Ather 450X Discussions

@abhishek.balaji @raghav.srinivasan @hemanth.anand
explain the battery efficiency tested in predicted range of eco 85 km, ride 70km , warp mode why care in #Ather450X & speed 0-40 in 3.3 s which mode you are talking about , As battery consumption in ride mode is only 83%, real range of Kms cover in this mode

So I was thinking, since FAME II subsidy criteria is for 2 wheeler vehicles under 1.5 Lakhs, wouldn’t it have been a smarter move to price the 450X Pro at 1.49 Lakhs, and make up the cost by slightly increasing the subscription cost so as to make back the remaining amount over the course of 2 years?

I feel like the vehicle is actually just very misrepresented right now due to all the pricing confusion / poor choices in subscription option incentives / explanation.

3 Likes

Like how Samsung apple unveils their hotly anticipated features on their latest smartphones.

1 Like

Good work on all the hardware improvements and connectivity features on the Ather 450X. :+1:
Especially things like faster charging, lower weight, newer batteries, power & torque figures etc. It would have been even better if some effort was put on increasing the range (at least triple digits). Nevertheless, the improvements brought in by the small changes are impressive.

But big disappointment on the pricing side. Feels outrageous. And this subscription model will only create more confusion than simplifying things and improving EV adoption. It was nice (or poor?) tactics to gain headlines by pricing just the scooter alone at 99k. :-1:

And looking at the reactions of most members here, I think all Ather 450X will become/remain a Collectors Edition only (IYKWIM). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll still wait for few more days/weeks to get more clarifications (or price revisions) and decide about my pre-order. But at this point, it’s disappointing!

3 Likes

You kind of summed up my feeling too. Good product but priced over the top. Confusions as well.

It is heart breaking so sad

Ather team should think about prices of 450x just 10km extra range,minor updates on dash board and battery replaced, but price is more than 46k plus subscription plans and service and charging prices are excluded. just looting from the ather fallowers…Many people ready to pay more price for zero emission scooters but I think ather energy catching the people psychology…

2 Likes

Ather 450x is a major letdown both in terms of features and pricing strategy for me looking to upgrade from Ather 450.

1. I was really looking for more range - disappointed that they could increase this only by 10 km. I usually use Ride mode, a published range of 100 was the minimum expectation.

2. Pricing - a bit lost for words. I paid Rs. 1.13 L for the outright purchase; the new 450X Plus is priced at Rs. 1.49 (and doesnt include insurance, registration, etc). What makes the new scooter so much more expensive when the features are more or less the same?

3. Really wished Ather would have announced an “upgrade” strategy for existing owners. The fact that they did not cover it as part of the big PR push tells me that this is going to be awful.

I might cancel my pre-order after a couple of days if we dont get any clarifications soon. I was earlier miffed that my payment window was opened a couple of days before the 450x teasers were sent out (my vehicle was registered by the time the 450x was formally announced); I think this was a blessing in disguise.

I am a happy Ather 450 owner. Will continue to be a 450 owner.

2 Likes

Let us consider the subscription as battery warranty. For the pro it may make some sense if you plan to push the limits. For the plus the usable battery capacity will be lower. So when the battery loses capacity ather can unlock capacity and retain the battery. Based on how well you ride the loss may never be more than 80%. Where are the economies here.

Any counters to what I said?

Sorry i am repeating myself. But this seems to be a big issue. Limiting range in plus to less than 450???

2 Likes

Is there any last date like we need to cancel the order if not the amount will not be refundable after that date ?

Just think of it Guys A company is taking so much time of delivery I just saw a post where a person who booked other 450 in September 19 today he got it, now thinking of this scenario I have booked my Ather 450 in dec 19… Ather 450X I already Cancelled… If Ather 450 issues are there I will cancel it I can’t trust such company it’s better I will go with Honda Active or Bajaj or TVS … Just for Ather WOOOOOWW sound I can’t put my money in fire to impress the peoples.

