Ather 450X Discussions

Let me give an example,
We know when Apple is gonna launch a new phone, The older model gets a price cut, Press invites are sent out indicating that a new launch is happening. That was not the case here…

Imagine a person who bought an iPhone 11 pro paying 1 lakh and next day Apple launches the iPhone 12! Even if they had launched the iPhone 12 at 1.2 lakh, this fanboy would definitely pay that 20k extra to gain access to new features. Even if there were no major new/extra features the fanboy would blindly pay that 20k to ensure he has a new model.

There’s also that waiting period, people who have paid and waiting for deliveries scheduled in January would have pre-ordered way back in September - October. They are getting an OLD 450 after waiting 3-4 months and have to live with that if the upgrade options are not feasible and friendly. If Ather informed that there is a new launch in Q1 2020 we could have seen some pre-orders happening for the 450X’s instead of the 450.

2 Likes

I am waiting for a superbike to be launched by Ather just like emflux !

1 Like

Yes, the battery warranty will have you covered for the first three years. We’re working on feasible for existing customers.

OTAs will be rolled out as well, as long as you’re part of the subscription plans with new features and updates.

4 Likes

What I expect from 450X.

1. Dual channel ABS

2. Smartphones like touch response

3. Faster processor

4. Bigger battery

5. Higher capacity motor

6. More torque

7. Proper cable management

8. Rat Proof

9. New mirror design

10. Wider 14 inch tyres

11. Powerful Headlights

12. Custom REGEN

13. Usb socket in boot

14. Hazard light function

15. Side stand sensor

16. 4g connectivity

17. Cruise control

18. Redesigned front n back mud flaps

19. Redesigned seats

20. Illuminated switch keys

21. Higher water wading limits

22. Redesigned battery cooling system

23. Redesigned motor cooling system

24. Smart key

25. Portable fast charger support

26. 450✈️ 450X🚀

21 Likes

I meant battery replacements and other things. Basically since the regular 450s won’t be the priority anymore. Just wanted to know how we’ll be dealt with after the 450X. Good to know the OTAs will go on. Thank you

4 Likes

@udayt_7 I totally agree with you Ather’s marketing team should have done a better job of teasing/spec leaks about the product beforehand, they just randomly announced a whole new lineup in a matter of two days essentially it’s a m finger to whomever who booked the vehicle in December :man_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Lol, Most of these features will be coming the next series of Athers,
450X is just an enhanced version of the 450.
Although you can always “expect” :wink:

1 Like

We may never know whats in store , Ather team has never failed to surprise us :wink:

1 Like

I hope the 450X has a better touch response and preferably an LED touch panel, better cooling for the motor/quieter fans, 4G network modem with a better network provider, ambient light sensor for automatic brightness of the screen and a damn USB port.

1 Like

May be it is a trike
Except for center stand

On 2nd jan I received my Ather450 Booking Payment Opening link on email. It said 16th is the last day to pay, Right now in another 8 days and I get my vehicle in 15-20 days Yesterday you guys introduced with no other details and I booked that also.

Now I have questions to decided i want to 450 or 450X

1. What could be the cost of 450X. Is it around 450 price.
    2)Does My old Ather450 booking remain ( 15-20 days delivery) after I make the payment (post 8 days on initial booking) after I know more details about 450X?

Update - Speculation on this above link - X going to cost 1.3 to 1.4 lakhs.
What more it has?

3 Likes

Do we know the specs? No
Do we know the price? No
Do we know the upgrade program details? No
Do we know the timelines of delivery? No
Do we know if the 450 be phased out entirely? No

With so many things unknown It’s better to play the waiting game than worrying now itself. Like @Rahul has listed down his expectations, I too have some expectations. Only if 450x meets or exceeds those expections, I’ll upgrade, not otherwise. it should be compelling enough.

Many people have written that they know when a new iphone will be launched and there will be invites sent before that. Isn’t this exactly that? we’ve been informed, we have been give options to preorder. it’s been more than a year since the 450. This is probably also an indication that there’ll be probably a 560 next year and then 560x the year after.

I’ve also pre-ordered…The pre-order is to be higher in the queue in case i decide to upgrade. I didn’t “express interest” during the 450 and I couldn’t be the first ones to own a 450. I don’t want that to repeat.

Also this scenario was exactly the reason why I purchased my 450 on Lease …I’ve greater freedom/possibilities to upgrade.

But I’m clear on one thing…in quotes and in bold…“Unless it meets my expectations/needs, unless it makes financial/technological sense, I won’t upgrade to a 450x”.

13 Likes

THIS is what a lot of the early adopters have done. I’ve booked a spot in the queue for the X.

Unlike @hemanth.anand , Now that Coimbatore is in the pipeline, I may move the current 450 to Coimbatore for my mom to use and keep the 450x here.

6 Likes

Hi,

I pre-ordered Ather 450 on 8th December 2019 with order ID 18216 with delivery schedule of Jan-Feb 2020.

Exactly a month later, I have pre-ordered 450X through invitation with order ID 22693.

Wondering if 450X would be offered for delivery around delivery of 450. Would be happy to opt for 450X. I can’t wait for longer as I have put up my Vespa for sale and I should hand over it by February end.

Regards

3 Likes

When you say it is available for all cities, how are you planning to do the service for outside Bangalore and Chennai?
I want to buy one for my hometown in Manipal.

@pkg7723
Nobody will buy in forum we can try selling outside to people who are in need of 450… :joy: :joy: :joy:

There are many people who like 450 only cost is something bothering them… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Regarding the number of pre-orders pan India is it really 20k + … or did the counter start from 20k?

1 Like

It’s started from 20k i guess :wink:

1 Like

Very sad my bike registration completed and got number plate as well and yesterday announcement disappointed me and there is no excitement to collect my vehicle.

Okay. What solution do you propose? If you are running a tech company and you have a new and improved product in the pipeline (which you should have!), are you going to announce it before its ready for the market?

Tell me what would you do.

Also, you didn’t give Ather free money. You bought a product that you thought is worth your money. They didn’t give you a promise that they wouldn’t come out with a better one. This is how life works. I know I’ll be sad if a better product came out just after I made a purchase. But its one of those things you have to just live with.

4 Likes