Battery Pack

Not if you plan your day/ride properly :wink: I have never had my Ather die on me or fall below 40-50% when I really need it. I have become a bit more disciplined because of Ather :smiley:

2 Likes

I plan my ride with a buffer and end up having the buffer percentage left at the end of the ride. Iā€™ve never got stuck up in the middle of the road

It depends on the SoC, battery temperature, use of connectivity services,where it is parked (under the sun or not), etcā€¦

@abhishek.balaji Ather should have by now have at-least a year of data about the scooters on road. Would it be possible to see the battery degradation that has taken place on these scooters in sort of a graph against time/ Kms ridden/ user profile. Would lead to peace of mind to existing owners and confidence in to be owners. Possible?

4 Likes

If I am right, degradation has many factors and conditions to count.Also, it might trigger a paranoid response in owners to save the trickle of battery health becise it is the only major recurring cost in eV.

But it would be nice to see an average right? Since most of the factors and conditions concerning degradation will usually be close the average, barring a few extreme case. I feel it will be useful information to know from the collected data.

Itā€™s still fairly early to try to make sense of battery degradation data from scooters on road. It also depends on individual riding styles and usage/charging patterns. Itā€™s not something in our immediate roadmap at this stage.

Why donā€™t ather not providing detachable battery so that it become convenient for the users who are living flats and apartment.

This is a bit outside of any topic but this is the closest one possible. Can I buy the battery pack, motor and the control circuit separately? Without the bike frame and everything else like a spare part. I am an Ather 450 owner and I ordered 450x as well. I want to use the extra battery for building a paramotor rig. Tired of using ICU engines and its loudness in the pristine sky. I canā€™t wait to experience Atherā€™s whee in the air. Also tag the marketing/branding team to this. It could be a great PR opportunity for you guys too. Btw, I brought my Ather back to my hometown, Udumalpet (near Coimbatore) everyone is excited for my 450 :blush:

PS: before you say no this unusual request. Iā€™m one of the first 100 to preorder Ather 450 and 450x. So yea Iā€™m a fan boy alright. Iā€™m thinking a Large size Ather branding on the parachute :wink:

10 Likes

Did this idea kick off? Did you get a response? @Navie

got an over enthusiastic call from support then subsided

2 Likes

Since Teslas battery day is approaching. I was wondering if ather has any plans of starting their own cell production, like tesla, any time in the future(near or distant). Because I think that would be really cool. @abhishek.balaji @ather?

Checked on this with the team and unfortunately this wonā€™t be possible. The component parts such as the battery pack, motor and control circuit have been approved by the relevant authorities for use by Ather only to manufacture electric scooters.

3 Likes

Some good hope for ev owners.

The Next Web: Thereā€™s no need to worry about your EV battery degrading over time.

Hi ,

It would be awesome if you can provide battery health report on monthly basis. Just curious about batteryā€™s performance?

3 Likes

What is voltage of battery pack and ah?

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, any updates on this issue? During the owners meet conducted on 17-Sep-2020, we were told that you will soon publish the VINs of vehicles affected by the BMS bug. I guess we havenā€™t heard from you after that.

1 Like

Hey Iā€™ve updated it in the FAQs: Is it safe to shutdown the vehicle on a daily basis?

Abhishek, just a thought: Would it be possible to link the post explaining how to locate the VIN to this FAQ? I am anticipating that will be the next obvious question whenever someone reads this :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion! Iā€™ve added a link to find your VIN. Where do I see VIN (Vehicle identification number) of my 450?

2 Likes