Ather Space: Test Ride Experience

Hmm okay sir. I’ve attached the photo please have a look.

Which is more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes ? You decide with an open mind

Sir you don’t want me to answer this. Trust me. :blush:

Why don’t you put in a request as to what you’d like to see in the dashboard over here https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ota-wants-feature-requests/1122

Okay this endless comparison is not going to be productive for anyone, so putting down some of the points you mentioned here, that we’ll definitely take as feedback:

• Center stand
  • Brake lock when parking on slopes
  • Better quality panels
  • Pillion footrest
  • More range
  • Better rear view mirrors
  • More color choices (with 450X, you’ll have 3 more colors to choose from)
  • Improve fit and finish
  • Simpler dashboard that’s more intuitive
  • USB charging port (I’m guessing this is what you mean by mobile charger, since there’s a portable charger available for purchase)
  • Theft and Tow Detection (Upcoming feature through an Over The Air Update)
  • Better Range (Range figures shown on the dashboard is what we call TrueRange, and accurately represents what you’d get on road. A lot of our owners, depending on the riding style, get a variety of range. You can check out https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/mileage-archives/1234/1 )

Rest of the points about design etc are subjective and totally your preference.

Some of these are already feedback suggested, and the teams are working on improving this in future models. We’d love to hear from you, if there’s anything else we can take as feedback, to improve future products :smiley:

Either way, we’re glad you’re choosing an electric vehicle, and taking a step towards more EVs on road.

12 Likes

Chetak’s motor itself is 4kW,:joy:, Ather’s is 5.4kW, how will be the pickup less compared to Chetak​:rofl::rofl: Maybe sitting as a pillion on the back and asking the driver to give a sudden throttle would change your mind😅

Transmission loss & slack due to belt drive mechanism compared to direct drive in Chetak

And the whine is irritating. One can make out Ather is coming from the next road at a distance !

Reminds me of BSA Falcon 50cc Bike whose sound was more than the power of a Yezdi 250cc bike

I appreciate that you have taken constructive criticism in your stride👍

1 Like

Subjective.

I like the attention :sweat_smile:

This could be an issue in the scooter you rode. Also the Chetak has a transmission if I’m not wrong = loss. Try visiting the Ather space one more time and bring up these topics with the guys at atherspace. They’ll be more than happy to help you clarify all your misconceptions :blush:

I remember seeing in one of the threads that the particular gentleman likes the ‘loud nice whine’ but is critical of the ‘eerily silent’ Chetak, I really fell of my couch laughing :grinning::joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

Anyways, enjoy your Ather bought by spending your hard earned money👍

Signing off, good night.

Gentle People,

While the conversation has been respectful so far, just a reminder that the forum is open to all viewpoints and hence a request to not get into a defensive or argumentative discussion.

@sundarr7881 is entitled to his opinion on the product. His feedback is based on his expectations and real life use cases which do not match what the 450 is built for.

2 Likes

Yes I realised that. My bad if I crossed a line there. Was just trying to help @sundarr7881 to have a second look.
I’ll let it go

You may laugh all you want but world over adding noise to an EV is an important topic. It’s called AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Alert System) and regulations mandate Electric vehicles to emit a continuous noise of 56db till a certain speed (19kmph). This regulation is not in India yet, but USA, Europe and Australia already mandates this.

5 Likes

AVAS nvolves Vehicle warning sounds generated electronically, NOT vehicle whining sounds.! It is used to alert people around, Screenshot_20200827-072647|230x500

Hi Sundar, I have read your comments and others as well. I appreciate your finding for 450. Also, others who are owning 450 is different experience for them. Trying to make a mutual statement here, if you want to give points to ather team directly then it will be much more helpful as they take it as constructive feedback and same reason they have created this forum for, unlike other companies who do not want to take feedback from customers. Let it be bajaj, tvs or any other brand. Being in public forum let us take these comments in positive way rather than other way around. @abhishek.balaji has also taken your valid points as constructive feedback, thats how they work and I hope it stays forever like this. And we need people like you to comment which we ather owners might have missed out and hopefully these will be fixed in future releases. And I request owners not to take comments from anyone to heart directly. Please remember to love each other and lets spread peace in the entire world.

10 Likes

Disclaimer: i dont lie, not even to save my job: Now read on

1. The motor whine is same as batpod, hence the reason why some people bought Ather in the first place. Next thing someone might say is he hates Batman…is that even a thing
  2. I prefer a 7 inch color display on my car, cos it helps me navigate and not ask people like an idiot. I expect the same from my two wheeler cos its 2020 you know and not 1980’s to look at chrome dials
  3. Ather is fast, have to accept that fact. I got put off with the lack of any power from the chetak (cant say about the tvs iqube as i never rode it or saw it till date)
  4. There are shortcomings such as low quality switches, abysmal tyres, squeaky brakes and no helmet storage space below seat. For a premium scooter these weren’t expected

Lastly, I hate Ather as much as you do for their slow pace, costly plans, customer punishing deliveries, etc. It is one of the least customer friendly companies in my mind in India. What a honest person cant say is that they made a bad scooter or even an average scooter, it is genuinely good

7 Likes

Um… There is a huge underseat storage for my helmet… I think it’s one of the biggest underseat storages compared to other scooters in India.

3 Likes

As i said i am a believer in honesty. So Hjc large, Mt mugello large and Ls2 medium all three full face dont fit in the boot. I am not sure what you are fitting but if there is something that fits then good for you

Also, i have never made a premature investment decision in my life (Ather included). Hence i would prefer holding on to my 450x preorder and check the exchange offer before cancelling. Please do not pm me for order swap

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji when can I expect production version 450x for test ride in Chennai ?

@abhishek.balaji can I get a response please ?

I recently booked a Test Ride at the experience center at Porvorim but missed the appointment. I got a notification on Whatsapp and a link to reschedule it. I did that and arrived for the test ride onnthe ne date. However the Experience Center did not have any record of my booking and took all my details. As per the notification when booking the Experience Center was supposed to keep a Sanitized Helmet, Gloves, Mask and Sanitizer ready. However there was nothing. Anyway I had carried my own helmet, sanitizer and mask. The experience was ok. Nothing spectacular but the bike was amazing. I think the staff need more training on explaining the technical details, pricing, subscription etc. Considering that the bike is targeted at enthusiasts this is important. It’s a different matter that lot of the people in Goa who bought the Ather are non enthusiasts like shopkeepers and small businessmen from the villages who bought it just for the running costs. Few points I noticed:

• No one attended to me until I asked
  • The skeleton display bike was dirty
  • The pillion rider who accompanied me was not wearing a helmet
  • After the test ride 2 employees took the bike somewhere. Both were without helmets and they were riding on the wrong side of a one way road.
  • Though the Experience Center is in a good location, there is no Cafe nearby. However the building has s bit of open space and Pooja Bedi was having a look it. I understand some kind of Cafe is coming up shortly.

When I reached home I received another notification that I had missed my ride. Called the number in the message and it turned out to be the director or the dealership who seemed to be an enthusiast himself. Good to see such people running dealerships.

Overall I was satisfied with the experience so went ahead and booked the 450X.

It’s missing from the Porvorim Experience Center.

1 Like

What’s the delivery timeline given to you?