Battery Pack

80 to 90 % also can be added :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just took delivery of my vehicle yesterday. Is it normal for the SoC to increase without charging? Parked scooter at work with 48% 4 hours later itā€™s at 52%. Is something wrong? Or just a bonus?

Thatā€™s a welcome gift :grin:

Jokes apart, hope it was in the same mode you left it. If it happens frequently, Iā€™d suggest you get it checked. If it doesnā€™t repeat, itā€™s probably some erratic bug.

1 Like

Lol! Alright, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for it. It is in the same mode I left it in.

What time did you park the vehicle and when did you get back? Li cells are notorious with temprature shifts.

Parked at 2 PM. It was about 30Ā°C outside in the open where it was parked. When I got it back it was 9 PM, about 25Ā°C.

1 Like

This + the riding heat should explain the change. But need a clarification from the team on this.

2 Likes

Makes sense but isnā€™t it designed to be in the sun at that heat for a few hours? Also, I didnā€™t hear the fan kick in till after about 4-5 kms into the ride. Maybe it wasnā€™t too hot.

Yup. It is designed for the heat. The chance also maybe the bms learning the batterystats? Not sure now. Maybe someone from ather can clarify here?

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna contact CS soon for an explanation. Happened again, went from 88% and 65 Kms to 91% and 67 kms

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed similar fluctuations too but slightly different. Whenever I charge to 91-95% the previous night and switch off (no shutdown), it stays the same or reduces only by 1%. After the recent update where the scooter status syncs to the phone, I found out it reduces by 2-3% and increases again later.

Another instance: Came home at 5am today with 40%. Just parked my scooter and crashed. Woke up at 11 and charge status was at 36%. Pretty normal. But at about 1pm, it went up to 37%.

This doesnā€™t affect the performance or electricals in any way, so Iā€™ve just ignored it assuming the BMS is just having a little party and recovering from the hangover before I ride.

2 Likes

Lol! Sounds very similar to my situation. Iā€™m guessing its just the BMS recalibrating or whatever. But, this does not affect performance or user experience in any way. If anything, it is great to see some 2 km of bonus range.

1 Like

@acorreya , @channelcarrera,

This phenomenon is called voltage bouce back and it is quite common in high drain vehicles. This issue is discussed in length and I am adding that link here again

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/battery-soc-indicator/2902/15?u=rajeshkav

Nothing to worry about and it is quite common.

6 Likes

Ahh! This is so interesting! I feel like Iā€™m something new about EVs everyday.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the idle battery drain rate.

1 Like

1% every 2 hours roughly. But could be lesser.

2 Likes

Thanks, because I had a drain of 2% for 18 hours.

Yup, it varies a lot actually. Over a 10 or 12 hour period, overnight or at the office parking lot, I lose about 5%. But in 24 hours, Iā€™ll lose only 8%. If I charge the vehicle to somewhere between 92-95% the previous night, I lose 1-2% in 10-12 hours. Or if itā€™s at 93% exactly previous night, I lose 0% by morning. Might even gain 1% :joy: #firstworldproblems

1 Like

Interesting and yet confusing :rofl:

Soon Iā€™ll get used to it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We lose more battery when we need it the most basically XD