Ather 450X Discussions

I think,
~ 450 will be before April 2020 u will get…
~ 450x u have to wait up to Dec 2020…
~ 450x price minimum 1lks
~ both pre order amt will be refundable…

2 Likes

The only requirement I am waiting for is more range, everything else is mostly negligible or manageable.

• The 3G to 4G, I think its not that big a deal as we are not gonna watch videos on scooter. And if in the near future 3G phases out completely, then its Ather’s responsibility to find another solution. So, we shouldn’t worry much about it as we paid for a connected scooter
  • Rest the screen freezing, motor cutting off, loose panels etc and all those issues are fixable and it is their plan to fix all those issues, I don’t think Ather has plan to leave the current scooter unstable with all the issues and releasing a stable scooter. I am sure no one will be quite if they do that. They are ought to make the current scooter stable enough as long as we are paying for the subscription and are still under warranty
  • The Power in the current scooter is more than enough for Bengaluru streets, I am sure they’ll not go too insane like 90NM torque figures and all for the X, it might just better than the current. Again, this doesn’t add much value to me.
  • Design wise as it is being called the 450X, it should have some additional graphics and shades in my opinion
  • More intelligence mostly means more sensors and a better software, hardware yes we are left with the current one, but software can be upgraded for sure

So, as long as the range is 120 - 130+ (ECO mode), I’ll upgrade it. And if the collectors edition is a collectible, then again i’ll think about it. All in all I am trying to say, the current purchase isn’t that bad and we shouldn’t be very sad about it. A little sad is fine just because ours is already outdated :wink:

9 Likes

Additionally,
7. Ladies footrest,
8. Mobile control implementation.
9. Etc

3 Likes

I’m sure there’s a lot of range added.

2 Likes

From FAQs

2 Likes

Ather says Few Weeks for further update… weeks can b multiplied to months also… I.e just to give Price, Looks & Features… then Months for delivery… At least they should Announce pricing & features in days to come… So it would b easy to decide as already i have my payment window open

Agreed if this is a teaser they could have teased on specs and range…

1 Like

Would Ather service the regular Ather 450 in coimbatore?

I have a feeling the 450X will be black or dark grey like the DOT with yellow accents. (Because of the logo and the flair on forum for those who’ve prebooked)

Also might have minor visual changes to the existing shape of the 450 :thinking: I feel like they’ve been planning this new scooter for a while now, ever since around the launch of the DOT maybe or earlier?:thinking:

I could also be completely wrong.

3 Likes

Considering Ather 450 v1 charges faster than 450v1.1, new is not better in every way :wink:

2 Likes

I was told that existing motor on 450 can go as fast as 150 kms per/hr but is restricted due to regulations.
All you need is a change the values from cut off at 90 to higher value . No doubt Range would be cut down .
Im expecting a more stable refined scooter without major software and hardware issues with better range (150 kms would be a good range )Charge once a week .

2 Likes

Hmm if ather can get the range increased anywhere 120 to 150 which in turn can go up to 100kms as True Range then 450x is going to blow the EV scooter competition away…

2 Likes

Just Confused on the naming…
450 stands for 4 kW motor and 50ah battery…
So will 450x have the same motor and battery unlocking some power of the motor with dashboard changes (4g, faster processor etc)

3 Likes

Is it ? It’s 3.3kW/5.4kW(peak)

I don’t think the range will change so much. Else they would have mentioned it by now since theyve already said it’s more powerful. I think essentially the scooter might be the same but some performance enhancement from the motor, maybe they’ll put the 450 on a bit of a diet.

1 Like

Yeah… It is some sort of round off, ather 340 named after 3kw motor and 40ah battery…

The 340 had the exact same battery as the 450. So no. That doesn’t really make sense.

2 Likes

Going by current naming convention if Ather could increase the range with same battery and motor via sw updates i do not see any reason for holding that out for current 450s on road , There’s certainly hw limitations with current motor and battery capacity and again Indian Motor laws do not allow changes to power train of a tested and approved production vehicle , So if i think back in time Ather must have done thier best of thier ability for current 450 range and performance… Now they have gathered enough experience and may have worked out better solutions to increase range keeping 450x name gives a sense of upgrade.

On other thoughts if they aren’t working on increasing range of 450x and continue with same setup which is quite unlikely then there’s no need of 450x as 450 is powerful enough for a scooter and range is the most important point today in ev market that’s a real selling point i beleive ather must have realised this from customer feedback…

1 Like

Even 450 has 2.7kwh battery but it is capped to 2.4kwh which is 48v x 50ah…
For 340 the same battery is capped to 40ah which means 48v x 40ah = 1.92 kwh…

That is the reason for lesser range in 340 even with less powerful motor

1 Like

I really wish that they work on range rather than torque or top speed , Bangalore is a mega city and with the kind of traffic we have the most important grudge i have with current 450 is range ,Can i do a to and fro from Whitefield to Electronic City on current 450 in single charge ? Quite unlikely and looking at Forum as well Range is indeed the most discussed topic … My bet on 450x will be range if they don’t increase it ,I’ll wait for next gen of scooter from ather.

2 Likes