Ather 450X Discussions

This has been added here:

Yes, Ather is doing great job. But unfortunately without knowing (or purposefully ingnoring) majority of customer’s requirements

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I too cancelled my pre-order this morning with a heavy heart , After closely following 450 for about a year and 450x till date this is something i never thought i will end up with… You guys at Ather might have produced a mean machine but where i will experience all that performance , I travel daily around 30 odd kms in Bangalore at a snail pace of 4-10km’s/hour , I can say that’s more or less same for every metro city which is your target market, Ather is making a fundamental mistake with a commuter vehicle segment justifying performance , Is 450 isn’t a performer it is for sure and that is more than enough for most of us a split on 1-2 secs fast do not make for the price you people are so damn confident about.

Anyways now that i have cancelled my order , I wish Ather all the best for their future and there is no Brute Force Analogy here you guys are also free to choose and serve your customer segments too … Good Byee!!!

Stands equally true for torque and acceleration :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Correctly said. But what about weekend adventure or a visit to close relative or a round trip in the city? As charging infrastructure & Fast charging technology or battery swap technology is poor or non-existence. So it makes sense to pack more range. Otherwise it won’t replace traditional scooters in future too.

2 Likes

Exactly why Ather should set up fast chargers outside the cities as well… So that we can fully utilize the vehicle

1 Like

Hey, I’ve updated the subscription plan details here: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Happy to answer any further queries on this :slight_smile:

Once the sales of new Ather 450 is closed by Ather in both Bangalore and Chennai, the demand for the second hand Ather 450 from those upgrading to Ather 450X is likely to be very high. It would then be worth considering an auction for those Ather 450 scooters being sold second hand with the floor price being set based on the Ather Health Certificate, age in months and cumulative mileage on the scooter. This will enable the current owners to get a good price and reduce the additional amount that they have to pay for Ather 450X. Also the second hand buyers will be paying a fair price for the value they get.

4 Likes

Not an auction exactly, but we’re working with partners to facilitate smooth exchange and resale of 450s.

A suggestion on mentioning the price of 450 and 450x. 1.13 lacs is on-road price of 450 and 1.59 lacs is the ex-showroom price of 450x Pro.

It is better to mention the on-road price or the ex-showroom price

2 Likes

We’ll come out with the onroad price in each city soon. Unfortunately, at this point, we cant share or compute the onroad price without getting regulatory clearance in each city.

2 Likes

The monthly battery subscription includes Ather Charge subscription (4G data charges, OTA updates, costs of data storage and pipeline costs, and unlimited Public charging at Ather Grid). You can take up optional service packs on top of this as well. Check this post to see what’s included and what’s not:

@abhishek.balaji why is the top speed still capped at 80 for the x pro. Can’t the limiter be raised in warp more. Do that and I buy for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Updated here: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

Sure, Until then we can mention the ex-showroom price of 450.

Yeah, we messed up the pricing announcement. Here’s more clarity on what’s included when you take a subscription. Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

TLDR;

The subscription includes battery subscription cost, data connectivity, data storage and pipeline costs, OTA updates and Unlimited public charging (basically, equivalent of the current Ather Charge plan)

1 Like

Yes @abhishek.balaji … The current highest 450 speed I’ve seen is 89…450x should surely be able to hit 100?

To add more detail to this:

There are two options to own a Ather 450X:

Pay the upfront cost of 1.49/1.59L, where you own the scooter completely.

• This gets you a standard 3 year warranty on the scooter and the battery. In these 3 years, if your battery degrades to 70% or lesser, we’ll replace it as per warranty.
  • Since you’re buying it upfront, you can opt for subscription to Ather Charge or Ather Connect or Ather Service. It is NOT mandatory.

Pay 99k and pick a Pro/Plus performance pack:

• This means you own the scooter without the battery and pay for the battery as a subscription, unlimited warranty, data services, over-the air updates, unlimited fast charging at Ather Grid. This way, you can own the scooter with a much less upfront cost of 99k.
  • This also means that if your battery degrades to anything less than 80% of its original capacity, we’ll replace with a new one. This works like your regular warranty, but for the entire lifetime of the scooter.
  • This plan would be ideal if you want your scooter to provide a consistently high performance throughout its life, without you ever worrying about degradation.
  • There is an exit option from the subscription, right from day one. Along with the option to pause upto a month, when you’re not going to be using it.
2 Likes

The prices shown are after subsidy. The cap on subsidy is on the ex-Factory price, and the 450X Pro qualifies for this.

1 Like

We are working on options such as extended warranty, but basically after 3 years, if you need to replace the battery pack, you can chose to do so by paying the battery cost.

We can’t give you an exact estimate of the battery replacement after 4 years, but lithium ion prices are going down, and we estimate this cost to be around 40-45k.

Check this to get more info on subscription options if you buy upfront: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

The battery warranty of 3 years is standard on upfront purchase. This guarantees that within 3 years, if your battery capacity goes below 70%, we’ll replace it under warranty. Batteries degrade due to use and due to calendar aging. This degradation will have minor effects to the performance, and that’s where the subscription model will help. In the subscription model, the limit is 80% instead of 70%, and you can go for replacements based on your usage.

We estimate that the battery will last much longer, but the unlimited battery warranty is for those who want consistent performance from their scooters.