Ather 450X Discussions

Thank you for information.
From the table itself amount difference is clear and 450X is more costlier than others, with sub even more. (without sub 50k? for battery is optional)
And considering short duration users like me petrol cost will not come as you stated, it will per month 700 x 12 x 5 = 42000 only, Ather have no such plan like that, even if you ride one day you have to pay entire month subscription :tired_face:
Ultimately the cost of 450X will be double than ICE at end of 5 year.
So if you have money to spend and strong wish to have it go for it.

2 Likes

Long time lurker here. Like everyone else, disappointed with the pricing. I would probably cancel my order very soon.

I’m having trouble in understanding the market segment Ather is trying to capture. Especially for a scooter with small wheels. All the performance metrics make sense when you are trying to build a sporty fast electric bike with bigger wheels and a body that can withstand more beatings. Scooters for a long time are being used by casual riders for within city commuting. I don’t think I’ll ever care about a 1-2 sec improvement in acceleration while driving in a congested city like Bangalore. Personally, this isn’t for me.

11 Likes

Could have waited for the T-shirt :thinking: !!

1 Like

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji
I had booked Ather 450 (Order ID 14948) and 450x(Order ID 22348). My payment window for 450 has opened. But i m dilemma whether to take 450 or 450x. Till i got all information regarding loan,leasing, subsciption, collectors edition details for ather 450x i m not in position to go ahead with payment for ather 450.
I has few questions related to this so that i may go further-

1. Whether the payment window for Ather 450 is having expiry?

2. Onroad Price details (Split up cost) of Ather 450 and Ather 450x for chennai city?

3. Purchase options for Ather 450 and Ather 450x?

4. Delivery date for Ather 450x for my Order ID (I understand that deliveries begin by Q3, 2020. I need to know about my case for chennai city).

5. Compare the subsciption details for Ather 450 and 450x?

6. Details on Collectors edition and what extra i will get as i ordered before official launch of 450x?

7. As i have a transferrable job, What can i do if I got transferred to any other city (including Ather non support city) after 1year or so?

8. I booked the same for my wife. When I need to give the details of person on which registration to be done?

9. I read and participated in AMA, but needs to clarify on the above for my case?

10. How long i need to wait to get full clarity/details on Ather 450x including subscription, out right purchase,lease/loan,support at non-support city etc ?In unsupported city,is there any option for update/bug fixes other than thru OTA as 450x has feature of bluetooth and WiFi?

11. If I decided to purchase Ather 450 and forego Ather 450x, What is the formality and how to go about further including payment, Dot installation,registration etc?

12. What are the updates planned for Ather 450 and when I lose support for the same as i heard that Ather 450 production is going to be stopped.

13. My wife owns Okinawa Praise scooter and was eligible for FAME I subsidy (but awaiting credit of FAME -1 amount from dealer). The scooter belongs to Kerala registration. Is she eligible for FAME-2 subsidy. Also is she eligible to get tamilnadu state govt subsidy for working womens along with FAME-2 subsidy?

14. If there is deadline for payment window, can i pause/freeze payment window till i got clear picture from ather team for 450x. Or can i transfer amount to ather 450x and freeze delivery of ather 450 till i get clear information on ather 450x?

15. I understand that for tamilnadu registration for EV, road tax is exempted. But in payment splitup it is shown. Why is it so?

Please give as full information as possible so that i can do the needful.

1 Like

@tarun @abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team **Please try to build lower edition dummy ather which make affordable to large customers. this will also crash all other EV bikes in city. Just make a bike infusing little intelligence to it without subscription ** You can open separate division to sell and maintain dummy bike.

let 450/450x other upcoming ather may be under superior division.

You’ll get a faster delivery if you complete your full payment within 15 days of it opening, since we have visibility into the stock. You can make your payment later as well, but the delivery timelines would change.

We don’t have this info available now, we’ll let you know after get the necessary regulatory approvals in each city.

For 450: Loan, Lease and upfront payment For 450X: Battery subscription, Loan, Lease and upfront payment

Q3 2020 as of now, we’ll announce the exact dates soon.

You can check this for the pricing options for 450X: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Details on 450 pricing are available on the website: Ather Energy - Building fast and intelligent electric scooters in India

You can continue to use the scooter and connected services if you are in an area with 3G network support. For servicing, you’ll have to get your scooter into the serviceable area and schedule a request.

The team will reach out to you for these details, you share the details then.

Again, if you’re taking connectivity as an option, and your city has 4G, you can use it. 450X Pro has Bluetooth, but OTA updates are possible through 4G only.

Complete your payment and the process of registration etc begins for the 450. You can cancel the 450X pre-order and you’ll get a refund on that.

