Ather One Subscription plans

Hi Tarun/ @abhishek.balaji if the cloud charges cost around 150 only monthly, then the Ather connect plan must be made more cheaper as its a basic pack for this Smart scooter now. It should not be above 200/month incl.GST then, pls consider this soon

Data cost is on top of that. 150 does not include data and obviously no other over heads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tarun

Right now we have 10k vehicle on road. So IT development and infra cost is depend on those owners. In future if we have 50k ather on road. Then cost of IT solution will reduce and subscription plan can reduce in future right?

2 Likes

That’s the plan!

5 Likes

Hi Abhishek, This means I understand without opting for any plans can I continue to use vehicle but will get software updates pertaining to software, charger & vehicle. Only the maps & tracker will not work after the expiry of present subscription. Do Clarify what are the options available after expiry of subscription?

If you don’t opt for any subscription, you’ll be able to ride the vehicle without any issues. All connectivity related features will not work such as navigation, remote location tracking, charge monitoring, ride stats etc. You’ll still get critical software updates and patches installed manually.

5 Likes

Has anyone got the clarification from Autovert about the subscription plans? The Autovert FAQs that i received initially mention this clearly :

Autovert Plug includes the following benefits : d) All periodic services costs associated with the vehicle maintenance for the entire duration of the plan period e) All connectivity costs provided under Ather Connect (Rs.3,000/p.a worth) is included for the entire duration of the plan period

So, if I want to stay with the Ather Connect plan, I shouldn’t have to pay anything extra right? But I keep getting emails from Ather about the payment and Autovert seems to be saying that the plan was included only for the first year. I somehow feel like being taken for a ride by both the companies involved here.

I had upgraded to the Ather One plan for the first year, but realized it is not for me (I haven’t used the fast charging network ever, the closest one is over 15kms away. The reimbursement that I receive is like 120Rs per quarter, so there is no benefit for me in paying extra for this plan).

So this year, I was assuming that I would stay with the default plan that comes with the Autovert Plug plan, but they seem to be saying that even the base plan is not included, inspite of clearly saying that the base plan is included for all 3 years in the original document.

This is very frustrating and and the complete opposite of what I had experienced with Ather and Autovert during the initial months.

2 Likes

I think ather connect plan price was increased. So that u have to pay difference amount :thinking:

Hi Abishek, I am an Ather owner from Chennai. My EB charges refund for the period January to March has not been reimbursed till now, I had taken up the issue a number of times through the App and through mails. But till date i have not has not been reimbursed the amount .I am copy pasting a chain of mails that i sent and the replies received from Ather. It will show how the issue is just being dragged.

EB charges reimbursement not received for the quarter January to March 2020

Summary

Inbo x sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jun 17, 2020, 11:54 AM to Ankit

Dear Ankit,

I am V.L Sajan, Vehicle No.TN 05,BY 1170 . I would like to bring to your notice that I have not received the EB reimbursement of EB charges for the quarter January to March 2020 till date .

The EB charges for the quarter October to December has been credited in my account.in the month of January I have enclosed the screen shot of the same for ready reference.

Kindly check the same and I request you to process the same at the earliest. To make things clear I repeat that I have not received the EB charges reimbursement for the quarter January to March 2020 till date . Had a check with other Ather owners they all have received their reimbursement in the month of April.

I request you to kindly check and give me a feedback at the earliest.

Thanking you,

Regards

V L Sajan

ID 11475

TN 05 BY 1170

Ather Energy info@atherenergy.com via freshdesk.com Jun 17, 2020, 12:14 PM

to me

Hi Sajan,

Thank you for writing to us. We are checking with our concerned team to look into this. Kindly allow us 2-3 working days to get back to you on the same.

Thank you for your support! ​ Regards Aishwarya P

+91 7676 600 900 info@atherenergy.com

DISCLAIMER:The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

77173:371483

sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jun 23, 2020, 10:59 AM

to Ather

Awaiting your kind response, i have been patiently waiting for a feedback for quite some time.

Please kindly please i request you to kindly give me some sort of feedback.

Its okay if you are not able to reimburse my amount. At let me know that it is not possible for Ather to refund the EB charges , so that i will not trouble you henceforth with any mails.

I have been following this for the past two/ three months.

This is my second chain of mails asking for the status of EN reimbursement.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Please do consider my request and give me some feedback. PLEASE

Ather Energy via freshdesk.com Jul 10, 2020, 10:15 AM

to me

Hi Sajan, Greetings from Ather!

​The last reimbursement was processed against servicesbob@gmail.com and at that point, we processed this against the bank account servicesbob@gmail.com on a ICICI bank account ; last 4 digits of account number being 3293.

On Jan 6th, there was an ownership transfer from servicesbob@gmail.com to vlsajan@gmail.com. Now that you have added bank details, along with this quarter’s reimbursement, we will processing the last quarter’s reimbursement as well.

The refund should be processed in a week’s time.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Siddesh C

+917676600900 info@atherenergy.com

DISCLAIMER:The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

On Fri, 3 Jul at 11:53 AM , sajan v l <vlsajan@gmail.com> wrote:

A Gentle Reminder,

TN 05 BY1170

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020, 10:59 AM sajan v l <vlsajan@gmail.com> wrote:

Awaiting your kind response, i have been patiently waiting for a feedback for quite some time.

Please kindly please i request you to kindly give me some sort of feedback.

Its okay if you are not able to reimburse my amount. At let me know that it is not possible for Ather to refund the EB charges , so that i will not trouble you henceforth with any mails.

I have been following this for the past two/ three months.

