Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Does anyone has any idea how much is the cost per meter of extra wiring needed in case of apartment societies where distance is too long from source to parking? If anyone has already installed please share your experience regarding total cost.

1 Like

Answered here

Can anyone share how did the manage to install the charger in stilt or underground parking, where the mounting position of the charger is far from the allotted parking bay? I have a pillar which can hold the dot but that is about 3m away from the Parking Bay.

Planning to set up my DOT here. The plug point is 5A. Hope this entire place and plug is sufficient

2 Likes

:+1: more than sufficient it is just a plug and play.Hope there is proper earthing for this point, it is a must.

1 Like

The charger can’t be so far. if you don’t have any wall or pillar to mount the charger you can take the optional charger stand from Ather (at an additional cost). I don’t know the current price of that. It was ₹3,500 an year and a half ago. picture from another owner who’d got it done is shown below

3 Likes

Thank you so much Hemanth! This option of a charger stand helps a lot. I am also trying to switch parking bays, will be much simpler. Societies still are not clear on their policy to allow for setup of EV charging points and that is adding to the confusion.

4 Likes

Thank you Is there any way to check the earthing? I’m getting my Ather out of Bengaluru to Indore which is unserviceable area thus wanted to make sure everything is fine. If any problem arises, it’ll be a big issue. Request all members to guide me. :slight_smile:

Here is a article to test earthing.

2 Likes

Any other tips/things to remember or something for installing and using the DOT?

1 Like

Additional cost I had to pay for the Charger installation, in Appartment complex the distance from the meter to the parking spot will certainly be high… so keep this cost in mind as Ather does not give any discount on the additional meters of installation … so there is an expense ever after the heavy cost of the 450X

1 Like

For those who transport the Ather out of city, in an city where Ather is not present, what happens to the Dot? Is it delivered on the address or the person has to take it from Ather Space while taking the scooter,?

1 Like

We can deliver it to you at an extra cost or you can opt to pick it up when you take delivery of the vehicle.

1 Like

You could have installed with local technician

How much is the extra cost if I have to get it delivered and how much weight is it since I have to put in the flight or transport with the Ather?

It would depend on the city etc. You can reach out to customer support to know the approximate costs for shipping. You can find info on the weight, dimensions etc, in the user manual: User manuals for Dot and portable charger

1 Like

Quick question on the installation - even if there is no socket, the installation can be done directly via the electricity meter right?

1 Like

Yes but we cannot take directly from govt electricity meter

The dot comes with a Huge 15A plug. The installation by ather includes the setting up of a socket from your meter. And then they plug in the dot plug to that socket.

3 Likes

Yes thats what I figured out later… I called my local technician later and asked for a quote and they gave a quote of 3000 all inclusive for the same thing