Ather 450X Discussions

Manufacturers generally give warranty period less than the actual degradation of the material. like headset for 6month , charger for 1year, mobiles for 1 year… in these cases, In normal condition you wont be able to make use of warranty. So Ather given 3years means generally Battery wont degrade below 70% before 3 year of use.

RTO charges 4% for electric vehicles?? correct?

Ather one plan… 8400/year + GST

Anybody here with a 2018 or an early 2019 450? Can you please shed some light on battery and range degradation over an year/no. of km?

I purchased on Apr 2019… it ran almost 9500km… but still i can see 55km full charge… No idea how to check degradation of the battery.

2 Likes

Yes thats true :slight_smile: But I think in case of build/technical issue we can make use. Also even after slight degrade it is upto user to replace or not

Dont know exact charges ( RTO,insurance,Registration). If that is also added, it will be more accurate

1 Like

It is like the Chicken and Egg situation. Ather gives less range in their scooter, so users try to use it as much as possible within the city to avoid getting stuck on the highway. Ather analyzes this data and decides that users don’t need more range and concentrates more on making the scooter faster instead of making it go longer :joy: .

8 Likes

like this bike a lot.

1 Like

I have pre-ordered 450X from Kochi, As per Feb 2 discussion forum, you guys are planning for next launch in cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Will the pre-ordered users like us from the cities like Kochi will get vehicles at the time of the launch or do we have to wait until you guys open showroom in tier 2 cities.

Sorry the paste table did not work.
I have made an assumption that within 4 to 5 years under subscription you get a new battery based on 1580 per month for battery for 4 years i have arrived at the residual cost for battery.

Also 10k kilometers per year for 5 years is the assumption. If you run more you breakk even with a petrol scooter faster.

I still think 450x pro is worth the premium due to its ride and character, but i deleted 450 plus from this table earlier since personally i think it is useless. So can’t show the figures, but it was around 10k difference to pro in both modes of purchase.

Also there is an advantage of interest accumulated for lower upfront cost. But i excluded it here, because it was making the numbers too complicated. Example for pro upfront you pay 60k lesser but at the end of first year you would pay 24k for subscription and at the end of 3 years you will end up paying more money. If you continue to subscribe for 5 years, the interest effect turns 0. Whereas if you buy an ntorq you get around 30k in interest in your pocket for the difference amount. It is more useful for people doing loan purchase.

4 Likes

As a matter of fact, ather is reportedly looking at a yearly plan which will further reduce costs. Either way, this should explain how the 450X has a justifiable price.

Small adjustments that I say were that the ather one yearly plan will be 8,400/year + 18% GST ~10,000 and, you might want to add about 10,000 for the ex-showroom prices for both the subscription plan upfront cost and the one without the subscription. Either way, this goes to show that the 450 isn’t any cheaper as it seems to be.

1 Like

How about considering the least of the plans i.e. 3000/year+GST plus on demand service cost? Also, consider the economies of scale when it comes to price of the battery after 4th year, and also the competition at that time :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What software & maintenance cost differs from PLUS to PRO ??? You yourself admitting that the bike is same in both plans.

Is the software costs more in PRO cause they might be using the GPS Navigation or bluetooth ??
Is the maintenance costs more cause they might go faster in PRO model and drain the batteries faster ?

You are saying “Enabling higher torque, more range, and more power on the scooter does make an impact on the battery, even if it’s minor, and this has an impact on the cost.”
Is the battery very delicate\Fragile ??? cause you (Ather Team) seems to be more concerned about battery from the Day 1 of Ather 450x Launch. At the same time you are stating that the battery is a state of the art technology and also improved capacity & form factors and you also compared it with TESLA.

I mean you are charging users in the name of subscription mainly for the battery (Infinite battery)
or Giving battery only 3 years warranty if you are paying full amount in one time payment.

By reading all these it is giving me an impression that Battery might worn out soon and because of that you are you are charging the users. But in the current market other companies are providing minimum 5-8 years or 50000 -1,50,000 kms for the battery warranty & also the motor warranty and there are no subscription plans at all. It is just pay the money and be the owner of your bike.

Best of luck with your sales strategies(Monthly Subscriptions \Yearly plans).

3 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

5 Likes

Thank you for information.
From the table itself amount difference is clear and 450X is more costlier than others, with sub even more. (without sub 50k? for battery is optional)
And considering short duration users like me petrol cost will not come as you stated, it will per month 700 x 12 x 5 = 42000 only, Ather have no such plan like that, even if you ride one day you have to pay entire month subscription :tired_face:
Ultimately the cost of 450X will be double than ICE at end of 5 year.
So if you have money to spend and strong wish to have it go for it.

2 Likes

Long time lurker here. Like everyone else, disappointed with the pricing. I would probably cancel my order very soon.

I’m having trouble in understanding the market segment Ather is trying to capture. Especially for a scooter with small wheels. All the performance metrics make sense when you are trying to build a sporty fast electric bike with bigger wheels and a body that can withstand more beatings. Scooters for a long time are being used by casual riders for within city commuting. I don’t think I’ll ever care about a 1-2 sec improvement in acceleration while driving in a congested city like Bangalore. Personally, this isn’t for me.

11 Likes

Could have waited for the T-shirt :thinking: !!