There are some new features, fixes and improvements coming to the 450 soon, apart from the optional 4G upgrade. Over the next few months, you’ll see:

1. Dark Mode
  2. Smart Charging reminders (if your vehicle is low on battery)
  3. Smart Navigation reminders
  4. Better Keyboard on navigation (on dashboard)
  5. Overhauling the app (some of the above features will be through the app)

We’ll keep you posted as and when we’re releasing these features :smiley:

The service and spare parts support will be available for the lifetime of the scooter.

FAME subsidy can be availed once per person for a two wheeler and once for a four wheeler. So if it’s already been availed, you won’t be able to avail it again.

Answered in #1

The policy isn’t implemented yet, so we’re still showing it as part of the pricing. If it’s ratified, we’ll update our pricing immediately.

1 Like

The vehicle is designed to be a 450X Pro today from the hardware point of view. In the future, we might separate out the hardware for the 450X Plus. For us, the entire hardware costs of the 450X Pro help us justify its price. The 450X Plus is being sold at a lesser price, despite it being more expensive simply as a way to kickstart its sales.

Coming to the price. The price of the 450X Pro is INR 1.59 lakhs - this includes battery warranty. We are confident of the battery and that is why provide an unlimited kms warranty for 3 years. However, there are folks who are worried about the battery, especially over a longer ownership tenure (5+ years). The 99K plus battery subscription applies to them - in fact, keeping the promise of performance for 5 years or 10 years is a huge promise in the Electric world.

Keep in mind, the vehicle warranty applies in both cases - so you don’t have to worry about Motor etc. Coming to 5-8 years of warranty offered by any other company - that is hard to comment upon without seeing actual instances. At the high performance that the Ather batteries provide, I cant imagine anyone making a warranty promise of 8 years at the base price.

The point is - I know there is always a bit of a shock the first time you encounter a price. But, keep in mind that the 450X is easily one of the quickest scooters out there. For the first time, you have an Electric scooter that far outperforms any other scooter. In fact, to get a small taste, I request you to go take a test ride of the 450 itself and then decide for yourself how that feels.

2 Likes

In Bangalore 450x test ride is available ??

I am also in the same situation. My Ather 450 payment window has been open and 450X is expensive and cant wait for that much long time.
Still Thinking… and waiting for some suggestions from forum.

1 Like

You are saying unlimited and the same time mentioning 3 years, This statement it self is very deviating.

Abhishek Balaji: I don’t need to keep in mind these many times that you are mentioning in the reply, I made up my mind just like thousands of those who Pre-booked the scooter with lots of enthusiasm but got disappointed after its pricing policies. After seeing and analyzing the statistics of the Pre-order bookings\Cancellations before & after the Ather 450x Launch, I think it should be you actually keeping in mind of what actually the people are looking for.

I agree being part of Ather Team you need defend your self against all the messages that you come across.

You are now admitting that you are making a high end top specs Electric scooter so obviously it will be costly, Why didn’t you(Ather - Team) mentioned the same point during the launch event ??

5 Likes

Hi @Ather.Team,

Fine, Since you are not agreeing for the price drop or any offers or any discounts fine. At the end of the day, you want to make profit, that is also fine… but then atleast give an attractive Lease policy for Ather 450X.

If you have time, please watch from start or just play it from where I have marked it.
I hope you guys can do atleast this. Both Ather 450x and Revolt RV400 are 1.5L range.

Thanks.

1 Like

As Ather is not coming to chandigarh, Should I cancel my order ?

For sure! The 450 already has lease plans and we’re working with financing partners to have lease plans available for the 450X as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Downpayment :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
@Ather.Team please :crossed_fingers::pray:

2 Likes

If i make full payment of 450X pro is it mandatory to pay the 400 rs every month or I can opt out

1 Like

Not mandatory on upfront purchase. If you don’t get the basic connect subscription, you’ll not be able to enjoy the connected features of the 450X like navigation, ride statistics and OTA updates.

1 Like

Hey @abhishek.balaji

Since I have immediate requirement of a vehicle instead of buying some petrol scooter, If I order 450 today or tomorrow, When will I get it delivered ?
And when I exchange it with 450x when my turn comes up what will be the loss amount that I have to bear ?

1 Like

Thank you for reply & really learning lot from you in this forum
How to be patience enough ?
So many different views of owners & fears,
saying so much about the Ather 450x & in initial stage i was too like that
As I cancelled my pre Oder.
now I am again booking the 450X pro
As I will be eagerly waiting for the arrival & go wee weee​:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Please can I know the approximate on road price of ather 450x pro including everything insurance and all costs and taxes and also what will the approximate cost for the servicing of the 450x pro.

1 Like

It depends on which state you’ll be purchasing it in, but you’ll need to further add road tax, insurance and reg charges, which would work out to approximately 7k-10k INR on top. We’d announce this in a structured way soon, for each city we’re launching in, since some states offer benefits for EVs like road tax waiver, and additional subsidies from the state.

2 Likes