This is my second chain of mails asking for the status of EN reimbursement.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Please do consider my request and give me some feedback. PLEASE

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 12:14 PM Ather Energy <info@atherenergy.com> wrote:

Hi Sajan,

​Thank you for writing to us. We are checking with our concerned team to look into this. Kindly allow us 2-3 working days to get back to you on the same.

​Thank you for your support! ​egards

Aishwarya P

+91 7676 600 900 info@atherenergy.com

On Wed, 17 Jun at 11:57 AM , sajan v l <vlsajan@gmail.com> wrote:

sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jul 10, 2020, 11:38 AM

to Ather

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply and feedback. A few points of clarification.

I would like to clarify that there was no ownership change, only the mail ID was changed.

The bank account details remain the same.There is no change in the bank details last 4 digits of account number being 3293.

I think this Quarters reimbursement has already been processed and credited to my bank account.So please do check and kindly process my reimbursement for the quarter January to March at the earliest

Thanking you

Sajan

TN 05BY 1170

Ather Energy via freshdesk.com Jul 11, 2020, 4:53 PM

to me

Hi Sajan,

Thanks for writing to us! The reimbursement would be done to the same account details which you have added. The reimbursement for the pending amount will be processed this week.

​ Have a nice day!

Regards,

Siddesh C

+917676600900 info@atherenergy.com

sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jul 11, 2020, 5:11 PM

to Ather

Dear Siddesh,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Sajan

sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jul 20, 2020, 6:23 PM (7 days ago)

to Ather

Hi Siddesh,

Just sending a small reminder. You had assured that the amount will be reimbursed in a week. So sending a reminder as I have not received any feedback on the reimbursement.

Regards

Sajan

sajan v l vlsajan@gmail.com Jul 24, 2020, 12:09 PM (3 days ago)

to Ather

Reminder 2, please do process the same. I am losing my patience and may have to look for other options.

Regards

Sajan

ReplyForward

They told me the same thing and I showed them the clauses in the agreement that they had sent at the beginning of the lease. They told me that they will take care of all the obligations mentioned in the Lease agreement.

They haven’t clearly told me that I don’t need to pay for the subscription to Ather, so I’m assuming this is another round about way of telling me that I have to pay up.

Very disappointed with both Autovert and Ather here. Looks like they hadn’t discussed or planned the impact of the price change on Lease customers, and now, neither of them wants to take on the extra cost, and are planning to offload it onto the customer.

1 Like

The said plans are actually costly. If you work out the actual cost of the EV and the petrol vehicle it becomes similar. Then there is actually not much of a difference in the owning of this EV. Most of the people would ist this EV for about 15-20 km per day on an average. For those these plans are actually a burden and loss making proposition to the customers.

When it’s told that there are no consumables apart from the motor, belt and the fan, then why are the plans so highly charged. Data is something that can be managed easily. Ather can make a WiFi connection than can be used by the vehicle via the customers hotspot. Not a difficult thing to incorporate into the screen. So there is no costing to Ather or to the customer. A simple plan for all. Don’t know how did ather miss this out.

You guys need to seriously think on this. Simple and easy.

3 Likes

I wasn’t following the forum/emails on the changes much, as I was thinking that the Autovert plan will take care of such niggles. It was very clearly stated in their FAQ without any conditions or (*) that all the connectivity will be take care during the entire period of lease. So on seeing this, I reached out to Autovert on Whatsapp to clarify. Autovert is now asking to refer the lease agreement, and it seems the subscriptions are not included. When I quoted the faq section and asked why this discrepancy, they are not answering and asked to send an email. I have taken a screenshot of the whatsapp conversation and sent to them. I thought Ather/Autovert will bring in a new “Apple” like experience to the scooter segment unlike the normal ICE scene, where companies and dealers are known to fleece unsuspecting customers. So even inspite of no real need of another bike/scooter for my use I jumped and joined the wagon to support a new age home grown company venturing into EV territory.

But after a year of ownership I don’t see much difference between them and any other companies, except this forum where we can at least make it heard. Whatever is the reason, Ather has already gone back on their claims/commitment on the new plans/vehicles . Autovert is no saint either and is not ready to acknowledge their commitments. Ather have prominently placed Autovert in their home page and list them as the only lease partner but don’t take any responsibility when any question raises about their services. If you are not ready own up , why don’t you remove it from the site and mention lease as just another option to owning without quoting Autovert. Let the risk be known upfront in choosing a third party vendor. Ather/Autovert might be able to justify everything if they start pointing to the different clauses in the agreements and so on. I honestly didn’t read through the whole thing in such detail and took everything at face value. But this the difference between doing things ethically and otherwise.

10 Likes

I have the same issue and I have raised a compliant for my wife’s vehicle but no resolutions at all.

As a part of lease agreement with Autovert, they will cover every 5k service charges completely and yet why should we pay Ather again for these costs.

It has to be excluded and Ather should provide an option in their subscription plan specifically for lease customers.

@abhishek.balaji @tarunsmehta @tarun

Yup I too followed up, but they said I need to buy plans from ather. Its going to be a costly affair. If I choose ather service plan then the cost of owning ather through autovert will come to 3000 per mnt. For ppl with low usage its really proves to be costly. And if we decide to return vehicle back then we loose 45k. Its a trap.

Totally with you on this and I don’t understand why Ather is not doing anything about this for lease customers!

It is highly unfair!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Battery Pack

Let me know if u hear back from ather

1 Like

Sure, I shall update here. But I’m hoping @abhishek.balaji will update us and not let us down.

Got the standard reply from Autovert that they will stick to the agreement. They are not replying to my query about the details in the FAQ. I have sent them a reply with the same question , but don’t expect a positive reply or for that matter any reply. Now I just wanted to know Ather’s stand on this issue.