Battery Pack

Hello Ather, it’s interesting to know would you adopt a new battery technology like this Aluminium air batteries in the existing Ather vehicles after the battery life degrades ?

I think that would be a revolution if you can adopt new technologies to the existing vehicles (by fine tuning the battery to the vehicle to optimum performance)

hello guys quick advice (for 450 owners only) please do not rely on battery% or range below 8%(5km) both my vehicle and the loaner shutdown below 5-8% (3-5km range) and when plugged in it showed 0% battery left

experienced multiple times now

and every time i have to push some 300m to 2km

today it happened again on my vehicle with loaner battery - i have to push from railway wheel factory to ather grid in yelhanka

consider this while planning your trip

I’ll update here if i have any update from Ather

7 Likes

Hey this happened to me as well while coming back from the republic day ride :sweat_smile: , it’s because of battery degradation. We’ll be rolling out an update to fix the issue of the abrupt shutdown, along with the ability to unlock at 100% charge at Ather Grid. We’re looking at rolling this out starting next week.

6 Likes

If showing it on dashboard is not going to be any time soon, can you get us battery health in the monthly OR quarterly basis as a report?

1 Like

Makes sense. So can we use this as a way to determine degradation? XD the percentage at which the scooter shuts down is the amount of degradation?
How many Km have you clocked @abhishek.balaji

Maybe haha. Around 11k, just completed 2 years. Although in my case, the dash should about 2/3km left and then the abrupt shutdown happened.

1 Like

That’s about 4% charge if I’m not wrong. So 4% degradation. That’s not that bad tbh. Also close to this

I’ve ridden mine down the 2% and it was still running. (@ 8k Km and 1yr 4m) Guess it makes sense.
Yours was mostly degrdation with time I suppose.

1 Like

the topic mentions for 450, nothing 450X right?

1 Like

Well I’m sure the 450X has quite a bit of time before it shows signs of degradation.
But I guess it is relevant to the 450X too unless the SOC has accounted for degradation in it, unlike our 450.

1 Like

Maybe. But it’s not bad at all.

• I don’t have a smart plug etc, and my scooter is often plugged in for days a time when not using it.
  • not an easy rider. My ride efficiency averages around 36wh/km and very often is 44-50Wh/km.

But not an avid user of fast charging, maybe once a month or so.

8 Likes

Wow !! That’s comparatively some high efficiency numbers …

Are you okay with 50kms-60kms range that you get with these efficiency numbers ??

Yep, daily commute to work is about 10kms round trip. At most make trips to whitefield (about 20kms one way) where there are plenty of fast chargers, so not too worried.

Ofc the Ather office parking lot also has regular chargers so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Haha! That was too easy an answer.

I wonder what’s the highest efficiency (in terms of numbers) anyone’s ever got?

Welcome to the 50Wh/km club, man I was waiting all alone in here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

52 is my best umm also the worst according to Ather

3 Likes

can we look at some lower number

may be 90

as it takes ages from 80 to 100

(exclude portable chargers)

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Not immediately but might consider in the next few months.

1 Like

The issue is that you can’t just unplug when the scooter is charging. It’s not safe it seems that’s why the 100%. Still better than nothing I’d say.

Since you didn’t specify the distance covered, I’ll take you up on that

Oh I remeber this phase. It happens when your commute per day is under 15Km it’s a coping mechanism we Ather owners use when we don’t need the range. To pin the throttle every chance we get :stuck_out_tongue: that was me in lockdown. Every grocery shopping ride - 50-55Wh/Km.

Any progress on letting us set a charge limit on our scooter charging at home? :pensive::pleading_face:

So you don’t actually know your battery health either? Could someone share how hard it really is to estimate the battery health of a battery. Because on android there are just so many apps that can do this after a few charge cycles.
What happens if you offload these apps on the 450X dash? @abhishek.balaji @cyberboysumanjay ?

2 Likes

Don’t have anything to share right now but should have a clearer picture in the next couple months.

3 Likes

It’s a myth, when we turn on the scooter to take the plug out we are interrupting the charging process. Ather can just program it to disconnect the internal relays or IC to stop the charging. and disconnect the plug .