrip. This will however reduce the range by a bit. Even here, Ather had told that there will not be any additional cost to the customer because of this choice.

4 Likes

i think in one of the YouTube review said it’ll be TVS remora tires, front will be 100/80-12" and rear will be 110/80-12"

1 Like

Got my stock MRF exchanged after a weeks of Delivery of my flight to Michelin… to be honest there is huge huge difference in Ride quality due to proper Grip & smooth comfort

Where did you get your tyres changed ? Did they have paddock stand to change tyres?

2 Likes

What was the cost of the tyres and the changing service?

4 Likes

After how many kilometres we should Chang the tyre’s Can someone say me about this

Depends on the Tyre wear. In general these tyres will last for approximately 35,000-40,000 kilometres. But if you want better tyres with better grip and greater performance, you can change it anytime you wish!

4 Likes

Adding to this for completion, see below groove wear indicators. Better not wait for the main grooves to reduce to this mark.

tyres-wear-indicators

4 Likes

Thanku for Suggestion

1 Like