Ather 450X Discussions

I think you have touched a very important point, and the most wholesome way to put today’s reveal is 10% increase in performance at 50% increase in price.

5 Likes

I will wait for few more days before cancelling my pre-order and see if @Ather.Team can re-consider the pricing. I hope they will. Come on @Ather.Team I know you guys want to be different than others but not this way.

3 Likes

I dont think there is a deadline they would refund it , nothing specified in the website.
Sent email to them to cancel and refund the amount.

1 Like

Am thinking on the same lines to get Ather response over their pricing before cancelling , If they stick to this pricing i will cancel right there… I think we can cancel anytime before payment window opens so we have time till July Aug 2020.

1 Like

I am very much happy today the day I made payment for my ather 450 I got the news of 450x launch… i was very disappointed by the news… i cannot afford new 450x which is too high for the specs and range. @Ather.Team please do not discontinue the support for 450 as I put hard hard earned money. I will cancel my preorder soon…definitely I will not reccomend 450x to anyone.

5 Likes

All except few ather450x reviews on YouTube seems to be biased. No one is saying scooter is overpriced or got tiny range improvement or any negative points?? Some one even said it is cheaper at 99k lol.
I think Ather is big player in EV industry r they managing these reviews or propagate false misconception.
Highly overpriced
I no more want collectors edition or even 450 after reading existing issues in forum
Delivery is in Q3 what a joke
Totally disappointed, a big late down by Ather and the team

9 Likes

By pricing it so high they’re pushing us to buy the more affordable scooters out there by the OEMs. Which will make the OEMs ramp up their EV options and production. Hence accelerating EV adoption. :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:

11 Likes

My bad brother. I am a financial analyst and this pricing scheme is difficult to put my head around. Burning my MBA now

5 Likes

Haha… But still… No other product blew my mind like the 450…its very disappointing…

1 Like

Am interested to see if you can get a value proportion out of it… All the best…

something wrong… 132km range with 27% battery !!!

It’s very sad, you people are taking advantage of technology to make a scooter to under perform. It overturns the basic idea of R&D and making EV’s affordable.

When the built, battery and hardware are same, why to differentiate it in Plus and Pro???

Can you pls clarify wether you lose or earn 10k between Plus and Pro?

And pls clarify what i get if just pay 99k for 450X?

2 Likes

I think they messed up with their targeted audience.

2 wheeler for majority of Indian population is cheaper way to commute. My father would be ok even to drive a 10 yrs old activa. For newer generation experience riding comfort performance matters but to an extent considering our pocket.
College pass-out would never have that much money to invest. Till the time we have some money and we are married by then :wink: so our priorities are different. Again we won’t be spending this much in scooter to get our weekly grocery or a lesiure ride to feel still young and remembering old days :slight_smile:
Two wheelers are that safe on Indian roads especially in North India. So I am getting confused… Thinking to wait a bit.

1 Like

I am cancelling 450x on tomorrow morning. Hope it goes well.
Reason for cancel - too many

1. Overpriced
  2. Range is not great
  3. Lack of ABS, USB charging point etc… list will go on
  4. Unresolved issues of 450 reported in forum and carried in 450x
  5. Only gray color is improvement
  6. Costly/terrible subscription plans
  7. Of course delivery time Q3
    If Any reason left pls mention so that I can add them into the cancelling email
10 Likes

What difference that we make moving from petrol to Electric. 1699& 1999 + electric charges at home + Subscription Fees (10K) which is equivalent to the amount that we spend on petrol price. Even after 5 years also its not even come to breaking point on cost analysis. @abhishek.balaji it was surprise shock.

3 Likes

There are jokes of selling kidneys to buy apple. Now , there will be jokes that people have to sell blood every month for ather subscription. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

@abhishek.balaji more than 300 comments … I remember your meme of Michell Jackson eating popcorn few days back on the same forum when we were guessing features of 450 x… I think after todays terrible 450x pricing and plan subscription launch it’s time to eat popcorn for Ather Team in real time :slight_smile: and read comments

12 Likes

So most of my prdection got right before launch. Wow

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji I remember you mentioning that the unveil hangover will last for the day, You were true am having a serious headache with pricing…

19 Likes

The other options are
Bajaj Chetak (limited Cities as of now) - looks very good -
TVS iQUBE - Similar Design like Jupiter. - Averge look and feel but offer the similar like Ather 450X ano no Annual Subscription Fee and its advantage.