šŸš€ Atherstack 10.5.5 (Gen 2) & 11.5.5 (Gen 3)

Sent my details in your message box

1 Like

Same problem facing

2 Likes

The volume of indicator & parking assist was reduced after customer feedback. Previous models like Gen 1, 1.5 were louder

its sad to see so many disappointed buyers here,even I bought Ather for its simplicity for my first EV like have a non smart key and simple UI.Atherstack completely flipped this UX side,I was welcome for change but Atherā€™s UX is really falling behind.App and scooter both feel dated compared to OLA.There are many useless things cramped into S1 OS but they all work with fancy animations which add up to ownership fun.

With Ather planning stack 5 for last year to people using it for half of this year am just confused how it isnā€™t just stable still even after being comepletely basic like the UI elements feel from Android kitkat in 2013 even though dashboard runs Oreo

8 Likes

I mean sure the dashboard runs slightly newer AOSP version but the SoC running it is pretty dated so what the software lacks is optimization before they start pushing new features.

2 Likes

I am very curious to know whose idea is to update the software to AtherStack 5 and who has given approval to forcefully updated on customer vehicle. The UI is so laggy and unresponsive that one could hardly use the same . Touch is unresponseive i donā€™t understand how Ather team think that this ui is very fluent. Earlier UI was 10000 times better than this. Was able to touch and change riding mode while driving. Motor on and off warning was there. Trip A & B was there for better management. Bigger fonts, more responsive touch control. Graphic were excellent on it. This is how an electric scooter UI should be simple and sophisticated. Bigger Battery Bar plus DTE was there. I wish i can meet the person who has designed this UI and Who approved it. i wanted to personally handover my scooter free of cost to both of them with a sad note. I wish i could have option to return my scooter or atleast buyback option.

3 Likes

You could still sell it or wait for Ather to optimize their software while you send emails to info@atherenergy.com about the main dashboard issues. Some users are definitely facing dashboard lagging issue but some are not.

Can you tell me what software version you are on?

1 Like

Version 11.5.5. No point of sending email to them every time i get the same robotic answer everytime. We should have option to downgrade the version I donā€™t understand whats the point of forcefully installation of OTA and why we donā€™t have option to downgrade if we donā€™t like the ota. Nowerdays Ather is not the one for which its known for. All the forums are flooded with negative feedback of current ui but what Ather is doing NOTHING neither they are not taking customer feedback seriously. Everything is a just a business for them. They just wanted to snatch the money from our pocket as much as possible. I have bought scooter in Nov 22 and they have launched 3.1 in Jan 23 though scooter is same but with extra benefits now naturally if product is same then what about those customers who has just recently bought the scooter? Answer is nothing for those customers. I donā€™t know why they have messed with such good product intentionally. Scooter become noicey day by day. No information whether Main stand will come in future. Though i donā€™t use Fast charger that much but now it gonna be chargeable in coming months. I have to subscribe if i want to use Mobile app check for efficiency and other stuff. All things clearly shows this is done intentionally. first market the product like no other product is like this and they are going to change the mobility, when we buy it give positive feedback to others and others also buys then start charging for everything. I donā€™t understand how they are comparing them with ICE.

2 Likes

i dont think main stand is possible in current design the way battery pack is just flat at bottom there seems no way to install it on sides too without it being really fragile.Also are you pissed about 11.5.5 specifically or stack 5 in general? cause 11.5.5 is quite stable and smooth,I only noticed UI elements disappearing more often else its ok,they had to mess with scooter in order to keep up

about grid charging i think the move was necessary but i wish they enable charging to 100 back as that can make huge difference in covering final distance and not keep charging cost at 1rs+gst a min cause its not fair as scooters charging speed depends on many conditions so some users might just get looted in few states

5 Likes

Old things given new packet old ui is more user friendly an more stable

2 Likes

I have a weird issue not sure where to mention itā€¦ if Iā€™m idling and Iā€™m in warp modeā€¦ if I twist the throttle completely for max acceleration( which I sometimes do at red lights) the scooter just switches offā€¦ and then I have to redo the ignition

1 Like

That doesnā€™t seem like normal behaviour. Is this after a long full speed ride or just normal city riding? Anyway you should demonstrate this for the service advisor at your SC and ask them to rectify it.

3 Likes

Stack 5. Majority of riders wanted to go back to AtherDropkick i m surprised how you are liking the current UI.

Because some people are having issues and some arenā€™t. I also am not having issues. It could be that quite a few owners were used to the older UI because they used that for a longer time and so arenā€™t finding the newer UI as smooth which I agree it wasnā€™t. But quite a few issues were resolved in verision 5.5. Also Iā€™m quite sure heā€™s entitled to have his own opinions.

1 Like

Yesterday evening going back to home from work my Ather started lagging speedometer was not able to show correct speed and after few km it got into boot loop and i thought it will fix automatically but after riding for 10km also it didnā€™t got fixed then I have to reset to fix this issues. And this happened after last update during service. Really disappointed from this scooter. Earlier ui was better.

1 Like

Normal city drivingā€¦ like I was at a red signal very close to my houseā€¦ went to pick up some groceriesā€¦ was a very scary experience when it suddenly stopped

1 Like

Ohh. You should definitely get that checked out and test in a safe area once more if it happens again.

6 Likes

yah I miss the old UI alot too,the fullscreen effects and maps were much more easier to look at than small wings of power.Hoping Ather will add themes soon and classic makes a comeback

5 Likes