Beta testers, start here

I picked my bike on the 28th of Nov. So for me there isn’t a lot of data to crunch. Will we get another report before the month end or will it come only after December?

Some report level observations

1. Can you explain how to classify a Balanced Rider vs an Aggressive Rider? A footnote will be useful here
  2. Along with community best efficiency, please call out the community average and median
      1. Similarly, for Top Speed, can you call out the community/city best and average
    1. For badges, we can multiple under the same category that you have chosen. for e.g. 500km, 1000km, 1500km, 2000km
3 Likes

I love the report has so much of information, But i agree with all the previous comments, too many colors used.

The badges are great but many people wont ride 1000kms in a month I wish this number could be reduced a bit. May be an average Chennai monthly ride number could be taken.

Some info on personal Co2 levels saved could provide a sense of satisfaction to all of us and encourage riding green.

3 Likes

1.Really liked the Ride statistics distance report, but the community distance (region wise) average comparison could have been included.

2.Font colour Grey should be changed its not appealing.

3.some sort of graphical representation will be cool in the report instead of plain words .

Like start and end points in map and for the most efficient ride and the minimum distance should be at least 10 kms

4.Again community average/best could have been included (region wise – for Bangalore users – Bangalore community best and average and for Chennai users Chennai community best and average )

5.Really liked the charging pattern chart for increasing the battery life . it gives users what they should do and what they shouldn’t do . 6. some sort of comparison between petrol vehicle and Ather could have been drawn like “how much petrol will be consumed for distance covered and how much money Ather users have saved and as @barath_sivaraman mentioned

should be included

2 Likes

Nope, I did not setup Stay Anonymous feature on my Ather. The network will not be there in my garage. So, maybe, for the report to come up, Ather needs the network. I’m not sure on it though. I’m just guessing. But still, there would be validation checks. The report just cannot contain NaN

1 Like

When did you get your scooter?

September 1st 2019 and I use it regularly.

@abhishek.balaji Is it possible to regenerate a report just for me again now? My bike is in office right now and there is network. I just want to see the report. My email id is suryachandra88@gmail.com

The report generation is independent of your scooter having network now, will check on the issue.

I like the data in the report. Some numbers are not consistant with the scooter dashboard (esp. top speed). The layout could be changed and made much more intuitive.
Also include regen %, and battery health status.

I would like to mention a few things which I feel would improve the report.

• Can we have community average efficiency along with community best efficiency?
  • About the most efficient ride, is there a minimum distance travelled criterion? And also, instead of a note with the addresses, maybe a map would be good.
  • Rider Profile - Based on efficiency or speed?
  • Badges - Some info like progress achieved would be good. And also, when the best efficiency is 26Wh/km, achieving an average efficiency of 25Wh/km seems to be overkill!
1 Like

@abhishek.balaji Okay, I can mail the report that I received just in case you want to check it out fully. Let me know to which mail id I should I send it to in case you are interested to see it

No worries, got it from here. The team will investigate this and get back to you.

The Ride tab where Distance Km is shown for each mode, Eco mode distance is not calculated if that mode is force applied (battery below 18%)

1 Like

Thanks @abhishek.balaji. Looking forward to see my report with correct values

The report have good information but there are a few errors that possible might be due to different method used to calculate these
Ex: efficiency Vs Range values don’t match

If I have a avg eff of 37 watts this would mean that my range will actually be 65 km per 2.4 Kw battery charge if I take the data as uncapped 2.7 Kw the values are closer see comparison below

I hope this is not the case as most of the user are facing same issue on the report, I suspect the calculation is braced on Battery actual capacity of 2.7 Kw where as we can only use 2.4 Kw

Now moving to the next data that we are very interested charging pattern.

The current issue is that if a user is driving 50 - 60 km per day none of us will fall in the ideal range of charge it to 80% as full and use it till 20% charge left( @2.4 as base line).

