Battery Pack

guys, is there any way to get the approx SoH of the battery? my warranty is about to expire in 4k kms, will ride and charge the scooter mindfully if the SoH is too badšŸ˜…

1 Like

Mine and my friends Ather, both not starting at all. I feel its the above issue. I m afraid if this is happening across users and I see that they are charging my friend for BMS fix about 6k. Kindly help in resolving this issue by recalling all affected vehicles. @rafeeqkzr pls add your thoughts too. @abhishek.balaji please tow my vehicle at the earliest and fix ASAP

Abhishek balaji is community manager, this might take time to respond, you need to contact Ather RSA +917676811777

2 Likes

In benefit of all Owners, having no clue why all of a sudden Ather dies, I urge that @atherenergy @abhishek.balaji should take this opportunity to bring it to broader forum and to recall all the 450ā€™s and do the necessary action to resolve under warranty at the earliest.

2 Likes

Is this happening to 450 or 450x?

2 Likes

show this post to the service centre, This specifically says that if the BMS dies if will be covered under warranty as an exception

3 Likes

450, irony is after warranty. If >90% charge donā€™t shutdown at all.

I will keep everyone updated post resolution. As of now, my Ather is been towed. Sad part is, my friends vehicle which died, they have told 4-5 weeks to fix the issue.

3 Likes

Seriously No one from Ather is talking about BMS issue with 450 and why would they charge money if it is known to be defect with BMS

3 Likes

They have given a loaner scooter for him right,? the issue of previously discussed BMS issue will be a problem for atleast 2000 owners, I hope Ather does not turn their face other side

2 Likes

Quick update : my Ather is still under diagnosis and no ETA as of now. Atleast I had requested for loaner vehicle multiple times and this evening I received one. My friend gave his almost a week now and he dint get even update nor loaner vehicle - @rafeeqkzr

2 Likes

The range lost certainly varies based on how you use it. For my riding style, I get about 78 kms of range in Sport mode which is where I ride most of the time.

But because I donā€™t use the bike everyday, I found that I have about 75% efficiency of battery usage.

That means on a single charge, Iā€™m supposed to get about 80 kms of range but I only get to ride, 60 kms with the 20 kms going away because of battery drain.

This number keeps changing based on how much you use your vehicle. If you use it daily, then the range lost will be quite less.

1 Like

I havenā€™t collected a lot of data to make a generic statement but, so far, Iā€™ve seen about 3-4% loss per day when it is on idle.

The actual loss of battery seems to be dependant on the initial charge. But havenā€™t got enough data to make a correlation yet.

1 Like

5-6% loss if you donā€™t shut-down

But, If the charging cable is docked (but charger is not ON), then close to 9% loss per day. This may not be usual case as most will remove the charging cable after finishing charging.

2 Likes

Seems a little excessive. Iā€™ve never seen mine go down by that much. But Iā€™ve a 450X. So, donā€™t know if it is a little more optimized.

1 Like

Any info on battery pack upgrades for 450 bikes

1 Like

Update dated 21 July 2022: got a call from Shubham, Service center team saying my Ather is fixed and I will get on Saturday. Its stated as BMS issue, but not given more details as to why it happened after 3 years of delivery. Should thank for providing loaner bike.

One more thing, my portable charger is not working and Ather team is saying they wonā€™t repair portable charger itseems and since warranty is over, nothing can be done now.

1 Like

This really sucks!, because the Gen1 portable charger was actually PORTABLE!. The Gen2 PC is just too big to be carried around every day.

8 Likes

Sad to hear that. And the current price of the new portable charger is just gonna add salt to the wound.

2 Likes

U felt my pulse.

3 Likes