Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

The Newly painted DOT charger, take this as fun DIY and not an actual dot from Ather

21 Likes

Looking nice But I just can’t look beyond that sticker pasted improperly. :slight_smile: Please put a layer of clearcoat and make it more glossy.

4 Likes

I hoped no one would notice it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, maybe with I paint it extremely glossy black with red vinyl Ather sticker I would get it done professionally

3 Likes

Actually, until Hemanth told, I did not notice it too. But, since then, I could not stop noticing it :smiley:

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji - One question related to dot - I already have a 450 and i am picking a 450x too and is open for payment. The total price is indicated as 165,231/- including DOT. Since, i already have a charging dock for my 450, 1 - Do i still need to buy DOT? 2. Can i use my current charging dock that is used for 450 to charge both my vehicles? 3. Will the price of the DOT be reduced from the total value? Thanks

3 Likes

If you already have the DOT, I recommend getting the portable charger for your 450x. The DOT can be used in both the 450 & 450x, however you will need to work with Customer Support to unlock the DOT from your 450 (charging points are linked to a vehicle).

However, if you have the White charging point at home, you’ll need to get a new one with your 450 as the older white points do not support 450s manufactured after Sept-Oct 2019 and the 450x.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Portable charger

Thanks @raghav.srinivasan - I have the 450 which i took delivery in June 2019, and a white charging dock. Went to Ather space on Sunday and the executive told me i will have to go for the DOT . He mentioned that 450X would not charge with the white charging dock . Hence, would rather go for it, will have 2 charging docks, DOT and the white one…

1 Like

The Series 1 Edition :grin::grin::grin:

21 Likes

I thought the dot also will be in black and red. Orange looks so odd.

2 Likes

That’s custom made… we will get regular Matt black Dot for any color or for even Series 1

1 Like

mmm, This is painted by me, Ather will give you the classic grey dot only with 450x, also this is vinyl red finished, after gloss spray paint, maybe the image looks a bit orange, but trust me it’s ferry red in colour

2 Likes

Do we get wires or other things with the Dot even if we are taking the Dot to other city? Or a manual?

2 Likes

We do get a manual along with dot.

However regarding cable and accessories, if it is in serviceable area and we opt for ather to install then we get around 5 meters additional cable and accessories which the service person brings along and install. If the distance to source and dot is more than 5mtrs they charge on prorated basis at actuals.

Otherwise we can get it done by our own with a local electrician or by own. We do not get cables and accessories in this case.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Thank you. What all should I get from Ather then while taking the delivery?

2 Likes

Just the vehicle. Dot will be delivered to your address. Via courier service before you get your vehicle delivered. Even they complete the installation (if we opt for that from ather) before the vehicle is delivered. We shall be getting a call regarding the same. You can always take a call to do installation by your own or ather team to do no need to take the decision at the time of purchase.

1 Like

Actually, I’m taking it to another city that’s why asked.

You can do it by own no special accessories required. I did mine myself and many do it by own its a simple straight forward connection from source. If you have a plug point then just a plug and play. You may require a drill machine to make holes to fix the dot thats it. Dot gets delivered to the billing address.

1 Like

Okay! Thank you. It gets delivered even if Ather is being taken out of serviceable area?

1 Like