Ather 450X Discussions

This would look dope!! Hope this is done to those collector edition ones :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi I already pre-ordered Ather 450, was scheduled for a delivery Jan to March. Now 450X came, I pre-ordered that too y’day by paying 2.5K.

I have 3 questions:

1. Will there be a big time delivery delay ? will it not be between Jan and March? What is the ETA?

2. 450X is how much more expensive?

3. what happens to my 5K that I pre-ordered 450? Will it get refunded?

Thanks
Vamsee

1 Like

You’ll get to know about both of these when we unveil in a few weeks.

If you choose to cancel your pre-order, you can get a full refund :slight_smile:

Question 1 & Question 2 Will be answered when Ather reveals more details in “some” weeks Question 3 If you cancel 450 and purchase 450x, you’ll get back â‚č 5000. If you cancel 450x and purchase 450, you’ll get back â‚č 2500. If you purchase both, you’ll get back â‚č 0

1 Like

Why is there so much suspense around this? I really hope it’s a good suspense :slight_smile:

I seccond that thought , The market has always been like that and this is something people have to live with , No company annouces their future products its only the trends based on we anticipate a new model is coming or will be released, The only stuff i feel is wait times to get 450 but that’s what you have signed up for Ather isn’t a mass manufacturer yet and product deliveries are delayed previously as well, Imagine a mass manufacturer getting 450 in market you buy it and get it in two weeks, later new model come you are fine since you got and rode the scooter all the way to this point in time.

3 Likes

New is not always good. Legacy is called a legacy for a reason and also since it’s proven. I like to take a chance but not gamble. Let’s hope it’s not a gamble and it’s a pleasant surprise indeed. Good luck to the company I believe in clean env. End of the day the suspense shouldn’t result in we strive and they thrive.

Ather is going into mass manufacturing with the new plant near hosur !

2 Likes

Yupp i meant from their inception until now ( which is going to change soon )

1 Like

By the delivery trend i am sure they will be able to deliver 450X only in the 2022 on wards. So enjoy your 450 till then. :wink:

Heard a few points about the 450x from the service team here to pick up my bricked 450.

1. It’s going to be a new design.(It is apparently still under works)
  2. It will have some sort of automation with sensors for the charging port.(This was told to me while the team was working hard on unlocking the solenoid from my 450)
  3. Color options will include some shade of blue.
  4. Touch interface might go away, UI navigation only using buttons.
  5. Change from a belt drive system to a chain drive system.
  6. Similar to the updated 450s, AC to DC conversion outside the vehicle on the Ather DOT.
6 Likes

All 26 by 2030 to our hands??? :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ha Ha
 New plant in Hosur is on the way, if it is up and running in near by months, then we may get 450X by 2nd quarter of 2020

1 Like

If they are doing all this for the 450X, then I’m so excited and pissed at the same time :expressionless::unamused:

I’m still wondering why I didn’t get a flair/badge after preordering the 450X :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhh I think the touch interface is quite a looker and attention seeker , Sad if this is gone :frowning:

2 Likes

I feel so dissappointed that the rolled out scooters are not upto the mark and they are just launching a new version.
Moreover it has just been 1.5 months since i got my scooter and @Ather.Team is launching a new scooter
Atleast if they had informed us during the 10 day hault in september we would have waited for a few more months rather than getting a scooter which is having so many problems and has been rode only for 1.5 months.
Very dissappointing @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

Not what I heard from the team, but if that’s the case. It can’t be called a variant of the 450 I don’t think Ather will ever move to a chain drive. No scooter has a chain drive. And in EVs I know of only the UV F77 has a chain drive and has got some criticism on the matter. I think that’s unlikely. It would make sense if they took away the touchscreen. Mass market. Cutting some costs will make a lot of sense.

My thoughts I feel like Ather doesn’t have a product yet. Since they had no idea in December that they’ll be going by this expansion plan. Unless they lied to us at the owners meet, they must have thought of it only recently to fix all the shortcomings of the Ather 450 ( hence the Twitter post by @tarun to start at the drawing board to fix everything ). I think we’re quite far from the actually product deliveries. It’s likely they’ll be starting it from the new plant which is a good 6-8 months away from what I’ve heard and read. I’m starting to believe this unveil for owners and followers was just telling us that they have started working on a new product. Time will tell.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pre-order Invite Codes

IMHO Ather will not create so much buzz and hype for a product which is still on paper and not even in alpha stage , They must have done some homework especially if they are working on a souped up version of 450 they have every thing in place its just fitting better parts and upgrade the model eliminating known issues and they have lot of user feedback and data so it shouldn’t be very hard.

If they would have built something new from scratch why they would name it 450X ?

My guesses

1. Minor tweaks in design overall looks may remain same unless Ather gets Over Enthusiastic

2. 1st concern with current 450 is Range so definitely a Bigger Battery or Better Chemistry, Updates to Motor specs.(With Competition heated up from Bajaj Chetak with 95Kms advertised Range Its a need of time to remain competitive)
    3 Better thermal stabilization for battery and motor (may be liquid cooling)
    4 New Dashboard with better processor and memory with same UI.
    5 4G Connectivity , Enters Bluetooth
    6 Better Brakes and Tyres
4 Likes

If touch interface will not be there 
then its a big disappointment then rather i will go for 450 only

3 Likes