Ather Space: Test Ride Experience

Point 2: you are completely wrong…in fact it’s got only side stand. Point 10: portable charger is there for that. Point 4: again you are wrong. There is a pillion footstep but not for ladies who sit one sided. Point 13: please let me know how you arrived at this conclusion.

You’ve listed only “No” features…would like to hear what “Yes” features you found in Ather 450.

But overall very interesting observations…

1 Like

Iam trying to convey that Ather is loaded with unnecessary features which we hardly use/notice during our hectic daily routine. Where is the space to enjoy the top speed in the crawling traffic, let alone the advantage of disc brake in the rear wheel

I’d like to give mine for a day. I’m not sure with which ICE scooter your comparing it. But it’s just not true.

1 Like

Iam just comparing with the VFM Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter

It’s not ICE, but Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter :zap:

It’s a question of safety sir. A disc break is always more superior. Better breaking power. More reliable. The athers perfect weight balance makes it superior to the chetak in safety and stability.

You yourself said the pick up might be less for 2 people, I wonder if you’ve checked the pickup on the chetak. I would love to meet you at a chetak showroom and prove it wrong. Ather is loaded with features. Un necesary? Thats a personal preference.

You are talking of safety of an ABS Plastic body Scooter against Steel Body of Chetak❓

I’d like to know how did you find Chetak to be VFM? The base model, that is Urbane itself it 1.11L on road. How is it VFM? Ather is faaaaaaar better in terms of VFM.

2 Likes

Whenever I take my Ather to office, I cruise at the top speed. So there definitely are roads. Just that you may not be riding there.

Ok so features you need are not there in Ather…fair enough. But the “VFM” tag is a very subjective thing. What you see value may not be value for someone else. That’s why we have so many products and everyone is free to choose what fits their needs. I do agree with some of your points but with your post you seem to be justifying more than comparing.

That’s your personal opinion…

I’d like to know your opinion on how it’s VFM compared to Ather. The premium variant is 1.27L on road. Which is more expensive compared to Ather.

1 Like

Pl compare the features line item wise in the respective catalogues Just look at the fit & finish of Chetak, do you see any screws visible unlike in Ather. It appears that as if Ather was assembled in a hurry

Did it. I’m sorry I don’t see how you arrived at your answer :blush:

Took 5 mins sitting at home sir

1 Like

Are they visible like the ones you find on Ather??

If you’re referring to the red arrows. Then I think I’d go to extent of saying the chetak’s are more visible. Ather’s at least used some sort of cover up

1 Like

See around the Speedo. Look at the switchgear, hah. Also one glance at the Chetak’s Speedo, all the info can be got whereas, we need to toggle for the same in Ather

Yes this “sea” of info. Crammed into this black and white display Vs this Do let me know what’s missing sir, because ather will get right on it to add it :blush: wish I could say the same about the chetak

Btw in the chetak you have to toggle to see the % SOC and range in Km and toggle to see between ODO and ride sir. Ather, yes you’ll have toggle to see overloaded features that I think from what I’ve gathered are something you’ll hardly notice in your hectic daily schedule. :blush:

Sea of ‘useful’ info at ‘one glance’ :+1:

I hope you read this sir :blush:

No need to toggle, only the default range & battery bar is enough