1 Like

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji
I had booked Ather 450 (Order ID 14948) and 450x(Order ID 22348). My payment window for 450 has opened. But i m dilemma whether to take 450 or 450x. Till i got all information regarding loan,leasing, subsciption, collectors edition details for ather 450x i m not in position to go ahead with payment for ather 450.
I has few questions related to this so that i may go further-

1. Whether the payment window for Ather 450 is having expiry?

2. Onroad Price details (Split up cost) of Ather 450 and Ather 450x for chennai city?

3. Purchase options for Ather 450 and Ather 450x?

4. Delivery date for Ather 450x for my Order ID (I understand that deliveries begin by Q3, 2020. I need to know about my case for chennai city).

5. Compare the subsciption details for Ather 450 and 450x?

6. Details on Collectors edition and what extra i will get as i ordered before official launch of 450x?

7. As i have a transferrable job, What can i do if I got transferred to any other city (including Ather non support city) after 1year or so?

8. I booked the same for my wife. When I need to give the details of person on which registration to be done?

9. I read and participated in AMA, but needs to clarify on the above for my case?

10. How long i need to wait to get full clarity/details on Ather 450x including subscription, out right purchase,lease/loan,support at non-support city etc ?In unsupported city,is there any option for update/bug fixes other than thru OTA as 450x has feature of bluetooth and WiFi?

11. If I decided to purchase Ather 450 and forego Ather 450x, What is the formality and how to go about further including payment, Dot installation,registration etc?

12. What are the updates planned for Ather 450 and when I lose support for the same as i heard that Ather 450 production is going to be stopped.

13. My wife owns Okinawa Praise scooter and was eligible for FAME I subsidy (but awaiting credit of FAME -1 amount from dealer). The scooter belongs to Kerala registration. Is she eligible for FAME-2 subsidy. Also is she eligible to get tamilnadu state govt subsidy for working womens along with FAME-2 subsidy?

14. If there is deadline for payment window, can i pause/freeze payment window till i got clear picture from ather team for 450x. Or can i transfer amount to ather 450x and freeze delivery of ather 450 till i get clear information on ather 450x?

15. I understand that for tamilnadu registration for EV, road tax is exempted. But in payment splitup it is shown. Why is it so?

Please give as full information as possible so that i can do the needful.

1 Like

@tarun @abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team **Please try to build lower edition dummy ather which make affordable to large customers. this will also crash all other EV bikes in city. Just make a bike infusing little intelligence to it without subscription ** You can open separate division to sell and maintain dummy bike.

let 450/450x other upcoming ather may be under superior division.

You’ll get a faster delivery if you complete your full payment within 15 days of it opening, since we have visibility into the stock. You can make your payment later as well, but the delivery timelines would change.

We don’t have this info available now, we’ll let you know after get the necessary regulatory approvals in each city.

For 450: Loan, Lease and upfront payment For 450X: Battery subscription, Loan, Lease and upfront payment

Q3 2020 as of now, we’ll announce the exact dates soon.

You can check this for the pricing options for 450X: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Details on 450 pricing are available on the website: Ather Energy - Building fast and intelligent electric scooters in India

You can continue to use the scooter and connected services if you are in an area with 3G network support. For servicing, you’ll have to get your scooter into the serviceable area and schedule a request.

The team will reach out to you for these details, you share the details then.

Again, if you’re taking connectivity as an option, and your city has 4G, you can use it. 450X Pro has Bluetooth, but OTA updates are possible through 4G only.

Complete your payment and the process of registration etc begins for the 450. You can cancel the 450X pre-order and you’ll get a refund on that.

There are some new features, fixes and improvements coming to the 450 soon, apart from the optional 4G upgrade. Over the next few months, you’ll see:

1. Dark Mode
  2. Smart Charging reminders (if your vehicle is low on battery)
  3. Smart Navigation reminders
  4. Better Keyboard on navigation (on dashboard)
  5. Overhauling the app (some of the above features will be through the app)

We’ll keep you posted as and when we’re releasing these features :smiley:

The service and spare parts support will be available for the lifetime of the scooter.

FAME subsidy can be availed once per person for a two wheeler and once for a four wheeler. So if it’s already been availed, you won’t be able to avail it again.

Answered in #1

The policy isn’t implemented yet, so we’re still showing it as part of the pricing. If it’s ratified, we’ll update our pricing immediately.

1 Like

The vehicle is designed to be a 450X Pro today from the hardware point of view. In the future, we might separate out the hardware for the 450X Plus. For us, the entire hardware costs of the 450X Pro help us justify its price. The 450X Plus is being sold at a lesser price, despite it being more expensive simply as a way to kickstart its sales.

Coming to the price. The price of the 450X Pro is INR 1.59 lakhs - this includes battery warranty. We are confident of the battery and that is why provide an unlimited kms warranty for 3 years. However, there are folks who are worried about the battery, especially over a longer ownership tenure (5+ years). The 99K plus battery subscription applies to them - in fact, keeping the promise of performance for 5 years or 10 years is a huge promise in the Electric world.

Keep in mind, the vehicle warranty applies in both cases - so you don’t have to worry about Motor etc. Coming to 5-8 years of warranty offered by any other company - that is hard to comment upon without seeing actual instances. At the high performance that the Ather batteries provide, I cant imagine anyone making a warranty promise of 8 years at the base price.

The point is - I know there is always a bit of a shock the first time you encounter a price. But, keep in mind that the 450X is easily one of the quickest scooters out there. For the first time, you have an Electric scooter that far outperforms any other scooter. In fact, to get a small taste, I request you to go take a test ride of the 450 itself and then decide for yourself how that feels.

2 Likes