Ather 450X Discussions

Same with me. It doesn’t make sense. I might just go ahead with Petrol top end NTorq or latest Activia. And visit this space after 10 years. These corporates are responsible for delaying the switch to Electric vehicles. Too costly…

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

Its good to see the community come out and point out the glaring bull in its face.

Now to the bad part, The pricing is bad, please fire whoever decided it or step down. We may be rich but definitely not going to upgrade blindly, we are rich cos we care for money. Else fire the marketing guy who may have given half info of pricing which may be less due to some offers to be doled later.

The product is good but not good enough for this exorbitant price, the ather 450 is a good competition still to the chetak and tvs and just continue that. Do offer some good exchange for folks to make in sensible.

lastly, as a startup we all do fall but pricing yourself into dominar 400 and ktm duke 250 territory is outright jest. I cannot hope there is a niche customer who will spend 1.6 lakh or 1+ infinite 2k for a scooty.

I have not cancelled the pre-order on mere hope, do make sense in the next few months

17 Likes

Now guys at Ather must have realised that to really make an impact pan-India pricing should be on par if not better than the running cost of the costliest ICE scooter.
Pricing strategy of 450X is likened to running two ICE scooters simultaneously.

Come on guys you just misunderstood the market based on the feedback from ‘elite’ Ather community

3 Likes

Buying a new scooter controlled by manufacturer not a owner…this kind of artificial intelligence (AI) will face by owner lot of problems in future…if demand more they will change subscription plans prices…and we don’t have right to control our bike???..they are fallowing jio ideology…

3 Likes

am little disappointed, few points:

1. I am satisfied with 450 performance so now with 450x plus (replacing 450) ex showroom price goes way high 1.49 lacs.
  2. Unlimited warranty for 1700 or 2k per month 20k or 24k yearly is again very high… considering not everyone will be travelling higher number of kms. Also can anyone tell me the cost of battery replacement right now?
  3. Again I booked ather for overall ride experience and cost effective ride that electric scooter offers everytime I plan to go out. But subscription plan takes that away.
    I think if they really want to operate on subscription plan they should consider the kms scooter ran in that month, if lesser kms then they should offer cashback to the user, kind of pay as you drive.
  4. They also promised consistent performance for over the years, I am not sure what would the range they will consider in that actual 85 km or the certified range. As they already know the actual range is below what ather is offering as per the customers have claimed.

All in all I love the scooter but the price is a let down. I would still prefer the 450 over 450x.

I would prefer the classic model for purchase of ather as i have good faith in the product quality and also batteries these days are quite developed…that is why Tata, mg and hyundai are offering 8 yrs of warranty on the launched vehicles.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not. Looking for others comment as well.

2 Likes

I did attend the event and I’m now headed back to Bangalore. So are the other community Moderators who attended the event. Too many things and numbers to process… I’ll give my thoughts by tomorrow.

7 Likes

Cancelled 450 and 450x just now.

450 with 3g connectivity doesn’t make any sense

1 Like

Just spotted this in a video. Wonder what that small hole and the new speaker like grill functions as.

1 Like

We can’t even actually think of pay as you drive even after spending one lakh for owning it ?

Let’s think battery hooked up after 4 years. By 4 years you would have paid the subscription cost itself around 96,000 which i bet is far lesser than the new battery replacement.

I think the person who worked for some insurance company has become these kind of scheme maker in Ather. You monthly monthly pay litlle little amount if something happens then you claim If not then they make use of your money.

4 Likes

Right now around 30k but right now also means 2-3 years later as you’re covered by Ather. Funnily enough in 3 years the prices are to fall drastically due to 2 reasons

1. Lithium, Cobalt and other rare earth metals have 0 import taxes. Also the government recently called out manufacturers to set up 10-100Gwh plants(a total of 1000Gwh) making them much cheaper .
  2. Lithium batteries wouldn’t use rare earth metals anymore or would become obsolete (in about 8-10 years)

Currently with 96k you’d get 3 of them.

1 Like

Exactly.

450 is getting the 4g revision (for all users)
P.S. they haven’t mentioned the timeline. As Vodafone is to stay for a while there is no worry of losing connectivity

2 Likes

I’ll give ather a week to reconsider this stupid subscription prices.
If they do then they get my money.
Or else sorry ather, there are many other alternatives in market.

5 Likes

I agree I think owning vehicle as per the classic model is benificial as we will be keeping the vehicle for longer time. But 1.7 lacs on road way too high.

Also what you think about battery consistency over the years, can we expect atleast 5 yrs with 10% of degradation?

1 Like

I seriously hope Ather puts together something more sensible to the general audience and to satisfy the community’s needs. More than a Super Scooter, it is turning out to be a Super Expensive Scooter.

5 Likes

Sorry ather… But you are really killing the dream of owning a eco friendly ev for a common man in India. In the presentation I heard @tarun say that the aim of ather is to accelerate the adoption of ev in India… How are you supposed to achieve this when you make it so incredibly hard for someone to own an ather 450x… This is really sad… I had so much hope in you guys thinking that you were the tesla of India after seeing the 450. But this is such a let down of overpricing for minor improvements and that too when major issues like longer range, mirrors and foot rests weren’t even improved. I hope you are reading all these messages and reconsider your pricing and it’s structure.

10 Likes

Mujhpe ek ehsaan karna, ke mujhpe koi ehsaan mat karna. Sir, this is definitely deserved collectors edition. Lol

3 Likes

Well, we need a Redmi , not apple or Samsung. Can’t you see the decline in Apple and Samsung’s market share??

4 Likes

It’s not just 1lakh+infinite 2k, you have to add infinite subscription plan for Ather one plan(minimum of 9k/per annum