Ather 450X Discussions

I believe and look forward to (@tarun and @Ather.Team… are you listening :ear: :smile:)

• Larger Battery aka more range
  • Unleash the true power of the existing motor
  • Stabilize the firmware (Way too many QC issues, pity the guy who maintains your defect log)

Do these 3 and I will go to town canvassing new buyers for you.

10 Likes

Looks like we may all get a peek into the 450x today itself. Anyone with CNBC, please try to catch the show and share highlights here.

6 Likes

Yeah. I watched it just now. And these are the points I picked up.

1. They expected the 340 to sell more than the 450 apparently but they were proved wrong.
  2. They wanted to make the 450 as their perfect product and future proof for a few years but it had a few shortcomings so they went back tweaked the hardware and software to make it future proof for atleast a few years. So the 450X will be usable for a few years in terms of hardware is what Tarun said.
    So what Tarun is saying is they don’t want to become like another mobile company ( hinting at one plus in his wording) and that they don’t want to launch a product very frequently and the 450X will get them there. Apparently.
    Tarun said if the existing owners upgrade tl the 450X then their scooter will be future proof for a few years.
  3. Ather has some Pan India Contracts with some providers to set up 10-15 grid points very very quickly as soon as they enter into a city. - Hyderabad Mumbai Delhi pune
  4. The 450X will basically be the same scooter as 450 -(minus) the shortcomings (at least most of them ) + a slight hike in all the specifications. ( He mentioned : more power. More intelligence ) (did not mention anything about range )
10 Likes

Start from 04:50 of this video

Also starring are flights of @abhishek.balaji and @sudhanva.atri :slight_smile:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cOx7z3R3LTEyOTA0MjExNzd8MVBsS1FWRHB6b1pHRcOnJvbL4FDyfyWZVguWVghGX4GbcTTjouiFpC6DYR20?t=4s

7 Likes

You “Parivahan”-Ed this too!!

2 Likes

Thanks Hemanth for sharing the video. It was good to get some insight on how Ather is planning about future and 450x.

1 Like

Yesterday morning I was actually looking at and reading about the industrial socket to 5A connector that abhishek had made. I was planning to do something like that. Had seen the number then and remembered the JD part of it (don’t ask me why :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Saw the video. Not much revealed as expected :slightly_smiling_face:

My guess for hardware upgrades / improvements:

1. True range of 85 km (from 65 km)
  2. 4G SIM card
  3. Extra storage and RAM
  4. Fine tuned belt for low noise drive
  5. Better tyres
  6. Better mirrors
  7. Better seats
  8. Better thermal control
  9. Sensors (Proximity and side stand sensor)

Unlikely but good to have:
10. Bluetooth / WiFi / USB

Might get this but not a great add-on considering cost:
11. ABS

I think Ather might bring some kind of modularity in key components for future upgrade paths.

4 Likes

I have a gut feeling that Ather-450X will be revealed tomorrow following the launch of Bajaj Chetak electric today. Excitement continues.

1 Like

It was fun driving my 450 directly to my seat :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Any chance of ABS in 450x :neutral_face: ?

1 Like

I think they will announce before Jan 31 since they have to start sending tshirts from Feb 1 and they clearly mention tshirts is not for folks who dont complete their order of 450x.

1 Like

More clues

Black vehicle with Balloons is I think 450x

That binary codes may have some interesting update

4 Likes

I doubt as it has Bajaj sign, look closely.

2 Likes

The T-shirt order link doesn’t open for me. The page keeps on Loading. Was anyone successful to do so?

2 Likes

They will send you new link

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply

1 Like

yeah, notice how headlamp is round for the black one and others are not. 1,s and 0’s i think is about Ather having network connectivity while Chetak, I am not sure has that.

2 Likes

Black one with Balloons is Chetak. It’s Ather welcoming Bajaj to the Electric Club. Nothing about the 450X.

5 Likes

Ather continues to book more & more 450 x under invites codes i think now booking should be around 6000 & still continuing …with so many bookings the fun of owning Collectors edition wont be there it will b common everywhere.

4 Likes