To achieve this is next to impossible for me at least as with a SOH value of 60% I can use the actual battery wattage I can consume is only 1.44 Kw(@2.4 Kw) that would require some very very conservative drive characteristics of the power consumption where the user needs to consume between 29 w/km for 50 km and 24 w/km for 60 km which is actually impossible for me as my commute will involve gradients that increase the power consumption.

Note your own representation of range in Eco is 75 , Ride is 65 and Sport is 55 . This means that @2.4 Kw i will have a be burning 32 w/km , 37 w/km & 44 w/km

Also the use of red in a graph is to denote a negative representation of data hope this not the case as my data for every change is denoted as red that is quite confusing as this means that we are actually not chagrining as expected for optimal battery life when the data is shown as Red on the graph.

2 Likes

I just got our BESCOM bill and I see that the bill cycle is 14th of the month to 14th of the next month given that different areas will have different due dates there is no easy way to correlate the units consumed report and our electric bill.

Also charge sessions dont indicate if they are at home from the dot, outside from Ather Grid or from an unauthenticated portable charger

I feel that just like ride statistics we need a charge statistics tab on the app and this level of detail should be pushed out there. If we get that then I could use the portable charger at some random roadside tea stall and show the host how little power we have drawn

ajay - swathi’s dad

5 Likes

Overall, i appreciate ather team from creating a such informative and intutive report. I agree to most of the feedbacks given by other users. A few feedback from my side is given below to make it easy for owners to understand.

1. In my personal opinion, efficiency can be split into to subcategories if there are sufficient data points in each group. This will give mmore insght and how one can improve efficiency
    a) Short rides (Rides less than 10km) b)Long rides (rides more than 10km)

2. Efficiency grapht : I do not understand why the 2 bars are different in its width. If there are no specific meaning, both can have same width like the ride modes graph.
    Please add a tip for improving efficiency like you have given for charging

3. My kilometer/charge is almost same for all three ride modes (74E,76S,71S) If I have better charge/km in sportsmode than economy, what does this mean? How can I utilise this information to improve my driving efciency ? May be a note on this would help users on how to decode this information would be insightfull

4. Please add least efficient trip

5. Rider Profile: Is this profiling is based on accelaration ? is this based on efficiency? or how many kilometers completed or overall usage? Please give a note on what it indicates to give better understanding. It would be also good if you can give a tip like “slow down through cuves or reduce acceleration to become balanced”

6. I liked the charging tip. I will request you to convert this to a feature to the app. Give notification alarm in the app (it is somewhat there), but it would be good to have a sound or image warning in the mobile phone when carging reaches 20%, 80%.

7. Another section i would like to see is the Battery: Health, max and min temp reached etc. (not sure what you can get from data and how much of it can be made public.)

8. Badges:- Looks good, as many suggested many 500km in a month would be a good addition

9. Additional Info request :- Total kilometers covered by person and CO2 saved and total CO2 saved by all ather scooters

10. Improve consistency of how unit is written in report (WHPKM, WH/KM): My suggestion is to follow SI standard notation for all units

1 Like

In charging Statistics, please provide Distance travelled information,
Example: today I will keep for charging, charging starts from 30% to 100%, now I start using EV, next day I will keep charging at 40%, now I need to distance travelled against charging

The report looks good. Will let you know if there are any changes required.

I have always been confused about the aspect of predicted range reported differently for different modes.

Efficiency is just KMS driven per full charge. And the predicted range should be just one number based on your driving history and the current average consumption. This is how it is in all autos I have driven.

To give u an example. Lets say I am in sports mode and I ride aggressively and the range predicted is 45 km after some riding. If I change it to Ride the range automatically changes to say 55km. This is incorrect as if I continue to ride aggressively in the same manner, the consumption should be the same - more or less.

So the range is just SoC/current average. Isn’t it ?

Another aspect that would be useful is the ability to set alerts for charging limits. For example , the report says that the ideal charging pattern is 20-80%. I should be able to get an alert on my phone when the charge level goes down to say 20% and above 80% while charging.

But you can’t continue to ride as aggresively as before!