Ather 450X Discussions

1 Like

ya might be concept designs of 450 , but seems like lot of difference when compared with real image of present 450. tyres are huge, design has more curves and suspension is little different etc…

1 Like

The floating panels are missing though🤔

2 Likes

This is a very old image from 3-4 years ago. This was the concept design that was initially published, based on which the 450 was designed.

5 Likes

I like the 450X badge for pre-orders…nice touch. Also the one single gripe i have from the 450 is the bad range, clear that and i will be taking it no matter what, same power or whatever

I always wished for a two way ride from home to airport and back which is approx 95-100 km

1 Like

That’s every one’s desire , Hope Ather gonna fulfill that wish with 450X… @Ather.Team look range is the most desired feature , Hope you guys are on it…

Exactly. That’s the only thing I wished was better in the 450. A range of about 150 true range in eco would be amazing for the 450X. Anything below a true range of 130 will be disappointing. It doesn’t make sense to upgrade from an average of 80-90kms (which is what I get) to 100-120kms🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s not much of an upgrade then, even if the X is a lot more fancier in terms of features.

2 Likes

I don’t think a significant increase in range can be expected. The Battery might go up by a few hundred Wh
I just wish in the next 4-5 years. Our 450 and 450Xs can take a new and more energy dense battery.

3 Likes

As far as i know. Ather is really aiming a 200+ km range and the X might go upto 230 approx. Using the almost similar battery size. A different chemistry maybe ! This would be a revolution in the world, I guess every other manufacturer should just give up.
This might not be true, I so hope it is. Then me being early in the queue will help a lot :grin:

4 Likes

May be self balanced scooter is 450x

1 Like

:open_mouth:. I highly doubt that. I don’t think that will happen. But I so wish that I’m completely wrong and you’re right. Now that would be convincing enough for an upgrade for sure. But if the range is up. Why’re they promising higher power and and no mention of the range ? That’s why I don’t think it’ll happen. 4-5 years down the lane. Same battery size with 200+ range will be very common.

1 Like

I wish it comes true, However with same battery capacity and with out of the world chemical composition its still feel not possible as of now… Hope Ather can prove this wrong sometime in future… As of now 120km as true range in sports mode will keep the adrenaline kicking…

2 Likes

If ather uses the same 18650 form factor, You are not going to see much of a range improvement. But if they switch to 21700, then expect a battery capacity increase of 30 to 40%.

2 Likes

Using 21700 cells will further increase the foot board height making it difficult for tall people.

1 Like

This is not something I am saying. Even I am very doubtful about it, lets wait and watch !

1 Like

Bajaj Chetak launch is tomorrow. I think 450x also will be unveiled tomorrow. :wink:

2 Likes

yes but seems like, except range, everything else is behind 450 :stuck_out_tongue: it will be interesting to see the price.

3 Likes

Range is also less… practically Ather 450 is giving a range of 100+. But the chetak is 95 with eco and 85 in turbo mode

1 Like

Its just going to increase the internal space inside the aluminum battery casing by 0.5cm height, which is minuscule. But what it does increase is the width by 30cm+ when you consider the pack size , there is also an odd size of 20650 made by LG and sanyo, even then it will increase the width by 26cm, so unless they find ways to shave of the thickness of the battery aluminum casing or increase the width of the floor board, I don’t see them using 21700 or 20650.

May be they will use a newer motor with better efficiency.

1 Like

They’re not going to do any of that in my opinion. They just cannot change the whole design of the ather 450 for a new variant. And they won’t right now.

1 Like