Ather 450X Discussions

We’re working out the finer details on how this will work, but will comply fully with all safety mandates on road.

2 Likes

Ok… For a 2.7 kwh battery it’s 40k…how much will it be for a 2.9 kwh battery? At max 50k? Let’s say my battery does degrade after 3 years (comparing without subscription warranty which is 3 years) I can buy a new battery pack for 50k instead of paying 2k x 12 x 3 =72k(for pro) or 1.7k x 12 x 3=61.2k…I’ll be paying 10k - 20k extra by subscription plan and what’s worse I might not even drive that much to degrade the battery… Instead I’ll be over paying for the subscription. @Ather.Team please reduce the subscription cost… Or make it based on kilometer-wise🙏. Thank you

Won’t be possible, since TPMS depends on Bluetooth and the additional processing power on the dashboard. You can use after market TPMS solutions which link to your phone directly.

1 Like

I don’t think that is true, they will not merge 450 to 450x plans, as they are completely different products. Pls check your facts before posting.

2 Likes

And what will be the cost to opt for 4G?

I think Ather got their market research data wrong here… The 450X offers all “good to have feathers” and missed out on “must have features” targeting larger audiences
Pricing is defiantly a thumbs down - so, all the great cosmetic features are not even discussed by anyone.
Bigger battery pack - 5 KM range increase is nothing and most customers are not into racing - and racing is more personality dependent and lesser on the power of the vehicle.
Your comparison with Honda Activa does not make sense by looking at only some of the spec, try also comparing with tank-full to tank-full Vs Recharge to Recharge… And honestly, this is what people wanted.
There are lot of people who travel 60 to 100KM everyday - this is the next segment ather should have catered to by increasing the true range to atleast 125KMs. To argue that the true range is 85KM is not valid, as no one goes long distance on eco mode… especially when you have two people.
if you want to bring the EV culture in india, I believe this is the way forward.

2 Likes

Oh ok thanks.But regarding those wider tyres ? Would they be made as an optional accessory ? For 450 ?

They shud actually. That way everyone would be on same platform. It’s just spec bumps on 450x but underlying idea is same, battery charging network service warranty and coverage. 450 owners shud also be asked to pay 1699 if they want any further support on monthly basis till infinity.

@abhishek.balaji, Is 450 really going to be discontinued? If so when? And can we still pre order one right now?

1 Like

You can still pre-order the 450 if you’re from Chennai or Bangalore. We’ll announce well in advance before we discontinue the 450. Rest assured, all 450s on road will be fully supported in terms of OTAs, connectivity and service.

3 Likes

We’ll announce this later on.

Why should we pay extra? We have not bought a 450x . We have paid for our scooter upfront and not a subscription. We were lucky to get a 450 at a wonderful price. We are happy with our 450. R u an Ather owner?

5 Likes

Why? For 450x the monthly subscription is for battery warranty and to choose between different performance variants… For 450 the plans are for charging and maintenance only. Why should the 450 also have such a plan?

Do 450 owners have to pay for the upgrade??

Yes, we’re working out a cost effective solution to upgrade to 4G and will announce it soon.

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Entire 2 yrs enthusiasm killed in a single day. M from Mumbai. Waited 2 yrs to discover this yesterday. Unfortunate. Apart from being emotional, it’s more practical that this is overly pricy compared to petrol scooter. We have fellow mates like you who can reduce the carbon foot print while we go buy regular petrol bikes now.:slight_smile: I per ordered 450x instantly but…like this if
Ur one of me

8 Likes

@abhishek.balaji is it possible?

1 Like

Then get it included and pay for battery and other upgrades, that’s what I’m telling.
Compared to 450 and x the charging network, replacement, battery , ota, 4g, lifetime warranty etc charge the subscription plan too for 450 at 1699 or 1399 whatever Ather suggests, 450 guys will also be covered for life. Hence whoever suggested ROI they will get. :slight_smile:

@abhishek.balaji I have posted my few queries from the link option from email mentioned. Pls do clarify. Thanks.

If it is an all inclusive plan and it’s around 2k per month(maintenance, charging reimbursement, grid and unlimited battery warranty). … That’d be great too… But I don’t think it’s gonna happen.
Heck if they do that for 450x at around 2k I’d buy the 450x pro with subscription :joy::joy:

2 Likes