Ather 450X Discussions

As the pricing in not convincing Ather must prepare calculator to understand what customer is paying and what Ather is giving. Like a EMI calculator that we find in all. banking websites.

But Ather make slow productivity till u fix proper pricing. People not interest in spending high for upcoming EVs. What happens when company unable to stay afloat on pressure if company closes after filing bankruptcy.

3 Likes

Went through Tesla club India’s interview and it’s very clear that Ather’s future plans are only focused on premium high end performance scooters.

You guys should have discontinued 450 if there were lack of bookings… Just like 340. Just remember customers rejected 340 but you have kept customers sentiment aside while announcing this decision today.

You guys are gearing up to manufacture and sell 1.3L 450X from your 2 plants annually. I don’t even see even 50,000 customers willing to pay 1.6 L for a scooter. Those who can afford a 1.5L + scooter can also afford liters of petrol which fuels Duke’s and dominators. Ather’s job was to make common folks swith to electric. Your product out of nowhere pushed Bajaj and TVS to launch their own platform. You guys were supposed to be torch bearers of this revolution. It’s a sad day for EV scene in India.

17 Likes

I don’t think they are discontinuing the 450. Or are they? The option to pre-book 450 is stillon the website.

1 Like

By this time next year this market will be flooded with Chinese scooters. Think wisely Ather, you’re nailing your own coffin here if you think you will survive with premium badge.
Even Apple lost in this space in India & had to bring the prices down to convince the Indian buyers.
This is India guys, India. Not US.
Value of money is the key to survive here, there’s a reason OnePlus & Xiaomi is doing better than Apple & samsung in this country.

9 Likes

No need of 50k coustomers 10k coustomers to enough for expanding their product…it’s only premium not performance one it’s limited range… As per my knowledge they will manage company up to 2024…within that IC engine makers enters in to EV segment…so difficult to manage…

Not immediately, but they have confirmed that they’ll be winding down the sales in a few months. See this thread.

Gone through major media reviews like autocar motoroctane power drifts etc No one is talking about affordability and the cost breakup or tco, Everyone is just telling about the pro and plus plans without even hinting ather connect charge and ather one on top of the pro and plus that’s ridiculous . All biased reviews ather seems to spend well to get positive reviews…

3 Likes

Watch economic Times video. 1699 and 1999 includes Ather one charges.
Later they may come with few more plans.

If by few months they mean when they get a reasonable product(like the 450) or fix the pricing of 450x then it makes sense else…

1 Like

NO they don’t.
Ather team confirmed it here.
It would have been miles better if it was like that.
Right now Ather is just milking the customer.
Monthly subscription, yearly subscription all these for riding a damn scooter

1 Like

For the first time highly disappointed by Ather, all these days I was in assumption that 450x will have at least 120 km true range, top speed of 100 to 120, speed of 0 to 60 in 5 secs, Abs and several color options at a reasonable price but all the thoughts gone in vain, really hope TVS would launch TVS Creon and that would be my next buy definitely not 450x. This became like Salman Khan’s movies only hype no real content.

4 Likes

Vehicle is having a problem of wobbling whenever I go on speed breakers or pot holes. Other issues like breaking it skids, mirror, sudden rebooting and vehicle stops, lot of vibration. Now again I have sent the vehicle on Sunday and it is still in the service centre. Some how always better to go with the branded company like Bajaj, TVS etc…

2 Likes

@samitbanerji. The sticker shock is there, but I will reserve my comments until I see the full spec sheet, lease options, subscription plan benefits and a test ride off the X.

Current owners will feel the pinch, however for new markets this would be an exciting product.

4 Likes

I did not understand the point of giving the same hardware for the 2 variants (just different software configurations) of the 450X and charging different prices for that? Can anyone explain this? Or is PLUS variant just a decoy?
Basically why does the PRO cost more than the PLUS if both work on the exact same hardware and that too locally on the scooter. Like it’s not fetching the extra performance and range etc remotely from some server for charging extra for that service. Super confused!!

8 Likes

1.59 lakh for EV scooter with just 85km range is hard pill to swallow.

4 Likes

There are options to exit the subscription plan after 4 years. Does the infinite battery warranty still continue after exiting?

New markets means new cities? I would say for new cities its even worse, as they are canceling the production of 450. 450X plus with same specs as 450 will be available at much higher prices.

Bangalore customers are in good place. They have the option of choosing other options like Chetak, iQube and buy them outright without subscriptions.

4 Likes

Hi @diwakar.mrd , sorry to hear that.

How is the Ather’s customer service towards you. Are they providing any alternate vehicle for you to commute? Are they clear and transparent about the issues?

Do let us know, it will help prospective buyers and also you mutually I believe. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@spg
Ather is not providing Infinite Battery warranty. It is only 3 years. It’s just a marketing stunt that they called the overpriced battery subscription or leasing as Infinite warranty.
Like someone mentioned in the forum here, rather than paying 96,000/- to Ather for 4 years. If you put that same amount of money in some fund, you might able to buy yourself definitely a couple of battery packs :smiley:

8 Likes

Now Chetak is the way to go, My only concern with chetak is top speed and its looks Wish chetak could have managed to get the top speed at 80kmph it would have been better , Still a 1st Gen product from Bajaj i can understand that some thing might have stopped them to reach that speeds, everything else seems a vfm.

3 Likes