Ather 450X Discussions

Open house was good but nothing is going to change in terms of pricing, it was a clarification on increase in price of vehicle.

5 Likes

The session was quite well laid out (and surely clarified details much better than the original launch, as @tarun himself acknowledged :wink: ) and gave details regarding the upgrade plan and Collector’s Edition model (“inside out”). All in all, one key fact to take away: Ather was burning money for every 450 it sold at that rate and it was unsustainable. While the initial pricing was to get a foot in the door in the market and also collect valuable info to develop a more fine-tuned model on the long run (i.e. 450X), this wasn’t a feasible pricing strategy and they had to at some point start selling the scooter at a rate that is closer to what they actually spend to build one (i.e. around 1.9L). Fair point, if you ask me. In fact, as they pointed out, even TVS (that a lot of people on this forum are considering), is burning cash selling their e-scooters at the current rate and I feel can be expected to increase the price sooner than later.

4 Likes

They said nothing changing for coming 6 months, but things are in consideration.

Because it is not actually ‘WiFi’ as we think of it, and instead a lower powered version of it, as Tarun mentioned in the Q&A at the end of the Bengaluru event today. It is there to assist bluetooth and not a full fledged WiFi system that is needed to do a lot of the stuff being asked for on the forum.

1 Like

One important development after today’s budget so, from April 2020 if I opt the new tax structure will I be getting subsidies as with new tax structure I cannot have the deductions and exemptions under the I-T Act.

I strongly disagree Snapdragon 212 is a FULL system on chip or SOC, you may call it
you just need programming to drive to chip nothing more
here is the link to company’s specification
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qualcomm-snapdragon-212-mobile-platform

1 Like

Pricing in AMA still sounds like new direct code tax system presented in budget today.

1 Like

Hi

Today i saw brown matt ather 450 EV in Girinagar Bangalore. But Now only Availble white in Ather showroom. How is possible. I could not take pic. Due to traffic. or 450X on road testing?

Some folks have done a vinyl wrap

There is no such thing as a full fledged wifi and assist wifi, its the same hardware. It boils down to software. If they want to they can implement all the wifi potential. But they want to do everything in cloud, which means they get monthly revenue from Ather connect plans and user data, ride stats etc. But atleast they are going to make the Ather plans optional.

4 Likes

This is legal?

2 Likes

That is a very good question.

I believe it is a grey area. Technically you are not changing the color of the bike and the wrap is a removable layer on the original paint.

But then i am no legal authority on RTO rules/laws and i can only suggest that you get it verified with the RTO office.

3 Likes

Good points, actually. I think the @Ather.Team would be best placed to answer this rather than me making wild guesses. From the discussion at the open house, I just interpreted it must probably be something along the lines of Wi-Fi HaLow, but I’m no expert in this, so can’t say anything beyond what I heard (which in itself might not be accurate) :sweat_smile:

Guys who have ather450 when you do charge at home how many units does it take for a full charge approx just wanted to see what is the cost for charging … I usually travel for work 30kms per day

1 Like

i use a SonOff POW wifi switch that tracks power usage as well on my home charging point. On an average it consumes about 1 unit per hour.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

I had placed an order for ather 450 on the 2nd of jan 2020. 2nd week i placed an order for the 450x by paying 2500 extra…
i would like to know whats the wait time!!

Definitely Ather did not target the mid range buyers and those who are trying to reduce the petrol and maintenance costs. But targeting high end customers mean, you gotta launch and make it available sooner than this. Rich people don’t like to wait this long :joy::joy:

1 Like

Almost 3 units.