Ather One Subscription plans

Received an email from Autovert today. Basically the email said that I am entitled to some of the services and excluded from some other services. I had no idea what all services I was entitled to earlier. But the email starts with the words “As you are aware Ather Energy has started offering Ather Subscriptions as a fully paid service from 1st July 2020”.

I am just into my 6th month of subscription. This is not what I had expected.

Ather connect, breakdown and service plans were included. That means going fwd we need to buy connect services from ather without which internet will not be available to vehicle. Any issues with vehicle technician visit will be charged. Autovert will take care only annual service which happens once in 5000km

You can opt for Ather Service based on your requirements. Ather Service includes all Connectivity features + Periodic maintenance, doorstep service assistance, and 24x7 road side assistance in case of emergencies.

Hey whatever plan came complimentary for a year with your Ather (Ather One/Ather Service) will still be valid for a year. Do reach out to Autovert to confirm the duration of your complimentary subscription pack and when the change would take effect.

2 Likes

This has created more confusion… The FAQ sent by Auovert at the time of leasing states the below -

What are the benefits of Autovert Plug?

1. An all-inclusive monthly fee which is affordable and predictable

2. Save on upfront costs (road tax, processing fees, insurance costs, down payment)

3. No worries about the vehicle’s service costs (battery life, replacement, depreciation, maintenance, break-downs)

2. What is included in Autovert Plug?

Autovert Plug includes the following benefits :

a) All the benefits and offers extended by Ather applicable at the time of purchase will be included

b) Comprehensive insurance - for the entire duration of the plan period the customer does not pay any insurance

c) Unlimited mileage - no cap on how many kilometers the vehicle can do during the entire duration of the plan period

d) All periodic services costs associated with the vehicle maintenance for the entire duration of the plan period

e) All connectivity costs provided under Ather Connect (Rs.3,000/p.a worth) is included for the entire duration of the plan period

3. How does the Ather Subscription plan ‘offers’ reflect in the Autovert Plug Plan

a) Ather One: For pre-orders before Nov 1, 2018 Ather One is complimentary for a year - Under the Autovert Plug Plan, this will continue to be free for the entire duration of the plan

b) Ather Service: For pre-orders after Nov 1, 2018 Ather Service is free for a year - Under the Autovert Plug Plan, this will continue to be free for the entire duration of the plan

Now we are been told to look at the agreement and only few things are included… This contradicts your first statement of An all-inclusive monthly fee which is affordable and predictable!!!

5 Likes

Hey @anandquasar,

EVs in general require far less maintenance compared to ICE two wheelers, and that holds well for the Ather 450 as well. The components and spare parts used are of high quality too.

Belts don’t need to be replaced for a few years at least. On the other spare parts as well, they don’t need to be replaced during every periodic maintenance, but only when they wear out.

All Inclusive only means that the monthly rent for lease includes On-road cost of the vehicle and the Subscription plan. So from a financial standpoint, it is all inclusive. From an owner point of view however, I do agree that for people who didn’t get Ather One, it is not really an all-inclusive package.

In my case my booking was before Oct 31 2018 and therefore everything is covered. I purchased a portable charger during delivery itself and I was given an option to include that portable charger also in the lease. It would’ve increased the lease rent by a small margin. That would’ve been even more “all-inclusive”

It is another matter that I chose not to…assuming I can continue to use the same charger for the next Ather I get after this lease is over and I return the vehicle. In Hindsight, I feel I should’ve included the portable charger also in the lease.

1 Like

This is the response from autovert

Hey @agmanoj,

Please reach out to Autovert for queries on your lease plan specifically. You can reach them at 076762 17677 between 10 am to 6 pm

I feel this has been a very Confusing bit of Communication for people like me who took it on lease. In fact, I missed it completely and in became aware where gmail flagged it automatically. Looking through the bails, I got a note from autovert that it is covered by them but they confused me further by having Don’t language about lease termination and payback.

Anyway I’ve written to them with a simple question, do I need to do anything right now?

Hey Jagan,

You can get this clarified through Autovert by reaching out to them over phone. You can reach them at 076762 17677 between 10 am to 6 pm

@abhishek.balaji Is there any way I can put my plan on safe custody. I have recharged for next 3 months. Now I am planning to go to native place and will be working from there for next few months. I will not be using Ather for next few months.

Hey Anish,

If you’re referring to pausing your plan, currently that’s not possible. You can simply shutdown the scooter and charge it up when you get back.

Hi Abhishek,

I already charged it :frowning:

Connect plan costs ₹885 including taxes per quarter. Let’s compare it with some of vodafone plans.

• ₹699 4GB per day & unltd. calls 84 days
  • ₹48 3GB data 28days validity
  • ₹98 12GB data 28days validity

Some of the features /services that Ather has listed under the Connect plan are incidental to having a data plan. Not costing Ather anything other than data.

Ather should comeup with cheaper data plan even if it means exculding some features like ride logs. The scooter has costed 1.25L and I can’t even connect my phone to it via bluetooth or mirror the screen. Both of which would have ensured on-board navigation at no additional cost instead of spending 885 per quarter.

6 Likes

Sir… Subscriptions are already highly priced. Other company electric two wheelers get an year of subscriptions free. In Ather energy, the two wheeler itself is high and the subscriptions are also high. Most the prospective customers are not booking it because of the high prices.

1 Like

The connectivity is not just limited to Data access charges. It also includes Google cloud charges for data retrieval, maps API etc. Every time your vehicle syncs with the cloud, an api is called and google charges Ather for every such call.

A Bluetooth based solution limits wireless access to the vehicle to about 15-20ft. This makes the vehicle “dumb” as soon as the phone is out of range. No Remote charge monitoring, no OTA, etc. And screen mirroring would do … just screen mirroring. If your phone battery dies your dash turns into a shiny mirror. If you ask me, it just fit the ₹200 phone holder than bother doing any screen mirroring.

The only way I see costs going down is more competition and mass production. AFAIK, We are a couple of years away from both.

7 Likes

This is correct. The bigger cost of connectivity is cloud storage and data pipeline costs. Tons of innovation here and we have been able to bring the cost (for Ather) down from 600-700/month (yeah it was terrible initially) to closer to 150/month now. Still a long way to go. Will def look at reducing pack cost if it comes below 100/month.

This is of course in addition to the cost of data which as everybody knows is 100/month and hopefully will come down more in the coming years.

12 Likes

Everything Premium Comes at a COST anyway!!!

And Ours is the Best in Class Premium Bike, so Happy to Pay for it!

4 Likes

Sir we don’t need connectivity,just need only home charging reimbursements and service charge