Ather 450X Discussions

Exactly bro and keep current subscription as 450 has I am ready to throw that 1.3L for 450x pro if Ather gets it priced right ,A simple thing Ather screwed up so badly…

4 Likes

Let’s keep this thread for discussions on the 450X. You’re welcome to share criticisms, but do avoid posts that add no value to the conversation.

11 Likes

I can understand that part, I am not the only one who is criticising there are many peoples and yes whatever I posted it’s valuable because I believe many peoples are having problems, doubts having on ATHER and no one here is having a time to waste that’s why people are investing their time, money & efforts in posting here to get their doubts clear and helping others to showing the correct path instead of playing with people minds.

1 Like

9 months as of Jan 20th. I was part of the preorder group. Booked in July 2018, Waited 9 months, took delivery on April 20th 2019.

2 Likes

@crispypoppadom Are you seriously saying this thing?? you got the delivery of ATHER baby after 9 months seriously?? I booked it in December 2019??

1 Like

I believe those of us who preordered in the early days had a longer waiting time because they were ramping up production. But from what I hear, these days the waiting time is much lower, right?

4 Likes

Yes. This was because they were new and just starting out. So there were some things they didn’t account for earlier, such as quality of imported/manufactured chips and parts. They had to hire more people and post them at the manufacturing plants to check quality of parts before sending them to assembly. I was supposed to get it by Jan, but it got pushed to April. But I’m glad I waited. It was worth it. Now the waiting period from booking to having your payment gateway opened is probably 2-3 months at most.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind can you share your experience of ATHER with us, we are excited to know about it, is it worth to invest in ATHER?

So you also should wait for 9months for the baby :smiley::smiley:

Is it that the deliveries of 450X will commence only from July 2020 EVEN for early birds who ordered within a week of announcement of pre-orders?

Ather website states FAME II incentive is included in the price in the outright sale price of 1,59,000 and 1,49,000 for Pro and Plus.

For Subscription - It is possible as the total price is 99,000. But, not sure how it was applicable for outright purchase.

There are 2 possibilities.

Case 1 - FAME 2 was included. But Ather did not consider the 1.5L ex-factory price limit or there is change in FAME 2 rules which we do not know

450X Pro:
Ex-factory Price - 1,79,048
GST - 8,952
Price Including 5% GST - 1,88,000
FAME 2 Subsidy - 29000
Price After Subsidy - 1,59,000

Case 2 - FAME 2 not applicable. But Ather mentioned it as mistake

450X Pro:
Ex-factory Price - 1,51,429
GST - 7571
Price Including 5% GST - 1,59,000

Then Pro model is just 9k above the FAME 2 eligibility cap of 150,000.
Also, 450X factory price shot up by 54k when compared to Ather 450.

I think it should be Case 1. Only Ather team can confirm which one is correct.

@abhishek.balaji Is the subscription plans are fixed to certain time frame (Plus and Pro) or it does not have any timeline? Till I use the bike I should pay that amount ?

Well if you don’t want their services you can opt for 3k a year plan, their most basic plan for updates and ride tracking.

1 Like

not really i think it is as below i have removed gst to make it simple
option 1:
128 k factory price
after subsidy 99k
outright purchase of pro subscription - 60k (at 18% gst since it is a service

option 2
150 kk faactory price
121 k sticker price

• charger 6k
  • showroom overhead x
  • first year ather services y

added to 159k

I think option 1 is the most feasible. other wise as i mentioned in my previous post it will be difficult to get subsidy.
This is why the marketing is always mentioning 99k.

1 Like

Anyone who have not received mail confirmation for tomorrow’s event?

Didn’t recieve any mail at all regarding tomorrow’s event

1 Like

You might be right. Ather might have split it into product and service…

But Option 1 can’t get 29k subsidy with that factory price… But, it could be something on that line.

Correct!! To get 29k subsidy the factory price must be 145k.

123.75k factory gets you to 99k after subsidy

Not everyone wants that, for me a once vehicle is sold outright, I must not pay the company every month to use it.
We all know how much is data plans of every 4g provider in India. 3k a year is still expensive compared to the reality and its not like one is going to use the data connection for other purpose.

They are loosing what EV vehicles stands for lower running cost be it in cost of electricity vs fuel or the minimal service/maintence cost vs IC vehicle components.

There are other means to generate revenue but what ather is doing so is at cost of making EV unattractive for the vast majority. Look at Tesla they even opened up their patents to increase other manufactures to start making EV.

At current pricing strategy of 450x, I am not sure they will sell enough to justify a new hosur plant.

If they want additional revenue they could even start selling good quality apparel with ather logo, instead of ather ads online, ather could launch power banks using the very same cells, this would increase there order to the battery supplier further bringing cost down due to economics of scale.

They could even launch a portable battery pack using the very same cells, think of it has a larger power bank but for charging ather, such that it charges at a pretty fast rate, with additonal dc to dc converters inside for 5v and12v out, which can be even used to jump start a ice vehicle. A 1kw portable pack won’t even measure 12inch by 6inch by 3inch.

7 Likes