Battery Pack

Exactly what I was thinking after they charged me for the motor wiring. I guess after warranty they’ll start charging you for everything now, even if it’s a manufacturing defect.

3 Likes

It has been 4 days and 2 reminders but no one from Ather team has shared any info regarding post warranty BMS fix

1 Like

There has been enough questions on this. But, we have not heard about this.

I was avoiding shut-down when SoC is high. Since 3 months, I am shutting down whenever needed even if SoC 90% also. If it gets a problem, I thought let me fix it thru warranty.

For all the vehicles which are vulnerable for the shutdown bug, the least Ather can guarantee is: if this issue occurs, they can fix it even if it is out of warranty.

2 Likes

Hey Rahul, the Forum is meant for interactions amongst the owners, and other such discussions. Would suggest to reach out to the Customer Support for this query.

I’m sure customer care will have zero clue about what this BMS issue is. They’ll request a callback from a service engineer and that’ll never happen even if you call CC every day and request a callback every day.

This BMS thing was an issue that was clarified and explained by forum managers earlier for everyone to see and I think it’s only fair that it gets answered here for everyone’s knowledge.

8 Likes

You echoed the exact words what many of us would have said. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does any have an idea about the discharge rate of the battery in ideal mode (not running).

I’ll be getting my 450x delivery today. I was able to connect to my ride through the app yesterday.

The battery was @ 44% and today I see it at 38%. When I called the showroom, they said the bike hasn’t moved since yesterday. Is this okay? The rate of discharge I mean…

Please help.

I certainly get annoyed by the phantom drain. But I see it in terms of kms/ range lost when its idle. Looking at it in terms of % may seem its worse. But its not that worse IMO. At higher charge status, the drain is quicker but then it settles down. Like for e.g. I returned home at 1 pm and the range was 61 kms, its 5 now and its at 60 kms which I feel is normal. With lower battery capacity, the drain becomes more evident. Hopefully that helps. Peace :v:

2 Likes

In Ather scooter are you using active cooling system or passive cooling system sir.

it has an active cooling system as it has fans

1 Like

guys, is there any way to get the approx SoH of the battery? my warranty is about to expire in 4k kms, will ride and charge the scooter mindfully if the SoH is too bad😅

1 Like

Mine and my friends Ather, both not starting at all. I feel its the above issue. I m afraid if this is happening across users and I see that they are charging my friend for BMS fix about 6k. Kindly help in resolving this issue by recalling all affected vehicles. @rafeeqkzr pls add your thoughts too. @abhishek.balaji please tow my vehicle at the earliest and fix ASAP

Abhishek balaji is community manager, this might take time to respond, you need to contact Ather RSA +917676811777

2 Likes

In benefit of all Owners, having no clue why all of a sudden Ather dies, I urge that @atherenergy @abhishek.balaji should take this opportunity to bring it to broader forum and to recall all the 450’s and do the necessary action to resolve under warranty at the earliest.

2 Likes

Is this happening to 450 or 450x?

2 Likes

show this post to the service centre, This specifically says that if the BMS dies if will be covered under warranty as an exception

3 Likes

450, irony is after warranty. If >90% charge don’t shutdown at all.

I will keep everyone updated post resolution. As of now, my Ather is been towed. Sad part is, my friends vehicle which died, they have told 4-5 weeks to fix the issue.

3 Likes

Seriously No one from Ather is talking about BMS issue with 450 and why would they charge money if it is known to be defect with BMS

3 Likes

They have given a loaner scooter for him right,? the issue of previously discussed BMS issue will be a problem for atleast 2000 owners, I hope Ather does not turn their face other side

2 Likes