Ather 450X Discussions

why club all the services that ather provides into plans that are working out the ather way? if you want to sell more ather and make money then list out the services that you provide and let the buyer select list of things that he needs and then charge him based on the list of services he picked. preordered the 450x and cancelled it right after the unveil because the price and the subscription plans crashed the party. Now i m even skeptical to buy the 450 that is an ideal one for me. the user must be the one who controls what he needs. not the seller.

6 Likes

no. they just asked me the reason for cancelling the order. they didnt ask me to send any mail. they said ok and straight away cancelled my order and i got the cancellation email.

4 Likes

Issues of 450 after 7 monthā€™s of ownership

1. useless side mirrorā€™s
  2. both disc brakes makes screeching noise everytime they are used.
  3. plastic panels and fittings are not what you expect on 1.23 lakh(pre gst reduction rate) lot of panel gaps and fitting compared to my Suzuki access 125
  4. tires loose air pressure very quickly have complained it but still no solution to this problem.
  5. they knowingly gave it 3G modem instead of 4G this was when jio/ airtel/ Vodafone already had their 4G networks.
  6. map hangs quite frequently due to low hardware used or pathetic Vodafone network I donā€™t know.
  7. rear mono suspension while going through humps rebounds very quickly while solo riding.
  8. lack of centre stand big issue when lack of parking space in crowded parking lot.
  9. lack of sari step.
  10. lack of ambient sensor to adjust screen brightness. In current white background especially in evening night times it is too much bright in your eyes. You need to manually keep on adjusting brightness every day at morning and evening to make it easy on your eyes.
  11. lack of abs makes you realise every time in panic braking situation rear wheel locks up easily. This is biggest drawback compared to others.

Hope it helps.450 is still my preferred vehicle to commute in Bangalore traffic if only they had resolved these issues 450X would be no brainer upgrade. But alas they keeping all these upgrades for next variant I think.

7 Likes

Just cancelled my order! why would i pay 50,000 extra for just extra 10kms range and android tablet.

2 Likes

450X is costing 99k + 1k(Bangalore registration) + 7k - 9k(Insurance) + 2000(Monthly subscription)+ 0 road tax(Remember road tax is 0% in Bangalore in Chennai this will around 7k to 9k) + ā€œ?ā€ (need to figure out what they meant by Ather subscription plan is mandatory)

Cost coming to Bangalore 110000+2000every month
Cost coming to Chennai 119000+2000
Every month

Cost of total 3 yrs probably around 110000+72000 = 182000 (didnā€™t add any maintenance and last point mentioned in about addition ā€œ?ā€)

Cost of total 3 yrs probably around 119000+72000 = 191000 (didnā€™t add any maintenance and last point mentioned in about addition ā€œ?ā€)

I have taken tax, RTO charges and insurance from 450 model which is less in price

with my calculation I feel spending around 2 Lakhs(not including maintenance) for 3 years is not even in my thought. Iā€™m thinking to cancel my order and wait for few year to market to mature.

1 Like

Itā€™s ruin me the subscription paln and the prise of scooter what new is just 5% and cost increases by 20 to 30% and boss u will deliver in Q3 dose it make any sense menā€™s it will be in hand in year end ?
Then what is the meaning of it lounching now
Till then many more will came .
Boss definatly i will cancelled my booking

1 Like

Lots of questions! Iā€™ll address each one of them over the next few days.

5 Likes

I just pre-ordered Ather 450. I hope itā€™s better than the 450X for my office commute.

4 Likes

It will be definitely a good buy for office commute.

1 Like

Woahā€¦Almost 300 posts today and only 5-10% are positive considering the posts before unveil. I am going to cancel my 450X order for 2 reasons

1. 40k Premium for Minor Improvements(from the customer point of view)
  2. Insane Delivery Timeline of Q3 2020.
    I am looking for a scooter currently and can wait for 1 or 2 months. If they are going to provide 450 in Hyderabad in the next 2 months, I will buy it.
    With all the statistics and market research Ather mightā€™ve understood what needs to be improved from a scooter perspective but about customer they need to learn a lot. Sorry to say that they got so many things wrong about their target customers. We are ok to compromise on few basic things like a center stand and pillion side foot rest. We are here because we want to save environment and our money. 40% premium is not at all justified. Like in the movies, sequels are overrated,over priced :stuck_out_tongue: .
    Good Luck Ather
11 Likes

True, such a customer centric company!!! Even I was such a fan of Ather. They just ruin everything with this unveil for me. Now suddenly petrol scooter Honda, TVS, Suzuki look amazing after the unveil.
My monthly usage of petrol is 700-800 but now according to Ather I have to pay 1999 & GST + electricity bill & GST to save earth + 30,000 Premium for Ather. It is total loss deal for me.

5 Likes

Commā€™n Ather you just killed my dream of owning one. Just cancelled my order.

4 Likes

Will 450x run on Mars n Moon, since itā€™s so
Costly, it can definitely run? No ? Someone tested from
Community ?

4 Likes

Definitely, go for it. We will be seeing you go office.

1 Like

I think you got this the other way around.

1 Like

All the best man!

Ather 450X unveil - One of the best presentations I have seen in recent past, only upto pricing was presented (It became way too naive in presenting from there on).
No single word on upgrade options, existing customers are repeatedly asking for dark mode since Ather 450 went on sales, now comes in 450X first! -> Excellent!

@lokeshbohraā€¦ I already own an Ather 450 and riding it to office every day.

1 Like

Ather s very similar to OnePlus Journey on one important factor. Built on community. Loyal customers saw quality and value for money and marketing is thru word of mouthā€¦

OnePlus One was huge success. Invite was brought in to keep the hype.

They did a mistake in OnePlus 2 and it was a flop because of over hype, wrong pricing and some quality issue (over heating).

For some time they even ignored updates for old phones.

They realised the mistakes quickly. Since then price was incremental and value for money was never missed.

Because the additional features always weighed above the price increase.

Loyal customers mostly stayed and got new customers on the way. On the way, a startup became a big company but it took few years for them to get 50% price increase.

I think Ather is same place at OnePlus 2. I hope they realise and correct it before Ather X2.

6 Likes

Can u pls post some pics of you with 450 and ur review. Performance in Rains and otherwise. How do u rate 450x pricing and justify the same. Iā€™d b glad if you help us better understand. We are naive.