Ather One Subscription plans

Hey @rksingh221989,

Just to clarify further:

1. No subscription plan is mandatory. If your usage is low, it definitely doesn’t make sense to take the Ather One 360 plan, you can very well go with any of the other plans, or not opt for one at all.
  2. Ather One Service and Ather One 360 cover periodic maintenance - the scheduled servicing at 5k intervals, the consumables, labour etc. If you have any product issue, those will still be taken care of by Ather under warranty. You don’t need a service-based plan to get product issues rectified.
  3. Even if you don’t opt for any plan, you’ll still get any critical bug fixes installed on your scooter.
3 Likes

Your points are fair, and to the team’s credit, we did explore all possible options before thinking of a price increase in the plans. Unfortunately, as we looked at the usage of plans and the resultant costs for us, it wasn’t feasible to continue offering the same great experience without a minor increase in price.

It would have led to the company making losses, and we didn’t want to reduce the quality of experience to keep the same prices.

2 Likes

Definitely not the intention, and I hope I’ve answered this here:

We do not control how you use your scooter or how much you spend. The intention is to offer a hassle free experience of owning the vehicle for all different types of users. As mentioned before, no subscription plan is mandatory, it’s completely up to you to pick a plan that makes sense for you based on usage, and financially.

2 Likes

What’s the use of subscription. The network strength is very poor., and it’s still 3g. Documents uploaded a month back in mobile app, but dashboard still not able to display that. Don’t know what’s the use of RSA if we still need to pay for some services like towing. Most people opt EV basically keeping saving and spending in mind. Ur AI, IoT, Navigation will come Secondary. Ather is Good… But in this case it’s a big thumbs-up for Chetak and iCube.

3 Likes

Not at all happy with your answer @abhishek.balaji from last 6 months I have ride bike 1200 km and due to this covid I will not use the bike and I will not reach target of 5k in next 4 to 5 months so that I can recover of service charges. Coming to electricity consumption if vehicle is used less and electricity bill will be less. I think ather is it for middle class. I took bike because of less maintenance that’s not true with ather. Now we are in middle and cant go out and play with customers sentiment. Please think again and listen to voice of customers. Lost Hope and I will go ahead and cancel ather 450x

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response Abhishek.

The subscriptions are very much like Health Insurance plans. Based on the claims ratio, the premiums are decided for the future. But, these wont change every year. If it changes every year, you bought a very bad health insurance plan who priced it low just to pull you in and make it up in the future premiums.

Same here: Increasing it the very next year is not a good sign. Next year also, increase is possible with the same reason. Because in the first year, most people would not have utilised it for repairs… Now, Ather would have incurred more cost as the vehicle ages.

So, at the end of 3 years (before even Ather warranty ends), Ather One subscription would be 20k / year.

People who dont utiliize the plans more are the ones who will be affected the most… :slight_smile: Bring some incentives for No-Claim-Bonus and Continued Renewal.

Also, Quarterly billing was anyway charged more than pro-rata price of Annual. So, Quarterly plans for Ather Charge and Ather Connect should have been there.

9 Likes

We understand, for the services your providing you need to charge us. But there should be a lower plan just for data and navigation, I’m sure data wouldn’t cost more than ₹1,000 for a year. There must be an option of customisation of required services. Then we would only opt what’s usefull for us. We understand your in a business, but we invested so much amount in ather thinking it would save us cost, now every year we are paying for subscription and insurance which is expensive after paying so much for a scooter.

4 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I think its high time you need to consider our request and think again about the cost increase which will come into effect from July 1st.

1 Like

Hey folks, we’ve shared an update on the Ather One subscription plans here:

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

Before you told ather service plan has increased from 6000 to 7200(600 x 12) now your telling it is (1500 x 4= 6000) too much confusion.

1 Like

We’re holding off on the price increase for the next three months. If you have to renew now, you can renew at the below rates for this quarter (July, August, September).

1 Like

Can we pay per quater of for full year at one time?

Given the situation, this old price is available only for Quarterly renewal. Ather will review it again by October.

@abhishek.balaji For people who leased their Athers are covered by the lease contract and don’t have to pay till the contact period (3 years) for both Ather one service and connect. Would appreciate if you can categorise people (lease Vs buy) when You send out emails and reminders on this topic. Also, I believe you will work directly with lease companies to renew the subscription without our intervention. Thank you.

Hey do reach out to Autovert to confirm this. Lease plans have different bundled subscriptions depending on when you took delivery of your vehicle.

The perception of Ather of Ather Energy and it’s customers are poles apart, which is creating dissatisfaction, confusion among some current owners and prospective buyers.

In today’s world providing connected solution is not cheap. Some of the big companies might be providing them out of their pocket.

Depending on the how the 5G and smart solutions evolve, it might get cheaper down the line or might get costlier.

So, buyers have to decide do they need this Connected Solution in their daily commute vehicle. As per my needs, it is not essential for me. I’ll see how much it is going to cost for me to own Ather over other vehicles, only then I’ll take a call.

Also, it is not fair to expect Connected Solution in their scooter and Ather to bear the cost. As any other company, they have provided 1 year free Connected Solution, either continue it or drop it.

5 Likes

Today, got an email from Autovert regarding the applicable plan and duration based on the lease agreement signed by us. This has cleared the confusion created by the email sent to everyone by Ather regarding subscription renewal.

wish to know any possibility of opting for (after this quarter) service support only plan even if u want me to opt for data connect and OTA I am fine (but it never work when it is needed most due lack of 3g nw) but i don’t need ather grid fast charging which is of no use to me due unavailability of ather grid near me. (For last 16 months used only once) Even I am fine with no reimbursements for home charging.

Did anyone notice the rice of spares, 3300 for belt. @abhishek.balaji how long do you rate them in terms of Kms. When they need replacement you might feel you own a 600 cc bike or higher.

Does anyone here feel the other services cost twice as much compared to say a 125 cc scooter? Are we not taken for a ride here.

@abhishek.balaji maybe you shed some light why it so costly compared to an ICE, these parts like swing arm bush , fork seal, wheel bearing are all the same.

I find no reason why it should cost so much when other scooters cost way less for same service.

If there was no COViD I would run around every brand service centre and collect the charges data to prove my point.

5 Likes

These plans are very costly. 950 per month is too much. People who are on auto autovert, from this month they will get only service. Ather connect and road side assistance and breakdown service not included in the plan. This means apart from paying regular monthly rent. U need to purchase subscription packs. This proves very costly. Really bad decision. I had booked ather 450x I m thinking of canceling

1 Like