Whatever the things are there in Ather Vehicle they are showing that are present in other vehicles like TVS and if not only for GPS if users are going then what’s the use of smartphone that having google maps if we have to depend on Ather Maps that having slow connection, hang issues and 3g Connection LOL
It’s better I will go for hero electric in 50k bucks and change my vehicle after 2 years. I don’t want to show off by paying this much amount and nothing will be there.
Ather is getting many things:

1. Lots of money by fooling peoples
  2. Data ( as Abhishek said currently they are not selling to any companies) how can we trust same thing google or Facebooks says we do business we customer data LOL
  3. They will know where we are going what’s our habit to ride if they have speakers also might be possible they can hear our conversation Smart Vehicles can does anything.
  4. I have read somewhere never trust company who first just give offers at low cost and after sometime suddenly they increase prices.
  5. As in this forum, I read someone posted a twitter posted where Tarun said we are selling Apple Phones in Samsung cost and people demanding oppo phone. Which is correct part because ppl wants budgeted things we are staying in Bangalore for jobs, we are not running business like you.
  6. Just giving colours to few new bikes it doesn’t mean Ather will hike the price without solving previous issues. I saw there are lots of issues in other 450 without fixing those ATHER LAUNCHED 450X because some faults in old vehicle. I don’t know at sometime if ATHER stop production of 450 like one plus do when they launch new upgraded version. like they did with 340

Never Trust easily, if we pay for this now, we have to suffered a lot in future other companies will come up with this kind of shitty things and only person has to suffers is users.

If consumers are together and fight against prices hike, then no one in this world can hike the prices nor close shut down production of older version of vehicles.

5 Likes

If they don’t sort these things out in a week(max) then their pre registration sales will show what kind of a blunder they made.

2 Likes

Same with me. It doesn’t make sense. I might just go ahead with Petrol top end NTorq or latest Activia. And visit this space after 10 years. These corporates are responsible for delaying the switch to Electric vehicles. Too costly…

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

Its good to see the community come out and point out the glaring bull in its face.

Now to the bad part, The pricing is bad, please fire whoever decided it or step down. We may be rich but definitely not going to upgrade blindly, we are rich cos we care for money. Else fire the marketing guy who may have given half info of pricing which may be less due to some offers to be doled later.

The product is good but not good enough for this exorbitant price, the ather 450 is a good competition still to the chetak and tvs and just continue that. Do offer some good exchange for folks to make in sensible.

lastly, as a startup we all do fall but pricing yourself into dominar 400 and ktm duke 250 territory is outright jest. I cannot hope there is a niche customer who will spend 1.6 lakh or 1+ infinite 2k for a scooty.

I have not cancelled the pre-order on mere hope, do make sense in the next few months

17 Likes

Now guys at Ather must have realised that to really make an impact pan-India pricing should be on par if not better than the running cost of the costliest ICE scooter.
Pricing strategy of 450X is likened to running two ICE scooters simultaneously.

Come on guys you just misunderstood the market based on the feedback from ‘elite’ Ather community

3 Likes

Buying a new scooter controlled by manufacturer not a owner…this kind of artificial intelligence (AI) will face by owner lot of problems in future…if demand more they will change subscription plans prices…and we don’t have right to control our bike???..they are fallowing jio ideology…

3 Likes

am little disappointed, few points:

1. I am satisfied with 450 performance so now with 450x plus (replacing 450) ex showroom price goes way high 1.49 lacs.
  2. Unlimited warranty for 1700 or 2k per month 20k or 24k yearly is again very high… considering not everyone will be travelling higher number of kms. Also can anyone tell me the cost of battery replacement right now?
  3. Again I booked ather for overall ride experience and cost effective ride that electric scooter offers everytime I plan to go out. But subscription plan takes that away.
    I think if they really want to operate on subscription plan they should consider the kms scooter ran in that month, if lesser kms then they should offer cashback to the user, kind of pay as you drive.
  4. They also promised consistent performance for over the years, I am not sure what would the range they will consider in that actual 85 km or the certified range. As they already know the actual range is below what ather is offering as per the customers have claimed.

All in all I love the scooter but the price is a let down. I would still prefer the 450 over 450x.

I would prefer the classic model for purchase of ather as i have good faith in the product quality and also batteries these days are quite developed…that is why Tata, mg and hyundai are offering 8 yrs of warranty on the launched vehicles.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not. Looking for others comment as well.

2 Likes

I did attend the event and I’m now headed back to Bangalore. So are the other community Moderators who attended the event. Too many things and numbers to process… I’ll give my thoughts by tomorrow.

7 Likes

Cancelled 450 and 450x just now.

450 with 3g connectivity doesn’t make any sense

1 Like

Just spotted this in a video. Wonder what that small hole and the new speaker like grill functions as.

1 Like