AtherGrid Locations

Well the charging plug is not standardized across EV manufacturers. This topic has been discussed in lengths historically in this forum and you can search for the same. In short, you charge your Ather in other charging station with your portable charger/DOT (if you are carrying it in boot) and if that charging station has a 3 pin socket. There have been jugaad done as well when there is no standard 3 pin is not available. You will be interested to know it if you read the entire thread. I will update this post with their links when I am on PC!

Update: How Ironic… This is indeed the thread that has all the details. You will just need to go through the posts from beginning you find the jugaads!

2 Likes

Lack of charging points in east bangalore towards K R Pura

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji few charging New grids in Chennai are always displayed as Greyish colour in Map (attached below)

Uploading: LongScreenshot_2021-01-25-03-35-21.png…

These grids at Vanagaram, Medavakkam, Thoraipakkam, Avadi and Skywalk are available or not is a doubt and their Online status is a question mark here.??

nice idea & plZ check with metro cash & carry i think they will also allow lot ppl viist there

1 Like

Please raise this through the app or customer support.

1 Like

There is an ather grid at hsr layout near a bank at 24th main sector one. There are multiple athers in and around and there’s always a wait time to get ourselves charged. One more ather fast charger at other location in hsr will be of great help.

1 Like

4 Likes

Most of the time when I visit it’s always the people from Bank who charge it. There are 2 athers from the bank employees itself. One 450 I guess and one series 1.

1 Like

I think that problem won’t be there after the company starts charging… :wink:

6 Likes

In fact, while the free offer is still going on, I hope they charge those people who hog the chargers by continuing to use it as a parking spot. I think someone already suggested this as a feature a while ago (and Tesla is already does this?)

1 Like

Agree! Irrespective of whether there is free charging or not, I am a strong supporter of the idea that the time spent connected after an EV reaches 100% SoC should be charged / penalised right from Day 1 to inculcate some charging etiquette.

3 Likes

I would suggest that they give first 20mins of charge free after which they could start charging, which will benefit those who need to charge for emergency mileage, as well as it will keep those people away who try to make profit out of those charging grids…

3 Likes

I would say start charging money from 80%, as the even fast chargers tend to slow down charging from 80-100%. Ather grids should be ideally used for emergencies but not as a means to save your home electricity.

3 Likes

If u leave from Only place charging point in CBD area more then 10 to 15 kmtr upto avalahalli lake bangalore not a single charging point, only at Phoenix mall at right of OMR road in mahadevapura has charge point of ather. Why this part is neglected, I had to push my bike to home many times more then a Kmtr last time.

Ather recommends that the vehicle shouldn’t be parked near a bescom transformer but the ather charging station at hsr layout sector one on 24th main near the bank has transformer near the charging station. :exploding_head:

I don’t think EMI can cause any problem in Ather since they are well shielded

1 Like

Supporting

Coffee day .dominos. McDonald’s.hotels .in this area the people are comfortably put the charge and spend the time in coffee day .in coffee day the certain class of peoples are floating ather can easily get the company promotion in install the charging point

Hi , i am located at Benson town , and the nearest ather grid is at RT nagar 3.6km Sedashivnagar 4.2 km Is there any plan to add a point nearby my location . we have good number of users nearby thanks and regards mohamed saalim

Sai Menaka Complex Grid Point in Yelhanks is not showing up on Google maps may i request Ather to update on google maps as well (will be easy for other EV owner’s)