Ather 450X Discussions

We are working on a solution to upgrade exisiting 450s on road to 4G, and will share details soon.

A lot of the feedback from early owners are concerns regarding the battery degradation and cost of replacement. The rationale behind the subscription models was to have a lower upfront cost with the scooter, and have the battery on lease. This way, you can get consistent performance and range from the scooter, without worrying about battery degradation. If you take up the subscription plans and your battey degrades below 80%, weā€™ll swap it out for a new one.

4 Likes

So you mean to say the benefits you getting in TAMILNADU is already priced in 450X ?
If any new benefits come from GST or any form , I know & believe on Ather will pass on to end customers

But you guys have clarified time and again, and in faq that nothing will happen for five years. If that was the case then paying 2000 x 12 x 5 = 120000, is justified and letā€™s not forgot you stated 40k replacement charges for new one.

5 Likes

I got a mail from Ather. It says that they will clarify all the doubts regarding subscriptions on Saturday on a live session.

1 Like

Yes, the battery packs will last that long under regular or lesser under extensive use. Under the subscription plan, you donā€™t need to wait for your battery to completely age before requesting for a replacement, nor do you need to moderate your usage of the scooter in terms of the performance. It allows the scooter to deliver consistent high performance, without you worrying about the battery health.

Also, under the subscription plans, cost of swapping battery pack when it dips below 80% is covered. The 40k cost was an approximation for the 450.

2 Likes

Valid point. Can buy 2nd new scooter after 5 yrs and use teh petrol for now. Max expenses will be 1.2 lacs on activa 6g if I considered riding for 30k kms for 5 yrs. along with scooter- donā€™t forget that. Whoever is the marketing and finance guy, thought too optimistic about people actually buying and paying like this stringent model of payment , subscription.

1 Like

Hey @abhishek.balaji,

Iā€™m not worried about the subscription since Iā€™ll never go for Subscription. Donā€™t you think one time buy is too overpriced 450 being 1.13 Lakh on road. 450x being 1.59 Lakh onroad.

3 Likes

Guys keep all your questions ready till 1st Feb 2020 at 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. I hope they will answer all our queries.

Why we are switching to EV , save money from fuel & Here I am giving back for just battery every year , it is just like buying fuel again
As after 3 year one expects to upgrade the vehicle to new one as we have more choices
And even upfront payment is to high in 450X , as for now as Ather 450 is best in all class
And we all owner know in city we canā€™t even zip in 3.3 sec

4 Likes

I too feel so bad after 3 years of wait they just ruined my excitement. They are corporates now and do not care about the ev vission and affordability.

4 Likes

Will the pre-orders of 450 model, whose payment window isnā€™t yet open get 4G upon delivery?

Yeah itā€™s way overpriced

You mean ex-showroom, insurance needs to be considered

Oh. Then 1.59 Lakh is not onroad price ?

No. It will have 3.5G upon delivery, and will have an optional upgrade to a 4G module soon.

1 Like

What happened to Ather keeping the phone separate from the riding experience? Iā€™m sure Bluetooth is quite cool and all, but isnā€™t picking calls and listening to music on the go, a riding hazard? Is this even legal?

2 Likes

Wonder how it is working out to be 3K already? (1.13L /36)?
With similar calculation it is 5K for the 450X in Plus mode!!

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji is TPMS or those wider tyres are backwards compatible with 450 ? Would it be available as optional accessory to 450 userā€™s?

I was waiting for 450x but after this bad pricing & funny plan that u have to pay extra to use Bluetooth (extra charges to use Bluetooth according to me is not a right approach by Ather) , Hence today went ahead and completed my lease application for 450 which got approved , tommorow will make payment , I still feel 450 is better for 1.13 lakhs against Bajaj & TVS hence will start a new journey of my first EV with Ather only. So now my waiting starts for Delivery :slight_smile:

3 Likes